Additional ("Residence"?) Dates Speculation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really want to see the final 2-4 NYC shows. So, let's hope for some days in between sales.

I can't remember if dates have been added on the fly before? I think so... Vertigo?

i seem to recall they added 3 and 4 in Toronto for vertigo after about 10 minutes. anyone else remember?

That's how I remember it, too. Just a few minutes into the general sale, as shows were selling out, TO 3 and 4 were added, no presale.

Which is why I took a vacation day on Monday!

How confident are we that there will be more Chicago shows? I can't make night 2 of the announced ones, should I hold off on buying tickets for night 1 and get a pair together when they announce the extra dates?

99% there will be 4 shows in Chicago, 98% there will be 6! We just don't know the dates.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Just a guess based on them saying there would be special Dublin shows added later, and there are 5 placeholders at the end of the tour.

Just speculation of course

The first 2 of those placeholders would be for the 2 extra nights planned for Paris with rumored dates on November 14-15. That Irish newspaper was saying Dublin should get 2-3 shows, which matches the 3 remaining placeholders after Paris 3 and 4 are added.

I don't think the demand is there for another 2 dates in London imo. I don't think they will be added to ensure the £165 seats for the existing dates get sold (lots still available):

U2 tickets

I don't think the demand is there for another 2 dates in London imo. I don't think they will be added to ensure the £165 seats for the existing dates get sold (lots still available):

U2 tickets

When i go on the axs mobile site nothing comes up. 2 seats together that is anyway

NORTH AMERICA 2015
May 14th Vancouver, BC, Rogers Arena
May 15th Vancouver, BC, Rogers Arena

May 18th San Jose, CA, SAP Center at San Jose
May 19th San Jose, CA, SAP Center at San Jose

May 22nd, Phoenix, AZ, US Airways Center
May 23rd, Phoenix, AZ, US Airways Center

May 26th, Los Angeles, CA, Forum
May 27th, Los Angeles, CA, Forum
May 30th, Los Angeles, CA, Forum
May 31st, Los Angeles, CA, Forum
+3, 4

June 12th, Montreal, QC, Bell Centre
June 13th, Montreal, QC, Bell Centre
+16, 17, 20, 21

June 24th, Chicago, IL, United Center
June 25th, Chicago, IL, United Center
+28, 29, 2, 3

July 6th, Toronto, ON, Air Canada Centre
July 7th, Toronto, ON, Air Canada Centre

July 10th, Boston, MA, TD Garden
July 11th, Boston, MA, TD Garden
+14, 15

July 18th, New York, NY, Madison Square Garden
July 19th, New York, NY, Madison Square Garden
July 22nd, New York, NY, Madison Square Garden
July 23rd, New York, NY Madison Square Garden
+26, 27 (+30,31?)

EUROPE / UK 2015
Sep 4th, Turin, Italy , Pala Alpitour
Sep 5th, Turin, Italy, Pala Alpitour

Sep 8th, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Ziggo Dome
Sep 9th, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Ziggo Dome
+12, 13

Sep 16th, Stockholm, Sweden, Globe
Sep 17th, Stockholm, Sweden, Globe
+20, 21

Sep 24th, Berlin, Germany, O2 World
Sep 25th, Berlin, Germany, O2 World
+28, 29

Oct 5th, Barcelona, Spain, Palau Sant Jordi
Oct 6th, Barcelona, Spain, Palau Sant Jordi
+9, 10

Oct 13th, Antwerp, Belgium, Sportpaleis
Oct 14th, Antwerp, Belgium, Sportpaleis

Oct 17th, Koln, Germany, Lanxess Arena
Oct 18th Koln, Germany, Lanxess Arena
+21, 22

Oct 25th, London, UK O2
Oct 26th, London, UK O2
Oct 29th, London, UK O2
Oct 30th, London, UK O2
+ 2, 3

Nov 6th, Glasgow, UK, The SSE Hydro
Nov 7th, Glasgow, UK, The SSE Hydro

Nov 10th, Paris, France, Bercy
Nov 11th, Paris, France, Bercy
+14, 15 (+18,19?).

Vox

Would love them to switch those two extra london dates to manchester arena.

NORTH AMERICA 2015

June 12th, Montreal, QC, Bell Centre
June 13th, Montreal, QC, Bell Centre
+16, 17, 20, 21

June 24th, Chicago, IL, United Center
June 25th, Chicago, IL, United Center
+28, 29, 2, 3

July 6th, Toronto, ON, Air Canada Centre
July 7th, Toronto, ON, Air Canada Centre

Vox

I thought the conventional wisdom was that Montreal could get 4, Chicago 6, and Toronto 4.

20th and 21st september is a sunday and a monday, weird days to put the extra dates on, would make more sense for them to put it on 19th and 20th. But then again 16th and 17th is wednesday and thursday...

Extremely let down I got shut of Boston 2, really hoping they add another Boston show

Extremely let down I got shut of Boston 2, really hoping they add another Boston show

also nothing for either Boston show in today's sale. 1-2 stray singles, but otherwise, a completely sold out show.

since no new shows have been added, would it be prudent to get a friend to join U2.com for potential presale codes?

To address a few general points in this thread:

1. In terms of when shows will be added, there is no real past trend we can apply. Sometimes they have added extra shows immediately - the gig has simply appeared on Ticketmaster (or wherever) within an hour of the first show(s) selling out, on sale immediately. On other occasions the extra shows have been announced a few days ahead of time, allowing a fanclub presale to take place. Both of these strategies have been pursued on the same tour as well.
2. It's quite unusual but not unheard of for U2 to add extra shows before the first one announced. For example, on 360, the first show in Mexico City chronologically was not the first show announced.
3. The schedule really is easy to read to figure out where extra shows are likely to be, as noted with the two days on/two days off pattern. Whether those shows actually happen or not is another matter entirely, but the space is there. I'm genuinely surprised none have been announced yet, especially in Europe where sales have been nuts. I expected to wake up this morning to find extra European shows were not only added, but sold out already.
4. Re: Paris, there are already rumours/leaks that extra dates will be 14 and 15 November. Nothing whatsoever has been said about the 18th or 19th and I don't expect that to happen.
5. The show ID info is really interesting, but I don't think it can be used as indicative of any Dublin shows. Those don't even seem to have been confirmed yet, i.e. final paperwork still has to be signed, so they likely wouldn't be entered into the database properly yet. It seems the North American IDs are more reliable a guide than the European ones too, which seem to be entered a bit less systematically given some of the dates being out of order with their IDs.

When was the last time Toronto has had less than 4 arena shows? Or even less shows than Montreal? Not since before..Elevation even? Nah. Even on Vertigo Toronto got 2x the shows Montreal did.

Perhaps before you make claims like this you should actually check Canada's stats: U2 shows by country - Canada - U2 on tour :wink:

Montreal got more shows than Toronto on Elevation. Both had two shows on the first leg, then Montreal got another show on the third leg.

Perhaps before you make claims like this you should actually check Canada's stats: U2 shows by country - Canada - U2 on tour :wink:

Montreal got more shows than Toronto on Elevation. Both had two shows on the first leg, then Montreal got another show on the third leg.

My "claim" was posed more as a question, and indeed I was close, ie it was either around or before the Elevation tour the last time Toronto got less shows than Montreal. However, and one thing you didn't factor in, U2 also played Hamilton which is less than 1 hour from Toronto. For all intents and purposes, it's almost a Toronto show, especially for fans like me smack dab in the middle of both cities. The fact (and my point) is, that the Toronto area can support a greater demand and as a result gets more shows. It would be simply unthinkable to see Montreal in 2015 get 4 show and Toronto only 2. I love Montreal, indeed both being born there and a huge Habs fan, but it's not gonna happen.

Now..I realize I did follow my question with a "nah", but that "nah" was more in response to the person who claimed that Montreal would get 2 extra dates added before Toronto.

So anyways..

I posted this on another thread. See how my rationale works and lemme know what you think of it. I know you analyze these patterns well and respect greatly the work you do on your data..

july 2nd and 3rd for the additional Toronto dates.

Rationale:

They'll add Montreal Jun 16, 17

Additional Chicago Jun 20, 21 and if these 6 show rumours are true, Jun 28, 29

They'll celebrate Canada Day with us on their day off, rehearse, and open up Toronto on Jul 2

I say it ends up being pretty close, if not exactly that

I think they also add Jul 14, 15 to Boston

NY Jul 26, 27, 30, 31

The main clues are the ending and beginning dates for the cities already listed. Watch the pattern, they are already going 2 on 2 off. You can take any city that has blank spots and apply that rule, add 2 days off for them to get to the next city, and it works.

Many dates still have availability. London still has seats (albeit top priced seats) for all four shows.

Can't see additional dates being added if current shows still have availability.

Many dates still have availability. London still has seats (albeit top priced seats) for all four shows.

Can't see additional dates being added if current shows still have availability.

At the end of it they have only been on general sale for one day

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom