All Purpose Pre-Show Lineup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Myea, meanwhile we got squashed into the turnstiles. :crack:

I couldn't remember if you where there too or if you had been pushed into a different row :lol: I'm glad we went through that traumatic experience together. :shifty::wink:

Worst GA experience was the Rose Bowl -- all other times things have been fairly well-organized. But the Rose Bowl was a disaster -- my wife and some friends and I were 1100 or so (having gotten there at 12pm). It was a pretty placid afternoon, until 4 or so when we were all told to bring our stuff back to our cars, and as people did so, other people started mobbing the front gate and everything turned into a sprint. The line went into complete chaos. People began running for the gate, it was a total disaster and we all turned into a horde of people amassing at the turnstiles. It was awful and unsafe (2000+ people at least running for a narrow gate -- what could possibly go wrong?), and a total clusterfuck. Speaks to the value of having some organization. At the same time, as I recall, there were different lines forming at that event -- fans who were giving out numbers the night before were supplanted by other "fans" pretending to be U2 crew who showed up early in the morning with their own list. Good times!

Montreal 1 on 360 was also pretty rad. Thank goodness I forwent that one, but it was the stuff of legend at Montreal 2. People could have been crushed. Anyone have a firsthand story about it?

I vividly remember Montreal 1. It was part insanity and part hilarity. They opened the doors early because Im pretty sure had they of not there would have been a riot. People had been lining up all day (myself included) but yellow caution tape had been used for the GA line instead of real barricades. Once hundreds and and i'd even say thousands of people arrived, the line pretty much got destroyed and collapsed and turned into a giant crowd of people. At probably about 3pm, everyone thought the doors were open (for some stupid reason), and all started pushing towards the front. There was so much pressure it was hard to breathe, short people actually started leaving because they couldn't handle it. The security guards ended up having to make a man-made barricade holding each others hands to keep us back. Security and fans were badmouthing each other, even shoving each other around. It got pretty nasty. Once they started letting people in mid-afternoon-ish, security was yelling and telling everyone to run. I remember they scanned my ticket, I looked at the security guard and he was wide eyed yelling at me to run as if there was some sort of tsunami approaching behind me. I'll never forget thousands upon thousands of people sprinting onto the grounds once the doors opened. Sand flying everywhere, it was like some sort of movie scene. You could have been crushed had you of fallen. But i had never seen that kind of encouragement from security staff before, telling you to run as fast as you can onto the grounds. All that hoopla for nothing, because once you ran onto the grounds and got your spot, you still had a few hours to go. And then the rainstorm that hit during Moment of Surrender. Seriously that was a legendary night.

Oh man the Rose Bowl clusterfuck. We were in the port o potty line when all he'll broke loose so we sprinted back to the stampede ( full bladders and all) and somehow found our way sort of back to our original place.

So for the Forum to be so organized and calm was a huge pleasant surprise! Bummer about Denver security. Losers.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

That rainstorm after Montreal1 was pretty special. :lol: Just when we all thought we could make it out dry, it started pissing down when MOS began. All I was thinking is protecting the setlist I got from Rocko with my life (who broke his leg later that night after slipping on stage :(. Setlist got a bit soaked but luckily it survived.

Did GA once, Raleigh 360. It seemed to go pretty smoothly from my point of view. We were in line about 1pm, got to meet a few people, heard the sound check and felt it getting everyone excited. It was a beautiful day (pun intended). There were no line nazis that I know of. We all ran once the doors opened. The wife and I got rail on Edge's side, woo-hoo! I'm 6'2" (187 cm I think is the equivalent) so was able to stand behind the wife for Muse, and allowed the teeney-boppers a thrill to stand at the rail for their bit. Once the boys were on, the kids weren't too interested so I got the rail back. 25 minute drive home after the show.

Montreal 1 - trying to use public transit after the show back to the hotel and in that rain SUCKED. But it was great to be there anyway.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using U2 Interference mobile app

Nowhere in the definition of line does it mention start with a "list". Love the thread, hate the list. I wish venues would tell these people where to go.

Does anyone know how early you have to lineup so that you can behave like an ass to people that turned up hours later and ended up standing next to your precious spot?

But to be REALLY asinine... the day before would get you the extra ego boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom