2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Australia have arenas similar to the US and Europe?

No, it's all desert and dust here.

The first house with a roof was built last month. I'm just hoping to get some walls by Christmas.

Bruce down the street says he's got electricity but I don't believe him.

Haha. I'm sure they do in Oz. Just wasn't sure if they were big into any indoor sports that would justify building 18000 plus arenas. It's a matter of Size

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The first house with a roof was built last month. I'm just hoping to get some walls by Christmas.

You're full of shit. You're nowhere near Australia since you're on the Internet.

Does anyone have a speculation of a possible third leg of this tour? :D

Latest rumors I'd heard (on here probably) was a South American tour next Feb/Mar, then a summer return to the US to play arenas in areas they skipped on Leg1, like DC, Texas, Florida, etc. At one point long ago (before the tour launched), I believe one of the band members (Edge?) may have mentioned that the tour would go outdoors after the eventual release of SOE - but of course, that all could have changed, because, well, U2.

I was really hoping my muscle relaxers and painkillers would kick in soon so i could write something hopefully funny about 3rd legs and Australia. Clearly that's all been done and so its better to just sit back and watch while im able to comprehend what it is that im reading :)

You're full of shit. You're nowhere near Australia since you're on the Internet.

:lol:

Haha. I'm sure they do in Oz. Just wasn't sure if they were big into any indoor sports that would justify building 18000 plus arenas. It's a matter of Size

They're more "entertainment centres", in that yes they're used for basketball and netball (or in the case of Rod Laver Arena, it's centre court for the Australian Open tennis) but their primary purpose is for tours, expos, and functions.

The main venues U2 would be likely to play in Australia and New Zealand, with rough capacity:

Sydney - Allphones Arena, 21,000 (there's also the Entertainment Centre that was used on Lovetown but it's 13,000)
Melbourne - Rod Laver Arena, 16,000 (there's also Hisense Arena but it's 11,000)
Perth - Perth Arena, 15,000
Brisbane - Brisbane Entertainment Centre, 13,500
Adelaide - Adelaide Entertainment Centre, 12,000
Auckland - Vector Arena, 12,000

Nowhere else has a capacity above 10,000, though in New Zealand they could play the covered 36,000-capacity Forsyth Barr Stadium in Dunedin as if it were an arena - like they did in a few European cities on Elevation.

OK....what the F is "netball"?

Gain the attention of a dropbear, roll up into a ball and hurtle towards a carefully placed net. Divert at the last second and if the dropbear lands in the net, you get a point.

This is pretty much where my seats will be for Toronto on Monday night. However, I'm bummed that I won't be able to see the long "magic screen". Seeing your photo made me feel a bit better, because I guess they don't have it up for the entire show.

Gain the attention of a dropbear, roll up into a ball and hurtle towards a carefully placed net. Divert at the last second and if the dropbear lands in the net, you get a point.

What the fuck is a dropbear?

The fuck is electricity, cobber?

Does anyone know how Larry´s bass drum works on e stage? He is kicking it with his foot but the bass drum isn´t there. How does it work?

Does anyone know how Larry´s bass drum works on e stage? He is kicking it with his foot but the bass drum isn´t there. How does it work?

It's a cocktail kit, the pedal is hitting the bottom of a floor tom.

Wonder where Adam gets those tshirts? I want some. Guns of Brixton, Buzzcocks, Joy Division, Adam and the Ants. Awesome!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom