2016 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour Central - 2015 Archive > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2015, 12:01 PM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 02:14 PM

Sorry, if this post doesnt belong here, but I was wondering... is there any news or something that says if the tour will continue through 2016. I wonder if Miami is a likely city for the band to play. It was odd that they didnt add it to this first American leg. I am very interested in this, can anyone help me? Of course, maybe they havent said anything about it yet. BUt, do you think they will miss this city in the tour?

lharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 12:03 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

There's a rumor for Southamerica February-March 2016

pepokiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 12:32 PM   #3
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharper View Post
Sorry, if this post doesnt belong here, but I was wondering... is there any news or something that says if the tour will continue through 2016. I wonder if Miami is a likely city for the band to play. It was odd that they didnt add it to this first American leg. I am very interested in this, can anyone help me? Of course, maybe they havent said anything about it yet. BUt, do you think they will miss this city in the tour?
I recall that a while back there was talk about a possible stadium tour in 2016 - although based on sluggish ticket sales here for the US arena tour, that may now appear presumptuous. Of course, the yet-to-come reviews of the arena show AND the potential release of SoE could impact their plans.
hibricc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 12:45 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Since they are hanging the speakers from the ceilings in the arenas, will the stadium tour be domed and retractable roof (meow) stadiums only?
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 12:55 PM   #5
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Since they are hanging the speakers from the ceilings in the arenas, will the stadium tour be domed and retractable roof (meow) stadiums only?
Maybe by then they'll have Joe O'Herlihy's smartphone concert audio app ready, per this video. (scroll to 4:10)
hibricc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 04:08 PM   #6
The Fly

Local Time: 10:14 PM
I hope they would carry on touring next year. In my opinion 360 really got better in all respects with time spent on the road.
malchik_petya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 05:10 PM   #7
War Child

Local Time: 06:14 PM
Mario Batali (is his name correct?) said on twitter that the U2 Tour will be in 2015-2016 , in every place of the world, or something like that.

Rumor here in South America, are the same as always: between feb-april 2016
Aleh_Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 05:48 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Lol. Meow indeed.

I can't imagine that would be the case, though. If they were to come back to the US with stadiums, they'd have to skip out on the entire Northeast. They'd also have to hit up what, Miller Park? instead of Soldier Field, or the Edward Jones Dome.

Then in California, there's no real options.
popacrobat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:38 PM   #9
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharper View Post
No way in hell they will not visit Miami. Miami is one of U2's biggest markets in the United States. What has been scheduled so far is an Appetizer. The main course won't be served until 2016.
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:42 PM   #10
Acrobat

Quote:
I imagine they will build something that would hold everything up like the Claw did for 360. I have a feeling though they will be remaining indoors for the rest of the tour. Indoor arenas offer a lot of scheduling flexibility without having to worry about the weather. Also demand seems to have declined since 360 so Arenas are a better fit for many markets.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:44 PM   #11
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 04:14 AM
Adam himself in a radio interview indicated South America would be visited in early 2016.

If there's a stadium tour I imagine it would be a different stage setup entirely, like on the Vertigo Tour. And, also like on Vertigo, they could do another arena leg of the US while playing stadiums in the rest of the world.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 09:42 PM   #12
The Fly

I'm hoping we get shows in S Florida next year. Just by chance that I'm in NYC while they are there. I so hope the next U.S. Leg is not in stadiums.
danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 11:31 PM   #13
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: My mind, heart, and SOUL all belong to my Adam."Your heart is on my sleeve. Did you put it there with a magic marker?"
Local Time: 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Adam himself in a radio interview indicated South America would be visited in early 2016.

If there's a stadium tour I imagine it would be a different stage setup entirely, like on the Vertigo Tour. And, also like on Vertigo, they could do another arena leg of the US while playing stadiums in the rest of the world.
Thinking S America, Aussie, etc in Feb-April 2016, then an outdoor summer run for the US and Europe again where they hit more markets and only do 1-2 night per city instead of the mini residencies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app
ClaytonsKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:50 AM   #14
Acrobat

Local Time: 07:14 PM
Still not so sure about this stadium rumour in the US and Canada. My guess is early next year they'll take the 'thing' they plan to do later this month down to the Southern Hemisphere, (SA, Chile, Arg, Brazil, Aus and NZ) perhaps slightly reworked for outdoors given their past history in Sth America and that's yer lot. I don't see this phase being some 2.5yr plus trek like ZOO TV, Vertigo and 360 were and like I said, I very much doubt there will be any big stadium gigs in 2016 in US/Can because of the sluggish sales for the indoor gigs and that this 2015 run is it, alas.

More Europe? probably, we assume the gig is designed for an open air 'switcheroo' at some point ala Vertigo and ZOO TV. Dublin? look.. if they do the Hydro they can do the 3arena or the new Leeds one, and... come on, it's your home town ffs, just play and be done, really.. the song and dance of 'ooh will they won't they' gets woeful.
patternshirt170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 01:13 PM   #15
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by patternshirt170 View Post
Still not so sure about this stadium rumour in the US and Canada. My guess is early next year they'll take the 'thing' they plan to do later this month down to the Southern Hemisphere, (SA, Chile, Arg, Brazil, Aus and NZ) perhaps slightly reworked for outdoors given their past history in Sth America and that's yer lot. I don't see this phase being some 2.5yr plus trek like ZOO TV, Vertigo and 360 were and like I said, I very much doubt there will be any big stadium gigs in 2016 in US/Can because of the sluggish sales for the indoor gigs and that this 2015 run is it, alas.

More Europe? probably, we assume the gig is designed for an open air 'switcheroo' at some point ala Vertigo and ZOO TV. Dublin? look.. if they do the Hydro they can do the 3arena or the new Leeds one, and... come on, it's your home town ffs, just play and be done, really.. the song and dance of 'ooh will they won't they' gets woeful.
Actually I see them being on the road well into 2017. The Experience album probably won't be out until the end of 2016, and they will want to promote that with shows as well. Keeping the show indoors will make doing a longer tour easier as there is far more flexibility in terms of dates and the cost of production are much less.