2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread VIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi everyone,

Seeing if anyone could point me via youtube what they think the best multi cam/sounding show is from the IE tour.

Thoughts & prayers for Paris

Sounds like the special was going to be missing second rotational spot, intermission and e stage rotational spot? Wow pretty lame

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Not necessarily... It only sounds like the edited version was missing that... perhaps because they knew it had to be shorter if they were forced to go to it.

The interview with Hamish said there would be no editing when they uploaded Saturday's show.

I so wonder how the intermission would play on TV though... it's something that's sorta built for the live setting.

Last edited:
sounds like the special was going to be missing second rotational spot, intermission and e stage rotational spot? Wow pretty lame

sent from my iphone using u2 interference

fuh

kin

hell

DUDE

Not necessarily... It only sounds like the edited version was missing that... perhaps because they knew it had to be shorter if they were forced to go to it.

The interview with Hamish said there would be no editing when they uploaded Saturday's show.

I so wonder how the intermission would play on TV though... it's something that's sorta built for the live setting.

Fair point didn't think of it that way, my bad

Catch it while it's up. One from Wednesday, HBO pro-shot and audio.

Just watched. Beautifully shot and edited. And I like One here, only does the sing along for the first verse and a bit of the second, and I think it works.

Really wonder how all of this is going to shake out in the next few days.

Last edited:
Think he's also known as Nitehawk. Security handled him pretty well too, got him off without roughing him up much. Perhaps Bono recognized him from a meet and greet outside the venue or hotel.

Catch it while it's up. One from Wednesday, HBO pro-shot and audio.

Just watched. Beautifully shot and edited. And I like One here, only does the sing along for the first verse and a bit of the second, and I think it works.

Really wonder how all of this is going to shake out in the next few days.

The entire pro shot is on u2torrents.

Really love the Invisible snippet at the end, and damn the GA is absolutely jam packed.

any audio rips yet?

Not sure, been keeping an eye on U2Start's thread on it.

I'm really surprised that video hasn't been taken down by HBO yet. I want others to pop up... primarily EBRTT and Invisible. Really want to see if we get shots of the band inside the screen.

I downloaded it earlier and for EBTTRT, they showed one or two side views of the band (primarily Larry) standing inside. Otherwise, it was just tight shots on the members from the outside or shots of the whole screen. Nothing from actually inside the screen, unless I missed it during Invisible or when they were walking off to the 'e' stage.

I downloaded it earlier and for EBTTRT, they showed one or two side views of the band (primarily Larry) standing inside. Otherwise, it was just tight shots on the members from the outside or shots of the whole screen. Nothing from actually inside the screen, unless I missed it during Invisible or when they were walking off to the 'e' stage.

Got it, alright. I think EBRTT is my favorite "screen" song, reminds me of Pop and is just such a cool moment in the concert.

Overall, how was it?

Not sure, been keeping an eye on U2Start's thread on it.

I'm really surprised that video hasn't been taken down by HBO yet. I want others to pop up... primarily EBRTT and Invisible. Really want to see if we get shots of the band inside the screen.

Can confirm trevgreg's account - there are shots of them inside the screen, I mean not with the camera inside but pretty tight, although the camera did catch a nice side shot of Larry on the inside. :)

It's on YouTube too. I'm just glad that it doesn't have as much crazy camera switches like the vertigo Chicago one.

Yeah, I said in my FB status review that Hamish seems to have gotten his ADD directing under control.

Best view I have had of the entire show this tour, lol. Bono's voice was not the best, but it was interesting to hear Edge loud and clear carrying him during Pride, and there is an annoying playback glitch mid-Iris to early Cedarwood Road, but otherwise a great program!

Back
Top Bottom