8 MSG shows. Which ones best?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think 6 was probably the best of the 8. If they hadn't cut October from the set list, there would be no question in my mind.

I vote for show 9. You know, the one next July in NYC...

also who or whom do I talk to about the fact that blond Bono is my least favorite of his looks... I miss the black hair...

So according to the New Yorker Bono is now annoying because they aren't ironic anymore. And Deadspin thinks Bono is the devil incarnate. Can't get through a tour without someone dissing the band.
Saw a FB post about How U2 annoy them? How? They really aren't in the public mainstream... You know when these articles come out, the band is still important. ;)

I'm thinking that this year was the innocence side of things. Maybe next year with the experience side will get the ironic U2 back that the New Yorker so badly wants.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The positive press right now far outweighs the negative... How far we've come from Apple, right?

Most people gush over the show. There will always be the detractors... but The U2s have managed to rebound nicely.

Just like your posts -- yes. The same.

In case that was not sarcastic I must post again as this thread has been great.

I agree, I wish U2 would go back to when the played a different setlist everynight, played whole albums in one show... :huh::|

Listening to EBW album version and man is it great. Wish they did it that way a few times during show. Still great duet. But man album version and a few other full band edits are so amazing. Maybe hard to do live well with full band. But man this song off album would bring house down instead of excuse for everyone around me to talk.

I can't stand the production on the record. If they did build-up to full band as on the MTV Europe performance, that could've been something.

So we're in full agreement. We both love album version.

Back
Top Bottom