2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread VIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One thing I noticed watching these videos is that I think he is wearing kneepads, better to pop on down and do those backbends (although he didn't do it in this video). :D

Now you say it, it does seem like so yes :). That, or he has big knees haha.

Another thing, the audience needs to be so much louder in the official release. On certain songs in Amsterdam at least, the crowd singing made it 100000 times better as an experience.

sbLkdGrqQjre8.gif

Edge seems very jumpy :) I love it!

he's like zebedee from The Magic Roundabout! :lol:

This tour is one of their best, why?
For the first time since ZooTV there is a red line through almost the whole show; politics. It was a lot of politics on for exampel Vetigo tour, but often through speech by Bono. This time they let the songs speak instead.

Sure in the middle there is a break from the politics, the band moves to the b-stage and become a folkband. And thats also a reason why like this tour, while there is a very serious political message there are also alot of joy and happines both from the members and the crowd. The band feels very comfident. But then the politics comes back after a few "happy" songs.
The band havent be so comfident also with the news songs since ZooTV, 360 tour went to be more of a greatest hits tour. This tour really is a "latest album tour".

Also the old staple songs that have been booring last tours have come to new life, WOWY, Streets, Pride.

I realy hope they bring this confident feeling to the next album, proud of the new songs and let them be what they are and try not hunt the number 1 spot on the toplist with it.

:up:

my teenage daughter was really impressed re. the political aspect - first thing she said after the show!

my teenage daughter was really impressed re. the political aspect - first thing she said after the show!

I think Bullet also deserves a big BIG mention in this one. Like people are saying on this forum. The songs reborn. I went to several shows and I remember standing back for 2 shows, hanging around the redzone's VIP areas, and back end of the crowd,
I was fucking proud to hear, the ahem... " casuals" behind me, and I qoute :

"Holy shit this is fucking badass" - "Never heard something like this before"
and - "I got goosebumps all over"
They still have it.

Agree with Bullet's amazing-ness this tour. I can't get over how good the new lyrics are.

U2Achtung (French fansite) is reporting that the Paris shows will be rescheduled for December 6th and 7th, with an official announcement expected on Monday.

[TWEET]667717119820308481[/TWEET]

Thanks for posting :up:

Someone mentioned Edge's effects also - I also noticed a pretty bad-ass run from approx. 3:48 - 4:01, has he been playing that all tour? If so, I must have missed that at the shows I went to.

This tour is one of their best, why?
For the first time since ZooTV there is a red line through almost the whole show; politics. It was a lot of politics on for exampel Vetigo tour, but often through speech by Bono. This time they let the songs speak instead.

Sure in the middle there is a break from the politics, the band moves to the b-stage and become a folkband. And thats also a reason why like this tour, while there is a very serious political message there are also alot of joy and happines both from the members and the crowd. The band feels very comfident. But then the politics comes back after a few "happy" songs.
The band havent be so comfident also with the news songs since ZooTV, 360 tour went to be more of a greatest hits tour. This tour really is a "latest album tour".

Also the old staple songs that have been booring last tours have come to new life, WOWY, Streets, Pride.

I realy hope they bring this confident feeling to the next album, proud of the new songs and let them be what they are and try not hunt the number 1 spot on the toplist with it.

Even if the rescheduled shows aren't broadcasted live, they will at least be recorded and broadcast whenever it can fit into HBO's schedule. Happy that these people got their shows rescheduled! (Pending the Monday announcement)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interferencek

Lots of Twitter rumours today about the Paris shows and that apparently they're taking time off touring until the fall. :( Though I suppose it would make sense with the SOE in Sept rumours and then tour with the new songs rather than continue touring the same markets with the same show. Hmm

Hopefully they'll announce tour news on Monday too.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Lots of Twitter rumours today about the Paris shows and that apparently they're taking time off touring until the fall.

I would be amazed if Live Nation is not pushing hard for the band to be on the road in European stadiums during the summer. If not, they have an underperforming asset on their hands, and shareholders have every right to be pissed.

I would be amazed if Live Nation is not pushing hard for the band to be on the road in European stadiums during the summer. If not, they have an underperforming asset on their hands, and shareholders have every right to be pissed.

Wait, what? lol

We don't know anything for sure at this point, I guess. What we do know is that U2 barely scratched the surface as far as meeting the demand in Europe this year, and will need to get back there sometime soon. It will be interesting to see if they come back to Europe in stadiums in 2017. If so, they could only do shows in May-October, because of weather. I know this is an arena tour, but they have the best people in the business working for them, and I'm sure they could design a good stadium stage.

Livenation, and their shareholders, will be fine.

You'd have thought they'd want to keep the momentum going off the back of this tour if they next album is nearly finished. Break for Christmas, finish the album, release and tour.

Will be interesting to see if they go for arenas or stadiums next - I get the impression they've enjoyed the way this tour has gone and might want to repeat the format albeit with new songs and visuals.

I hope the supposed 2016 tour delay to finish SOE is just a cunning rouse on U2's part. Because the alternative is probably more over cooked attempts at radio hits to be included on SOE.

Holy crow that was good.

Anyone who moans about war horses should watch that. Sterling example of making an old song relevant again. I was done with it after Vertigo; totally reborn here.

So... weren't those rescheduled Paris dates supposed to be announced today? There were some that seemed so sure of it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using U2 Interference mobile app

Just announced on U2.com for Sunday and Monday Dec 6 and 7. The HBO show is Monday.

U2 > News > "Our Best For Paris"

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

AND HBO BROADCAST TOO!!!!!! :hyper::hyper::D:D:heart::heart::up::up:

Back
Top Bottom