$300 for Upper Deck - What Are They Smoking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marcust99

The Fly
Over 3/4 of the upper deck tickets for Toronto are top tier ($300) priced. How can they justify nosebleeds being the same price as the best seats i the house?

Madness I say. No wonder these shows aren't instant sellouts.

C'mon U2 - REALLY?

Theve priced the arena all wrong.

There's too many top price tickets.

How can a seat in the corner behind the stage be the same price as the best seat in the house??

They havent done the pricing right. Yeah charge high prices for the seats by the stage but the rest should be alot less.

The whole bottom bowl and alot of the upper tiers are £180/$300 thats stupid!

It's a shame that the $275+ ticket price is distributed that way. Imagine if they had charged $375+ for those seats like it was rumored.

I fell "victim" to this. I picked up a pair of MSG tickets this morning, and saw where my tickets were (sec 225), so I just assumed they were in the lower $100 range, and bought them. They are the $300 tickets, which I figured out only after the fact when I reviewed my purchase. It's totally my fault, I was just being hasty through the process, trying to make sure I got the right credit card selected and everything. I have nobody to blame but myself for buying these tickets… but I still think it's grade A BULLSHIT that they were that price anyway! Seems like most do too, given that there are still tickets available in this price range at most shows. Madison Square Garden should be an instant sellout for U2. I think U2 have finally found out just how high they can charge with this tour.

My tickets are row 1 of the upper bowl in section 225, which is right in the middle of the arena. I'm sure I'll have a very good view of everything that is going on. I'm sure I'll enjoy the experience, but think about this; top tier Elevation tour tickets were HALF OR LESS of what these tickets cost! I certainly doubt this show will be twice as good in quality as Elevation was.

Rant over, damage done. I'm already looking into some small ways I can work towards offsetting the damage done to my credit card today. I can technically afford these tickets, but it isn't sitting well.

I fell "victim" to this. I picked up a pair of MSG tickets this morning, and saw where my tickets were (sec 225), so I just assumed they were in the lower $100 range, and bought them. They are the $300 tickets, which I figured out only after the fact when I reviewed my purchase. It's totally my fault, I was just being hasty through the process, trying to make sure I got the right credit card selected and everything. I have nobody to blame but myself for buying these tickets… but I still think it's grade A BULLSHIT that they were that price anyway! Seems like most do too, given that there are still tickets available in this price range at most shows. Madison Square Garden should be an instant sellout for U2. I think U2 have finally found out just how high they can charge with this tour.

My tickets are row 1 of the upper bowl in section 225, which is right in the middle of the arena. I'm sure I'll have a very good view of everything that is going on. I'm sure I'll enjoy the experience, but think about this; top tier Elevation tour tickets were HALF OR LESS of what these tickets cost! I certainly doubt this show will be twice as good in quality as Elevation was.

Rant over, damage done. I'm already looking into some small ways I can work towards offsetting the damage done to my credit card today. I can technically afford these tickets, but it isn't sitting well.

sucks dude. i only knew since my seasons hockey tickets were in the same section, three rows up and they were charging that kind of money for TO1...way to burn more goodwill.

i guess the industry has changed a whole lot since Elevation, with lower revenue from record sales perhaps, and touring now having to offset that... plus prices were bound to be a whole lot higher being arenas instead of stadiums... i'm happy and pleasantly surprised with the price of the standing tix at least, and just relieved i was able to get tickets at a reasonable price thru the presale - would not have stood a chance for Paris on the public sale today...

i guess the industry has changed a whole lot since Elevation, with lower revenue from record sales perhaps, and touring now having to offset that... plus prices were bound to be a whole lot higher being arenas instead of stadiums... i'm happy and pleasantly surprised with the price of the standing tix at least, and just relieved i was able to get tickets at a reasonable price thru the presale - would not have stood a chance for Paris on the public sale today...

the thing is, you end up having to stand in the stands where you have paid more for a seat.... at least that is my experience.

I got 1 GA for MSG, but had to cough up the dough for a seat on 7/19 as GAs went out fast.

I'm just glad I can justify the cost because my seat is section 117 row 13 which offers a killer view.

LA is the same. There are full price tickets available in the upper deck at $312.10 each. (Night 3, sec 212!)

just saw the seat map open for T02. well, clearly, pricing was off. in fact, i would suggest that unless the prices are lowered, they will be pretty empty. lots in the upper level in the 3 middle sections. can not see map for t01 yet but i suspect it is the exact same. 300 each for them

I'm sure I'll enjoy the experience, but think about this; top tier Elevation tour tickets were HALF OR LESS of what these tickets cost! I certainly doubt this show will be twice as good in quality as Elevation was.

Well, the Elevation Tour was nearly 14 years ago so you can't really compare price points. But, yeah that is quite the price gap. In any case, I do agree that nosebleeds should never be that expensive. That is crazy. I might have fallen for it too but I'm pretty paranoid on Ticketmaster in terms of dates and prices. I bought 3rd row nosebleeds for Vancouver and it was $40 total with service charge which is what it should cost for the entire upper level.

I bought 2 NY tickets, section 210, for 100 $ per ticket. Why are all other tickets 300 $ in that section when I look at Ticketmaster?

the pricing map makes me believe that there's something about the staging or video screens that make the sideline (long side of the arena) seats really good... as the ends are priced cheaper, and not just the rear stage, which is expected. the front stage end line tickets are on the lower end, price wise...

it would be really nice if the band would, ya know, show us the stage schematics to justify this price range.

Were the NY section 200 (upper bowl) all the same price (300 $)?

No. Along the sidelines, you hit the next price down around row 15. You can look at the MSG seating charts on the TM sale page, pick choose my seat and see where the price splits are in each section.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Don't be so hard on yourself.

The way tickets appear on the Ticketmaster site isn't clear. When I was trying for London GA's this morning I was faced with a page that has options where it says 'best available' in two drop down menus. Below that it has an option for 'full priced ticket' with an option next to it saying 'any price.' I mean, that is just messed up and contradictory... especially when you know hundreds of tickets are being sold every second. A full priced ticket at any price? Talk about a riddle.

Why isn't there one menu that lists each ticket, what it is and price.

So you have:

£30 seats: Blocks x/y/z
£55 floor standing
£90 seats: Blocks x/y/z
£165 seats: Blocks x/y/z

£xxx RedZone standing

£xxx Premium VIP party

£xxx VIP party

£xxx Hot ticket package

Number of tickets: xx

SEARCH FOR TICKETS

Each ticket option has a radio button by it to select your desired ticket/price type. Then you enter in the number of tickets you want and hit 'search for tickets.' Then you know it's looking for the tickets you want.

Can't be difficult huh?

It was $34 for the cheapest seats in Stockholm, are they really $300 in the US? The best seats were $200. And Red Zone $320.

I got $30 seats for Chicago2. Section 324 Row 8 Seats 9,10,11

Total in person (bought at retail location and have hard tix in hand!!), for 3 seats was $130.32

Wish I'd been able to afford to buy Chi1 as well. *sigh*

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

I dont know if anyone else noticed this but for Montreal they use a website called Evenko (not Ticketmaster). What I noticed is that tickets that weren't directly on the edges of the arena came with a message of there being a "Partially Obstructed View" meanwhile 2 sections over the tickets that were along the edge of the arena and were double the price had no warning message of a "partially obstructed view". There will definitely be some screen action going on that may restrict some view.

I have a feeling the stage itself is part of the video visual, and they believe that to justify the pricing map.

Empty sections in Toronto with 30-40 seats in the uppers just upped and disappeared after being empty 2 hours earlier. Bullshit.

Empty sections in Toronto with 30-40 seats in the uppers just upped and disappeared after being empty 2 hours earlier. Bullshit.

Guy O$eary bought them all to give as corporate gift for Christmas?

Kidding aside, maybe ticket master lowered the price on these tickets just to get them sold so that they can announce the next batch of shows for Toronto? Makes me wonder if they'll rethink what they're charging a little bit with the next shows they add? Probably not.

Ticketmaster has this new thing to compete with stubhub. You can sell your unwanted tickets through Ticketmaster even if it's above face value. So when you go to search on Ticketmaster you get the tickets people are selling too.

God, so much greed today.

- Resellers stealing all the tickets

- VIP tickets charging double for the lower level action

- Platinum tickets charging 400-700 for seats barely better than most of the $300 ones

- $300 nosebleed tickets in areas where the band is super popular

- $300 floor level tickets to begin with...tickets so bad that scalpers won't even buy hundreds of them for the San Jose shows because they likely will have a hard time even getting face value for those at some point

It's all just a fucking mess. And the vast majority of people that got GA tickets? Through the fan club for which they paid a fee for the access to nab those two tickets, thus increasing the price from $80 a pop.

Just one big money pinwheel and it's been kind of disturbingly fascinating to see each new leaf spin by. I'm just astounded every time a new bit of information comes along. It's insane.

If you think these fees are high, just wait until you start shopping for a house. Or health care. Or pretty much live life in general in any place where people want to live.

It's not like any of us need to buy this tickets to survive. It's entertainment. We don't have to pay anything. And they can't make the prices free or cheap because everyone gets a cut. And also if the tickets were $5 bucks, they would still be listed at $500 on ebay and many fans wouldn't get them either. It's never a perfect system. It's just capitalism at work -- the best of the worst.

It's our own fault for our favorite band int he world also being the most popular band in the world. My friend is going to see Gaslight Anthem. We should all do that as well and feel like kings!

No, it's capitalism at work in that it's theft from the average joe. Which is in fact, capitalism at work.

I have no problem if an individual went and bought their maximum and then tried to turn them. Frankly, it should still be considered illegal, but that's not the problem here.

The problem is that the richies had access that you and I didn't and bought thousands of tickets which they then go and re-sell. A lot of these tickets are Ticketmaster themselves buying them and just selling them for a higher value immediately after. That's not a free market. That's a rigged market.

And I have a house. I pay less for my mortgage than I did for my rental in Berkeley and it's not that long of a mortgage term. And I have health care thanks to our President (the one begrudgingly good thing he accomplished) at a whopping $38 bucks a month with basically full coverage and a San Francisco city flex-spending account that covers any other fees I incur. So no, these rigged ticket sales are nothing like the real world. It's like if someone got into the supermarket before you did (the ONLY supermarket, mind you), bought everything and then moved it to another store right next to it and asked you to pay double or triple for apples.

Back
Top Bottom