$300 for Upper Deck - What Are They Smoking? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour Central - 2015 Archive > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2014, 01:58 PM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 04:03 AM
$300 for Upper Deck - What Are They Smoking?

Over 3/4 of the upper deck tickets for Toronto are top tier ($300) priced. How can they justify nosebleeds being the same price as the best seats i the house?

Madness I say. No wonder these shows aren't instant sellouts.

C'mon U2 - REALLY?

Marcust99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 02:01 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 08:03 AM

Theve priced the arena all wrong.

There's too many top price tickets.

How can a seat in the corner behind the stage be the same price as the best seat in the house??

They havent done the pricing right. Yeah charge high prices for the seats by the stage but the rest should be alot less.

The whole bottom bowl and alot of the upper tiers are £180/$300 thats stupid!

rennowba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 02:03 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

It's a shame that the $275+ ticket price is distributed that way. Imagine if they had charged $375+ for those seats like it was rumored.
prbiker15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 02:10 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I fell "victim" to this. I picked up a pair of MSG tickets this morning, and saw where my tickets were (sec 225), so I just assumed they were in the lower $100 range, and bought them. They are the $300 tickets, which I figured out only after the fact when I reviewed my purchase. It's totally my fault, I was just being hasty through the process, trying to make sure I got the right credit card selected and everything. I have nobody to blame but myself for buying these tickets… but I still think it's grade A BULLSHIT that they were that price anyway! Seems like most do too, given that there are still tickets available in this price range at most shows. Madison Square Garden should be an instant sellout for U2. I think U2 have finally found out just how high they can charge with this tour.

My tickets are row 1 of the upper bowl in section 225, which is right in the middle of the arena. I'm sure I'll have a very good view of everything that is going on. I'm sure I'll enjoy the experience, but think about this; top tier Elevation tour tickets were HALF OR LESS of what these tickets cost! I certainly doubt this show will be twice as good in quality as Elevation was.

Rant over, damage done. I'm already looking into some small ways I can work towards offsetting the damage done to my credit card today. I can technically afford these tickets, but it isn't sitting well.
The_acrobat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 02:39 PM   #5
Acrobat

Local Time: 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_acrobat View Post
I fell "victim" to this. I picked up a pair of MSG tickets this morning, and saw where my tickets were (sec 225), so I just assumed they were in the lower $100 range, and bought them. They are the $300 tickets, which I figured out only after the fact when I reviewed my purchase. It's totally my fault, I was just being hasty through the process, trying to make sure I got the right credit card selected and everything. I have nobody to blame but myself for buying these tickets… but I still think it's grade A BULLSHIT that they were that price anyway! Seems like most do too, given that there are still tickets available in this price range at most shows. Madison Square Garden should be an instant sellout for U2. I think U2 have finally found out just how high they can charge with this tour.

My tickets are row 1 of the upper bowl in section 225, which is right in the middle of the arena. I'm sure I'll have a very good view of everything that is going on. I'm sure I'll enjoy the experience, but think about this; top tier Elevation tour tickets were HALF OR LESS of what these tickets cost! I certainly doubt this show will be twice as good in quality as Elevation was.

Rant over, damage done. I'm already looking into some small ways I can work towards offsetting the damage done to my credit card today. I can technically afford these tickets, but it isn't sitting well.
sucks dude. i only knew since my seasons hockey tickets were in the same section, three rows up and they were charging that kind of money for TO1...way to burn more goodwill.
Wendyandkevinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 02:53 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:03 AM
i guess the industry has changed a whole lot since Elevation, with lower revenue from record sales perhaps, and touring now having to offset that... plus prices were bound to be a whole lot higher being arenas instead of stadiums... i'm happy and pleasantly surprised with the price of the standing tix at least, and just relieved i was able to get tickets at a reasonable price thru the presale - would not have stood a chance for Paris on the public sale today...
mama cass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 02:56 PM   #7
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama cass View Post
i guess the industry has changed a whole lot since Elevation, with lower revenue from record sales perhaps, and touring now having to offset that... plus prices were bound to be a whole lot higher being arenas instead of stadiums... i'm happy and pleasantly surprised with the price of the standing tix at least, and just relieved i was able to get tickets at a reasonable price thru the presale - would not have stood a chance for Paris on the public sale today...
the thing is, you end up having to stand in the stands where you have paid more for a seat.... at least that is my experience.
Old 12-08-2014, 03:00 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendyandkevinca View Post
the thing is, you end up having to stand in the stands where you have paid more for a seat.... at least that is my experience.
i can't sit down at a concert
mama cass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 03:06 PM   #9
Acrobat

I got 1 GA for MSG, but had to cough up the dough for a seat on 7/19 as GAs went out fast.

I'm just glad I can justify the cost because my seat is section 117 row 13 which offers a killer view.
wojovox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 03:16 PM   #10
Fan & Taper

Local Time: 01:03 AM
LA is the same. There are full price tickets available in the upper deck at $312.10 each. (Night 3, sec 212!)
Chrisedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 03:22 PM   #11
Acrobat

just saw the seat map open for T02. well, clearly, pricing was off. in fact, i would suggest that unless the prices are lowered, they will be pretty empty. lots in the upper level in the 3 middle sections. can not see map for t01 yet but i suspect it is the exact same. 300 each for them
Old 12-08-2014, 03:24 PM   #12
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_acrobat View Post
I'm sure I'll enjoy the experience, but think about this; top tier Elevation tour tickets were HALF OR LESS of what these tickets cost! I certainly doubt this show will be twice as good in quality as Elevation was.
Well, the Elevation Tour was nearly 14 years ago so you can't really compare price points. But, yeah that is quite the price gap. In any case, I do agree that nosebleeds should never be that expensive. That is crazy. I might have fallen for it too but I'm pretty paranoid on Ticketmaster in terms of dates and prices. I bought 3rd row nosebleeds for Vancouver and it was $40 total with service charge which is what it should cost for the entire upper level.
quasi1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 04:06 PM   #13
War Child

I bought 2 NY tickets, section 210, for 100 $ per ticket. Why are all other tickets 300 $ in that section when I look at Ticketmaster?
Zoovation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 04:13 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

This is really brutal pricing.
anitram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 04:16 PM   #15
Blue Crack Distributor

the pricing map makes me believe that there's something about the staging or video screens that make the sideline (long side of the arena) seats really good... as the ends are priced cheaper, and not just the rear stage, which is expected. the front stage end line tickets are on the lower end, price wise...

it would be really nice if the band would, ya know, show us the stage schematics to justify this price range.

Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote