The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lharper

War Child
Sorry, if this post doesnt belong here, but I was wondering... is there any news or something that says if the tour will continue through 2016. I wonder if Miami is a likely city for the band to play. It was odd that they didnt add it to this first American leg. I am very interested in this, can anyone help me? Of course, maybe they havent said anything about it yet. BUt, do you think they will miss this city in the tour?

Sorry, if this post doesnt belong here, but I was wondering... is there any news or something that says if the tour will continue through 2016. I wonder if Miami is a likely city for the band to play. It was odd that they didnt add it to this first American leg. I am very interested in this, can anyone help me? Of course, maybe they havent said anything about it yet. BUt, do you think they will miss this city in the tour?

I recall that a while back there was talk about a possible stadium tour in 2016 - although based on sluggish ticket sales here for the US arena tour, that may now appear presumptuous. Of course, the yet-to-come reviews of the arena show AND the potential release of SoE could impact their plans.

Since they are hanging the speakers from the ceilings in the arenas, will the stadium tour be domed and retractable roof (meow) stadiums only?

Since they are hanging the speakers from the ceilings in the arenas, will the stadium tour be domed and retractable roof (meow) stadiums only?

Maybe by then they'll have Joe O'Herlihy's smartphone concert audio app ready, per this video. (scroll to 4:10)

Mario Batali (is his name correct?) said on twitter that the U2 Tour will be in 2015-2016 , in every place of the world, or something like that.

Rumor here in South America, are the same as always: between feb-april 2016

Lol. Meow indeed.

I can't imagine that would be the case, though. If they were to come back to the US with stadiums, they'd have to skip out on the entire Northeast. They'd also have to hit up what, Miller Park? instead of Soldier Field, or the Edward Jones Dome.

Then in California, there's no real options.

No way in hell they will not visit Miami. Miami is one of U2's biggest markets in the United States. What has been scheduled so far is an Appetizer. The main course won't be served until 2016.

I imagine they will build something that would hold everything up like the Claw did for 360. I have a feeling though they will be remaining indoors for the rest of the tour. Indoor arenas offer a lot of scheduling flexibility without having to worry about the weather. Also demand seems to have declined since 360 so Arenas are a better fit for many markets.

Adam himself in a radio interview indicated South America would be visited in early 2016.

If there's a stadium tour I imagine it would be a different stage setup entirely, like on the Vertigo Tour. And, also like on Vertigo, they could do another arena leg of the US while playing stadiums in the rest of the world.

I'm hoping we get shows in S Florida next year. Just by chance that I'm in NYC while they are there. I so hope the next U.S. Leg is not in stadiums.

Adam himself in a radio interview indicated South America would be visited in early 2016.

If there's a stadium tour I imagine it would be a different stage setup entirely, like on the Vertigo Tour. And, also like on Vertigo, they could do another arena leg of the US while playing stadiums in the rest of the world.

Thinking S America, Aussie, etc in Feb-April 2016, then an outdoor summer run for the US and Europe again where they hit more markets and only do 1-2 night per city instead of the mini residencies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Still not so sure about this stadium rumour in the US and Canada. My guess is early next year they'll take the 'thing' they plan to do later this month down to the Southern Hemisphere, (SA, Chile, Arg, Brazil, Aus and NZ) perhaps slightly reworked for outdoors given their past history in Sth America and that's yer lot. I don't see this phase being some 2.5yr plus trek like ZOO TV, Vertigo and 360 were and like I said, I very much doubt there will be any big stadium gigs in 2016 in US/Can because of the sluggish sales for the indoor gigs and that this 2015 run is it, alas.

More Europe? probably, we assume the gig is designed for an open air 'switcheroo' at some point ala Vertigo and ZOO TV. Dublin? look.. if they do the Hydro they can do the 3arena or the new Leeds one, and... come on, it's your home town ffs, just play and be done, really.. the song and dance of 'ooh will they won't they' gets woeful.

Still not so sure about this stadium rumour in the US and Canada. My guess is early next year they'll take the 'thing' they plan to do later this month down to the Southern Hemisphere, (SA, Chile, Arg, Brazil, Aus and NZ) perhaps slightly reworked for outdoors given their past history in Sth America and that's yer lot. I don't see this phase being some 2.5yr plus trek like ZOO TV, Vertigo and 360 were and like I said, I very much doubt there will be any big stadium gigs in 2016 in US/Can because of the sluggish sales for the indoor gigs and that this 2015 run is it, alas.

More Europe? probably, we assume the gig is designed for an open air 'switcheroo' at some point ala Vertigo and ZOO TV. Dublin? look.. if they do the Hydro they can do the 3arena or the new Leeds one, and... come on, it's your home town ffs, just play and be done, really.. the song and dance of 'ooh will they won't they' gets woeful.

