All Purpose Pre-Show Lineup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No lie - I just priced out flights from Seattle - New York - Milwaukee for the 7/31 show, since I have to go to Milwaukee on 8/1.

I thought I found a screaming deal and considered looking for a concert ticket for a hot minute ... then realized I had forgotten to also include my flight back to Seattle. :lol:

Sheeeit, you can quit your job and follow U2 around. The line nazis spend most of their week under overpasses.

It's implicit.

I really wonder how these fans have the money to take extra days to spend in empty parking lots and overpasses.

Some of the Line Nazis I've seen are bordering on Stalker territory if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

They were under an overpass during the Vancouver dates too. Nothing has changed from 360 except line nazis have become more of a meme.

From my experience with crazy fanatics of all stripes, it's generally the last option.

Some of the Line Nazis I've seen are bordering on Stalker territory if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Well I mean it's all relative...

I don't want to get into a place where everyone and anyone who goes to lots of shows and tends to quite often be very close falls into the "crazy, entitled psycho I think I'm better than you and deserve this" category... and while I'll certainly judge someone based on observed behavior, I won't assume to know what their financial background is.

I know someone who had no family to care for who made some financial sacrifices in order to travel the world following the band on Vertigo... Europe, Australia and New Zealand... to fulfill a dream. This person is a good friend and I don't consider him to be a crazy person whatsoever (although to be fair, we're all a little crazy to the outside world when it comes to this band).

I have another friend who's been to almost every show so far this tour. His profession and financial well being allows him to do it, so he does.

And then there's a third, former acquaintance who would go to show after show after show, yet was nearing 30 and still living at home working retail. And of course I've also had my fair share of run ins with the stalker types, and the entitled, and those who think they are somehow better than everyone else.

The bad seeds out there, or the misguided, tend to get all of the attention; and deservedly so... But there are many more "uber fans" who don't fall into the stalker, entitled douchebag category; yet unfortunately get lumped in with them sometimes.

MOVE TO eXPERIENCE THREAD

I'm sorry guys but this thread is now going to have to be moved to the eXperience Forum. I made a list for that Thread when Songs of Innocence was released. We are going to have to merge the lists. In deference to this list (and in recognition of the good faith of the starter of this thread), I will sacrifice and make myself #2 on the new list. Every other good sheep can fall in behind me no worries.

Forgive my ignorance, but I just want to make sure I don't make a faux pas when I queue up for the last LA show on Wednesday.

The Forum posted detailed instructions for GA and they seem reasonable. Have folks not been following those directions? I'd hate to be in one queue at the venue and then find out a splinter section created a separate queue and want to merge the two together.

I assume once you're in the queue and get a numbered wristband from the venue, you're free to leave for lunch/showers/naps as long as you're back in your spot before 5pm. Has this not been the case?

Thanks in advance!

Well I mean it's all relative...

I don't want to get into a place where everyone and anyone who goes to lots of shows and tends to quite often be very close falls into the "crazy, entitled psycho I think I'm better than you and deserve this" category... and while I'll certainly judge someone based on observed behavior, I won't assume to know what their financial background is.

I know someone who had no family to care for who made some financial sacrifices in order to travel the world following the band on Vertigo... Europe, Australia and New Zealand... to fulfill a dream. This person is a good friend and I don't consider him to be a crazy person whatsoever (although to be fair, we're all a little crazy to the outside world when it comes to this band).

I have another friend who's been to almost every show so far this tour. His profession and financial well being allows him to do it, so he does.

And then there's a third, former acquaintance who would go to show after show after show, yet was nearing 30 and still living at home working retail. And of course I've also had my fair share of run ins with the stalker types, and the entitled, and those who think they are somehow better than everyone else.

The bad seeds out there, or the misguided, tend to get all of the attention; and deservedly so... But there are many more "uber fans" who don't fall into the stalker, entitled douchebag category; yet unfortunately get lumped in with them sometimes.

I tried to send you a PM but your box is full so I'll ask here. I'm flying through New York to Europe the same time U2 will be in town, and I figure if I get there a day early, I might be able to check out a show. But unfortunately I am flying into Newark, so how big of a pain in the ass would it be to get from the Newark airport to the MSG area? Especially if you are carrying a big ass piece of luggage...

Forgive my ignorance, but I just want to make sure I don't make a faux pas when I queue up for the last LA show on Wednesday.

The Forum posted detailed instructions for GA and they seem reasonable. Have folks not been following those directions? I'd hate to be in one queue at the venue and then find out a splinter section created a separate queue and want to merge the two together.

I assume once you're in the queue and get a numbered wristband from the venue, you're free to leave for lunch/showers/naps as long as you're back in your spot before 5pm. Has this not been the case?

Thanks in advance!

People have not been following the directions. Sometime either today or Tuesday, someone will start a "list" off site. People who know about the "list" will sign up for it, then arrive at the Forum before 9am on Wednesday and will be given wristbands by the very efficient Forum staff that morning.

If you show up at the Forum Wednesday at 9, you will likely be between 150 and 250 which still gives you a great spot, but the "list" people will get the prime rail spots.

Co-signed 100%. I'm friends and/or friendly with a LOT of people who love to do the line-ups, or who go to a zillion shows. Great, good for them.

It's the whole concept of the 3-days in advance line and the lists you have to be "in the know" about, and the behavior of a few (most of which I have only heard about, not witnessed) that earns the ire.

People have not been following the directions. Sometime either today or Tuesday, someone will start a "list" off site. People who know about the "list" will sign up for it, then arrive at the Forum before 9am on Wednesday and will be given wristbands by the very efficient Forum staff that morning.

If you show up at the Forum Wednesday at 9, you will likely be between 150 and 250 which still gives you a great spot, but the "list" people will get the prime rail spots.

From my understanding, the people after LA #3 began a list up to who knows what time. Then I believe they went home and showed up again around 6 am with that same list being in effect.

I think originally the lists were done with good intentions. People would get their numbers, but would need to stay in line, only leaving to use the bathroom or grab a bite really quick. The numbering system basically kept order and protected the line from people who tried to butt in later in the day, because if they didn't have a number and weren't on the list then you had proof that they were just trying to cut in line.

But the system has taken on a life of it's own and is way out of hand these days.

I tried to send you a PM but your box is full so I'll ask here. I'm flying through New York to Europe the same time U2 will be in town, and I figure if I get there a day early, I might be able to check out a show. But unfortunately I am flying into Newark, so how big of a pain in the ass would it be to get from the Newark airport to the MSG area? Especially if you are carrying a big ass piece of luggage...

If you're arriving and leaving out of Newark, get a locker if you can and leave your luggage. No idea how you'd be able to bring the luggage into the show, you have to leave it somewhere.

That being said, Newark airport to Penn Station is simple....the air train at Newark airport takes you to the train station where you can take either Amtrak or NJ Transit right to Penn Station, so, you're at the Garden at that point. Very simple/convenient.

If you're arriving and leaving out of Newark, get a locker if you can and leave your luggage. No idea how you'd be able to bring the luggage into the show, you have to leave it somewhere.

That being said, Newark airport to Penn Station is simple....the air train at Newark airport takes you to the train station where you can take either Amtrak or NJ Transit right to Penn Station, so, you're at the Garden at that point. Very simple/convenient.

Good to know, I'd actually try to get a hotel room near the Garden if possible and stay the night, so I could leave my luggage there

That happened after the first Vancouver show. I had arranged to meet a few people in that general area, and the line people were all "Are you here to get a number?"

And I was all "FUCK NO!"

And then pepokiss came over and threw his arms around me and that was nice. :cute:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom