2016 Rumour Dates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

love_u2_adam

Blue Crack Addict
Heaven In Alberta, Where We Got All Hell For A Bas
Helllllllooooooooo, hellllllllooooooo.

I am looking for some help. I am trying to figure out if I have a hope in hell to get to see U2 this tour. Does anyone know any of the North America dates or if they're even doing a 2016 tour (who are we kidding they are). I am now an adult, with an adult life and I had no money to go to Vancouver, to which I am not impressed with. But any rumours would help. :sad: :heart:

Edit: the damn smilies don't work on my phone!!!! I tried so hard to remember them :cry:

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Look who's back! :wave:

Nothing but rumors. A crew member told someone recently the tour might go into 2017 as well.

I'm only here for the rumours :angry:... Jk :hug: I need someone to pressure the crew to tell us so I can save my pennies. Do you know when U2 normally release their next leg of tours?

Hard to say. The third leg of the Vertigo tour was announced in early March 2005 (even before the first leg started) I guess that would have had something to do with the mess up that was the first leg of the Vertigo tour ticket sales.

I would say sometime around November-December they will announce dates for next year.

Edge spoke of a 10 week window after this tour ends where they could conceivably finish Songs of Experience, if they had the motivation to do so.

So clearly there is a plan to continue touring into 2016, and it would seem as if their plans are to start the tour around February 2016... which would point towards starting in the southern hemisphere and/or warmer climate.

Starting a tour in the US or Europe in February could present some logistical nightmares.

Yeah, it seems like it's a matter of it'll be South America or the Pacific for February/March.. and whoever doesn't get the start, will get the end in November-December.

US/Europe to get the summer, surely.

I work in the industry that runs and manages professional sports arenas and stadiums. I know for a fact that U2's organization has been talking to Heinz Field (NFL stadium) in Pittsburgh about a future gig. Nothing locked in yet, and I don't know details on what dates they are targeting.

Edge spoke of a 10 week window after this tour ends where they could conceivably finish Songs of Experience, if they had the motivation to do so.

So clearly there is a plan to continue touring into 2016, and it would seem as if their plans are to start the tour around February 2016... which would point towards starting in the southern hemisphere and/or warmer climate.

Starting a tour in the US or Europe in February could present some logistical nightmares.

U2 toured through Europe and the US during January and February on the Unforgettable Fire Tour. There are many artist who tour through January and February in the United States. Sometimes its good for business because there is less competition on the road during that time of the year.

Wow, look who it is. :wave:

Anyway, there have been fairly strong rumours regarding Europe in first half of 2016, and more general rumours about basically everywhere else for any time next year.

I work in the industry that runs and manages professional sports arenas and stadiums. I know for a fact that U2's organization has been talking to Heinz Field (NFL stadium) in Pittsburgh about a future gig. Nothing locked in yet, and I don't know details on what dates they are targeting.

Yep, and they played Heinz Field in 2011. They won't play Heinz Field when they come to Pittsburgh in 2016 as demand for the current tour in the United States is about half of what it was for 360 four years ago. They play one show at the civic arena and add a second show there if there is demand for it. I don't think the band are interested in risking a repeat of Popmart Pittsburgh when only 27,000 people show up for the concert.

At Phoenix 2 I talked to a roadie who worked w/ them on the 360 tour. I was talking to him as they were sending the techs/spotlight guys up.

I was just talking about the production and PA setup with him. He was saying how nice this tour was w/ multiple dates in one city, etc. Said they only have 10 tear down and 10 setups.

Told him with that kind of setup U2 would be crazy not to tour again next year w/ the same setup ( I assumed it'll be stadiums next year).

He then told me there doing arenas in the US starting next May (2016) and stadiums in 2017.

They can easily hit up more California dates, Las Vegas, Seattle, Texas, Florida, Georgia, & the northeast next year w/ this setup.

I'm only here for the rumours :angry:... Jk :hug: I need someone to pressure the crew to tell us so I can save my pennies. Do you know when U2 normally release their next leg of tours?

i remember back in 09 getting to the hotel after the pasadena show and the dates for 2010 had been released.

I have a feeling the US/Euro will see MORE arena dates next year, and not stadiums. The stage setup is too cool for just this year.

U2 toured through Europe and the US during January and February on the Unforgettable Fire Tour. There are many artist who tour through January and February in the United States. Sometimes its good for business because there is less competition on the road during that time of the year.

It clearly can be done, it's just not an ideal situation, and would have to be limited to the lower half of the country.

Demand will be a lot lower in some of the same areas they've already hit up (and demand is definitely a lot lower in general than it was on the last two tours). If they come back to the Bay Area, for example, I'd expect them to just do one night in Oakland. Maybe three nights in Los Angeles instead of five, etc.

Demand will be a lot lower in some of the same areas they've already hit up (and demand is definitely a lot lower in general than it was on the last two tours). If they come back to the Bay Area, for example, I'd expect them to just do one night in Oakland. Maybe three nights in Los Angeles instead of five, etc.

if they are going to play anywhere, it would be 2 nights minimum.

I think they will do some one off shows on the next leg... The staging really isn't overly complicated where they need to do multiple nights in order to make it cost/time effective.

I fully expect MGM to get them to sign on to do a few nights at the new arena that's opening on The Strip next April, providing that they're still in arenas in the states

I think we're going to see something like Leg 3 Vertigo when it comes to the US for IE. The most in a given city they played consecutively was four times I believe, though they did end up going back to MSG for another two shows later.

But yea, they don't need to play twice in Hartford, Minneapolis, St. Louis, Cleveland and other smaller cities.

Or that might skip those areas and play San Diego, Fresno and Sacramento.

I think we're going to see something like Leg 3 Vertigo when it comes to the US for IE. The most in a given city they played consecutively was four times I believe, though they did end up going back to MSG for another two shows later.

But yea, they don't need to play twice in Hartford, Minneapolis, St. Louis, Cleveland and other smaller cities.

Close... They played 5 shows at MSG in October and then the 2 more in November.

Close... They played 5 shows at MSG in October and then the 2 more in November.

You know what's embarrassing? I went to one of the MSG Vertigo shows and totally cannot remember which one I went to. It was in October.

It was the one where he gave a shout-out to Alicia Keys during Still Haven't Found, and I was all happy because I was all "omg, he said "Alicia this is for you" and I'LL FUCKING TAKE IT."

You know what's embarrassing? I went to one of the MSG Vertigo shows and totally cannot remember which one I went to. It was in October.

It was the one where he gave a shout-out to Alicia Keys during Still Haven't Found, and I was all happy because I was all "omg, he said "Alicia this is for you" and I'LL FUCKING TAKE IT."

Haha! The 92 Stockholm show, the guy whose house they're broadcasting to...I share the name of his crazy, screechy girlfriend. So I can relate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom