8 MSG shows. Which ones best?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Row 7. Easily the best value. I bought these as an upgrade from behind the stage (sec 113) and SO glad I did. I'd sit here every night, really, unless they get rid of those pesky GA vip risers for the rest of the shows.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I upgraded from 112, which pretty much stares directly into the belly of the screen, was able to sell the 112 to a ticketless pal who was very happy to have it. I was in 111 the first night though and it really wasn't bad at all. Think I will be looking directly into the belly of the screen in Sec 2 on Wednesday, but at least I will have a phenomenal e-stage view for that one. :)

11754414_10153672104350934_1126483655265540109_o.jpg

Due to financial constraints, I just had to put my GA for Wednesday on sale. It sold in 3 minutes.
:sad::sad::sad:
I still have a ticket for Thursday that I'm using. And if this tour does continue through next year, that gives me plenty of time to win the lottery so I can follow it from then on! :hyper:

I bought two GA's from Vivid Seats in April. It says they will be shipped by the 28th of this month, my show is the 31st. Are they issuing paper tickets at the box office before hand? I'm just wondering if this seller will really be able to ship hard tix to me by then, or if I'm going to have to meet them in person the day of the show. Any insights or advice? Thanks :)

I know nothing about how vivid seats works. But my first thought is to contact them and find out. But assume they will mail ticket right away if you paid. How far away are you from them? Anyway good luck.

Question for anyone who has attended any or both shows at MSG so far.

At what time do they open the doors and let people into the venue?

I have seats so not really worried about fighting for a GA spot but, we wanted to meet friends for dinner/drinks before the show and I wanted to plan out the timing depending on when we can get into the arena.

Was in section 108 - great view from there. Terrific performance. Still need to go through my photos.

Question for anyone who has attended any or both shows at MSG so far.

At what time do they open the doors and let people into the venue?

I have seats so not really worried about fighting for a GA spot but, we wanted to meet friends for dinner/drinks before the show and I wanted to plan out the timing depending on when we can get into the arena.

Well GA goes in at 6:30. I imagine everyone else does too.

They went on at like 8:15ish I think

Think doors for the seats are at 7. Get there by 7:45 to allow time for backups at the entrances and you should be good. One or more merch stands in the main lobby are actually open after 3-ish if you want to get your merch before dinner to avoid crowds.

Was in section 108 - great view from there. Terrific performance. Still need to go through my photos.

Awesome photo! I was also in section 108 last night. Tickets came up last minute a few days before the show! What kind of camera did you use? And did you have any trouble getting in with it? I have one more show and would like to take some decent photos.

Think doors for the seats are at 7. Get there by 7:45 to allow time for backups at the entrances and you should be good. One or more merch stands in the main lobby are actually open after 3-ish if you want to get your merch before dinner to avoid crowds.

Nice, I'll be coming into Penn Station around 3ish probably so I'll pop upstairs and see what the scene is like before heading off to other activities.

Awesome photo! I was also in section 108 last night. Tickets came up last minute a few days before the show! What kind of camera did you use? And did you have any trouble getting in with it? I have one more show and would like to take some decent photos.

Thanks. I used a (borrowed) Canon G1X Mark II - mainly because I wanted the large sensor. The zoom was ok, but not as powerful as on superzoom models. There was no problem getting it in (it is a smaller camera). I left my dslr at home, but think I saw someone walk in with one.

I know nothing about how vivid seats works. But my first thought is to contact them and find out. But assume they will mail ticket right away if you paid. How far away are you from them? Anyway good luck.

My first time with Vivid, same model as StubHub with similar guarantee. I bought them back in April with a delivery by this coming Monday. Vivid has been great at letting me know if the seller doesn't mail them by Monday they will make sure I have GAs by showtime. Just wondered if others were getting hard copies for GA or if it was completely paperless at MSG.

Thanks. I used a (borrowed) Canon G1X Mark II - mainly because I wanted the large sensor. The zoom was ok, but not as powerful as on superzoom models. There was no problem getting it in (it is a smaller camera). I left my dslr at home, but think I saw someone walk in with one.

Thank you!

The iPhone 5 does not take good pictures at U2 shows is what I learned. I have failed for 20 years to get 1 good shot at a U2 show. In fairness I didn't try until a phone was in my pocket with a camera. Oh fuck it -- I'll just enjoy yours. Who cares? I don't even care. Do I? I guess I do. I hate selfies. I hate pictures. But I tried both during concert. My life is a mess.

Are you guys all doing GA and 100s?

Right now I got
GA

i hit all the sections!

I do too. Only issue is my friday seat appears to be dead middle of row and I like ends seats. When you're alone and you're in middle seat, it's a bit weird to me.

GA for nights 3 and 6, seats for nights 4, 7 and 8. No tickets for 5 yet.

You guys are masters. Headache did you actually pay for one this time?

I should have made better friends with the girl that worked at RED and brought her father to show and she HAS to go to all 8 shows and obviously doesn't really like the music -- cause and people yes. But I could have been her plus one.

Shoulda, woulda, still could.

Just posted my night 1 and 2 brainfarts/pix in the individual show threads. :|

I had 111 on Sat. and 114 (upgraded from 112) on Sun. Coming up is Sec. 2 on Weds., 119 (traded my <gasp> GA for it today) on Thurs., 120 on Sun. and Mon., and GAs for the final two shows. :) All $86/$118. :)

One more Day! Plane tomorrow morning. Arrive lunch time. Bite to eat, check in hotel, then the party begins. Well actually it will probably begin at lunch :). Have GA for wed :) seats Thursday :(. GA looked pretty crowded the other night. Anybody any info as when they got in line and where they ended up in GA? No way lining up all day but would line up for an hour or so if it would make a difference.

Oh one other question. Am I right in the following. From Greenwich Village, subway 123 takes me up 8th Ave, ACE takes me up 7th Ave, and BDF takes me up 6th ave?

Oh one other question. Am I right in the following. From Greenwich Village, subway 123 takes me up 8th Ave, ACE takes me up 7th Ave, and BDF takes me up 6th ave?

123 and ACE all stop at Penn Station, which is under MSG... but you've got it reversed.

The 123 stops on the 7th Ave side, while the ACE stops on the 8th Ave side.

The BDF goes up 6th Ave

Back
Top Bottom