Actually I see them being on the road well into 2017. The Experience album probably won't be out until the end of 2016, and they will want to promote that with shows as well. Keeping the show indoors will make doing a longer tour easier as there is far more flexibility in terms of dates and the cost of production are much less.

Here's what I think we could see in 2016, possibly into 2017. This is based on the logical prediction that U2 will do arenas in North America and stadiums in South America, Europe and Australia/NZ. Obviously not all these will happen, but they could happen, as in U2 could probably sell out all these shows.

North America arena:
NYC x 2 (an arena that isn't MSG, like Prudential Center or Barclays Center)
Philadelphia x 2
Washington DC x 2
Atlanta x 2
Miami x 2
Hartford (possibly x2 if no Boston gigs)
Tampa
Nashville
Cleveland
Pittsburgh
Buffalo
Detroit
Columbus/Cincinnati/Louisville/Indianapolis (only 1 show somewhere in this general area. I really hope this happens, as I live not far from all these cities)
Milwaukee
Minneapolis
St. Louis
Kansas City or Omaha
Dallas x2
Houston
Oklahoma City or Tulsa
Las Vegas x 2
San Diego
Los Angeles x2 (different arena, Staples Center or Honda Center)
Oakland
Sacramento
Salt Lake City
Portland
Seattle
Edmonton or Calgary x 2
Winnipeg
Toronto x 2

That's 40 possible shows in US/Canada arenas. Obviously not all of those will happen, but a 30-40 arena show NA leg is very doable.

Europe stadiums:
Lisbon
Madrid
One other Spanish city (Bilbao, San Sebastian, Seville)
Paris x 2
South of France (Lyon, Nice, Marseille)
Milan
Rome
One other Italian city (Florence, Padova, or maybe just a 2nd show in Milan)
Vienna
Zurich
Munich
Frankfurt
Hamburg
Copenhagen
Oslo
Helsinki
Poland
Athens
Former Yugoslavia area show (Sarajevo, Zagreb, Belgrade)
Budapest
Rotterdam x 2
Dublin x 2-3
U.K. - 4-5 shows (Manchester, Birmingham, Cardiff, Newcastle, London)
That's over 30 shows right there, which seems about right.

Latin America:
Mexico- 3
Brazil- 3-4
Argentina- 2-3
Chile- 1
Peru- 1
Columbia-1
Uruguay- 1

Australia:
Perth x 2
Sydney x2
Melbourne x2
Brisbane
Adelaide
Auckland x2

Asia arenas:
Tokyo- Possibly a series of 3-4 arena show
China- Beijing, Shanghai, Macau/Hong Kong
Singapore
Thailand
Manila
Dubai

We have roughly 100 shows here that COULD be done, but obviously they all won't. I can see this going into 2017 for sure, there's just not enough time in 2016. If they were younger they could do it in a year, but I don't think they will.

To be fair am pretty sure the floor space of the hydro is pretty much regular arena size

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Here's what I think we could see in 2016, possibly into 2017. This is based on the logical prediction that U2 will do arenas in North America and stadiums in South America, Europe and Australia/NZ. Obviously not all these will happen, but they could happen, as in U2 could probably sell out all these shows.

North America arena:
NYC x 2 (an arena that isn't MSG, like Prudential Center or Barclays Center)
Philadelphia x 2
Washington DC x 2
Atlanta x 2
Miami x 2
Hartford (possibly x2 if no Boston gigs)
Tampa
Nashville
Cleveland
Pittsburgh
Buffalo
Detroit
Columbus/Cincinnati/Louisville/Indianapolis (only 1 show somewhere in this general area. I really hope this happens, as I live not far from all these cities)
Milwaukee
Minneapolis
St. Louis
Kansas City or Omaha
Dallas x2
Houston
Oklahoma City or Tulsa
Las Vegas x 2
San Diego
Los Angeles x2 (different arena, Staples Center or Honda Center)
Oakland
Sacramento
Salt Lake City
Portland
Seattle
Edmonton or Calgary x 2
Winnipeg
Toronto x 2

That's 40 possible shows in US/Canada arenas. Obviously not all of those will happen, but a 30-40 arena show NA leg is very doable.

Europe stadiums:
Lisbon
Madrid
One other Spanish city (Bilbao, San Sebastian, Seville)
Paris x 2
South of France (Lyon, Nice, Marseille)
Milan
Rome
One other Italian city (Florence, Padova, or maybe just a 2nd show in Milan)
Vienna
Zurich
Munich
Frankfurt
Hamburg
Copenhagen
Oslo
Helsinki
Poland
Athens
Former Yugoslavia area show (Sarajevo, Zagreb, Belgrade)
Budapest
Rotterdam x 2
Dublin x 2-3
U.K. - 4-5 shows (Manchester, Birmingham, Cardiff, Newcastle, London)
That's over 30 shows right there, which seems about right.

Latin America:
Mexico- 3
Brazil- 3-4
Argentina- 2-3
Chile- 1
Peru- 1
Columbia-1
Uruguay- 1

Australia:
Perth x 2
Sydney x2
Melbourne x2
Brisbane
Adelaide
Auckland x2

Asia arenas:
Tokyo- Possibly a series of 3-4 arena show
China- Beijing, Shanghai, Macau/Hong Kong
Singapore
Thailand
Manila
Dubai

We have roughly 100 shows here that COULD be done, but obviously they all won't. I can see this going into 2017 for sure, there's just not enough time in 2016. If they were younger they could do it in a year, but I don't think they will.

I like that list. Lets hope it happens! Its hard to believe they are only visiting 7 cities in the United States for 2015.

Maybe this time they'll leave NA until after Europe. To let the demand in NA build up a little bit more, & have some time to work out if it's stadiums or arenas for there :hmm:

So maybe Oz/NZ - Asia (if it happens) - Lat.A - Europe - NA.

I'd rather Oz after Lat.A. As I can't make it back to Oz until around March. Would it be cheaper to freight everything from Europe to Lat.A instead of to Oz, to keep going in a circle around the globe?

So maybe Lat. A - Oz/NZ - Asia - Europe - NA. Here's hoping.

Breaking news here in Portugal. The press is going crazy with sudden news of concerts in Lisbon in 2016.

U2 regressam a Portugal em 2016 - BLITZ

Os U2 v�o iniciar digress�o que pode passar por Portugal em 2016 - P�BLICO

U2 regressam a Portugal em 2016 | Expresso.pt

This is all non confirmed but we should give it at least traces of credibility since they are based on a statement of the local promoter that has promoted all u2 concerts in Portugal since ZOOTV (In Portugal he shall be the guy more close to the band).

Here's the most relevant quotes listed in my personal decrescent order of credibility.

1 - U2 will play more than 2 concerts in Lisbon in July 2016
2 - Tour starts in May 2016 in Paris
3 - The tour will be indoors (if true, it will be the 1st time that U2 will play indoors in Portugal)
4 - The tour will be called Volcano Tour
5 - The stage will be volcano shaped.

If true, 3 to 5 are surprising (at least for me).
Whatever will be, I'll be there.

4 - The tour will be called Volacano Tour
5 - The stage will be volcano shaped.

This is sending my bullshit detector crazy. It's a hoax rumour from before I+E was announced.

But the rest seems plausible and the source is decent.

This is sending my bullshit detector crazy. It's a hoax rumour from before I+E was announced.

But the rest seems plausible and the source is decent.

Probably you're right. Although the news are based on a statement of the referred promoter I didn't find any specific quote of the guy, therefore it's hard to realize what may be true and what may be bullshit from the journalists. However all of them are aware of the i+e tour, since all the articles refer that it's about to start, so I guess they would realize that Volcano Tour 2016 is not plausible... even though they mention it.

Probably you're right. Although the news are based on a statement of the referred promoter I didn't find any specific quote of the itself, therefore it's hard to realize what may be true and what may be bullshit from the journalists. However all of them are aware of the i+e tour, since all the articles refer that it's about to start, so I guess they would realize that Volcano Tour 2016 is not plausble... even though they mention it.

Yeah it's weird. It seems to me the stuff straight from the promoter about May-July 2016 and 2+ shows in Lisbon can be taken seriously, and the rest is an old rumour reprinted for reasons only known to the author.

Apart from shifts from arena to stadium, U2 have never radically changed their stage mid-tour.

Yeah it's weird. It seems to me the stuff straight from the promoter about May-July 2016 and 2+ shows in Lisbon can be taken seriously, and the rest is an old rumour reprinted for reasons only known to the author.

Apart from shifts from arena to stadium, U2 have never radically changed their stage mid-tour.

Yes... but to add more confusion, these news mention specifically that the 2016 shows will remain in arenas (indicating a specific venue for the concerts in Lisbon), not stadiums as I guess that everyone was expecting.

I believe clarifications will come in the next days.

Yes... but to add more confusion, these news mention specifically that the 2016 shows will remain in arenas (indicating a specific venue for the concerts in Lisbon), not stadiums as I guess that everyone was expecting.

I believe clarifications will come in the next days.

I suppose it's possible that the somewhat weaker ticket sales have made them more cautious and they now will stay in arenas - but that's surely unnecessary in Europe. On Vertigo they were willing to go to the expense of creating a new stage for outdoor shows in Europe/Latin America/Australasia, so I don't see why they wouldn't this time even if they think they have to stick to arenas in the US and Canada.

I suppose it's possible that the somewhat weaker ticket sales have made them more cautious and they now will stay in arenas - but that's surely unnecessary in Europe. On Vertigo they were willing to go to the expense of creating a new stage for outdoor shows in Europe/Latin America/Australasia, so I don't see why they wouldn't this time even if they think they have to stick to arenas in the US and Canada.

They stayed indoors for Europe on Elevation so its always possible they made decide to do it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom