2016 Rumour Dates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phoenix sold really well and really fast, I'd hope they'd come back to us again next year for a couple of shows. And don't forget Vegas. They could do 4 nights at MGM pretty easily

A new 20,000 seat state of the art arena is being built by MGM in the space behind Monte Carlo and NYNY. It's due to open next year in late April.

I have to imagine that if U2 is touring arenas in the US again next year that they will play the new arena.

Yeah probably 2 nights at the new Vegas arena. I'd say it's a lock. I wanna go!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interferencek

This appeared in my news feed, no idea if it's true or wishful thinking

Wooing back the rock stars - On Your Side | The Star Online

Malaysia Major Events, a subsidiary of Tourism Malaysia, has been quietly working behind the scenes to secure a performance by U2 sometime next year.

are in the process of securing both Janet Jackson and U2 for second and fourth quarter performances in Malaysia in 2016, respectively,” Nagamaiah told me, adding that the agents were more comfortable liaising directly with a government body rather than a promoter as any sort of deal would be binding and less likely to be called off at a later stage.

I think it is wishful thinking, it also says that U2 would charge like 6 million USD to show up

Some cities already have a huge difference in average ticket price. The directly comparable seat in one city will be $300 in one city and $90 in another.

Were those $90 seats offered at the initial on-sale date or we're they lowered to $90 after a couple of weeks if demand was less than anticipated?

It would seem pretty odd and a tad unfair if NYC #2 and San Jose #1 went on sale at the same time and a lower bowl was $300 in NYC and $90 in San Jose.

At least to me.

In Montreal they lowered the rest of the $300 tickets to $100 the week before the gigs. I snagged a prime centre ice, lower level ticket for only $100 I couldn't believe it.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using U2 Interference mobile app

It varied even in the same cities. I got a front row upper 3 days before the show for LA1, for $100. Those exact same seats, stayed at $280 for LA2 - LA5. They didn't need to drop the price on them for the other shows.

Praying. I have never caught a show - still kicking myself over being too poor for the Boston i+e date - and they're on my bucket list.

Were those $90 seats offered at the initial on-sale date or we're they lowered to $90 after a couple of weeks if demand was less than anticipated?

It would seem pretty odd and a tad unfair if NYC #2 and San Jose #1 went on sale at the same time and a lower bowl was $300 in NYC and $90 in San Jose.

At least to me.

I've brought this up many times on the forum over the years and I'm usually ignored.

U2 were very aggressive with IE pricing in LA/Chicago/NYC. Ticket stock that wasn't selling were given new pricing to fill the venue. Controversially, I noticed tickets that didn't sell on stubhub being returned to Ticketmaster in the days before the Vancouver show.

They certainly fell short of expectations in Chicago, and especially LA. Chicago was supposed to have 6, LA 8, both ended up with 5, and Chicago outsold LA. Whoever did the market research was way off!

Also, WTF happened in Denver? Roughly 8,000 less in the same venue than elevation and vertigo, over 2 nights. I thought tickets sold out the first day, and they added a 2nd show that very same day due to "overwhelming demand".

I've brought this up many times on the forum over the years and I'm usually ignored.

U2 were very aggressive with IE pricing in LA/Chicago/NYC. Ticket stock that wasn't selling were given new pricing to fill the venue.
Not uncommon.
Controversially, I noticed tickets that didn't sell on stubhub being returned to Ticketmaster in the days before the Vancouver show.

I seriously doubt this, what would be the point, what makes you think this?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Also, WTF happened in Denver? Roughly 8,000 less in the same venue than elevation and vertigo, over 2 nights. I thought tickets sold out the first day, and they added a 2nd show that very same day due to "overwhelming demand".

Politics :lmao:

I seriously doubt this, what would be the point, what makes you think this?

Lots of tickets were on stubhub for the opening Vancouver show that didn't sell for the silly money they wanted. Throw them back into TM where they get the $300 each and the scalper market will appear to be moving quickly rather than the high end tickets being heavily discounted.

It's not about guestists/production holds, as both Vancouver shows turned away some last minute VIPs.

Lots of tickets were on stubhub for the opening Vancouver show that didn't sell for the silly money they wanted. Throw them back into TM where they get the $300 each and the scalper market will appear to be moving quickly rather than the high end tickets being heavily discounted.

It's not about guestists/production holds, as both Vancouver shows turned away some last minute VIPs.

Another odd and baseless petertheory.

If this was true it would be criminal activity and extremely easy to prove; you'd have millions of dollars in your hand if you knew how to take screenshots.

Yea stubhub and ticketmaster working in concert together to fix ticket prices would be a gigantic story, and I think someone would have noticed.

Sent from my SM-N920T using U2 Interference mobile app

Its already been a story in England, it has been in the news here and there was a big tv documentary on it.

These ticket touting sites actually get an allocation direct to them. They dont go on sale to the public. How they get away with it ill never know.

Its common knowledge here but nothing has been done and i dont think it will either

I'm waiting for the special Kuntzmuseam date for next year.

These ticket touting sites actually get an allocation direct to them. They dont go on sale to the public.

Can you explain further, because this isn't exactly what Peter was talking about.

I'm not sure what you mean by allocating them, but then never going on sale to the public?

I still cannot believe that anyone fell for this.

That's what makes it so great. There's so many clues, not even clues but blatant exclamations of how much bullshit it is...and still people believed it enough to be completely butthurt afterwards. :lol: Frickin' gold.

TicketMaster has its own resale section on its own website.

They would not use StubHub's. Why on earth would they do that? They would lose money by giving StubHub a piece of the pie. Why do that when they could just cut out StubHub -- which is the whole point of TM having a re-sale marketplace... they want to cutout secondary exchanges.

Further, StubHub isn't the only major player in the resale marketplace. It's got the most name recognition, sure, but that pie is being sliced in a lot of different directions right now.

Last edited:
Just seeing this set list makes me feel so bad..... how could they have played this many great songs just once. :sad:

Truly a standout moment in U2 history... Too bad no live footage exists, video or audio.

Another odd and baseless petertheory.

If this was true it would be criminal activity and extremely easy to prove; you'd have millions of dollars in your hand if you knew how to take screenshots.

What exactly is the broken law? Screenshots could easily be "forged".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom