2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My first show was Zoo TV outside broadcast in Foxboro Stadium. I was 15. I lost my freaking mind. I cried during WOWY. And AIWIY. My friend and I were on the big screen after talking in that random booth (does anyone remember that booth?) I basically fainted. My dad waited in the parking lot and had to listen his annoying teenage daughter go on and on and on about the show for 1.5 hours on the drive home. Although come to think of it, he picked me up after Friday's show and had to listen to me drone on and on. Not much has changed in 23 years. Give that man a medal.:applaud:

And I was at this show!! :wave:

In another post you had mentioned Bos1 as being a great show... it was astounding!!! Definitely in my Top 6.

My first was War Tour in New Haven CT, my sister dragged me to this show cuz non of her friends wanted to go.... 40 shows later....

I was at this Show!! :wave:

Hey, I remember seeing you there! :wink:

Seriously, somewhere I have a cassette tape of "40" from that show. A friend of mine snuck in a Walkman(!), and thought she was recording the whole show - only to discover during the encore that its batteries were dead, and she had recorded absolutely nothing. After a mad swap of batteries with her smuggled camera, she got a pristine recording of the closer. If only...

My first was War Tour in New Haven CT, my sister dragged me to this show cuz non of her friends wanted to go.... 40 shows later....

Sweeeet. I envy anyone who got to see them in the early days, before they were a HUGE band.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I think one of you bumped into me and the other stepped on my foot on the walk out to the parking lot after the show.

Oh hey, sorry about that. YBORCITY stopped short to look at t-shirts, and I had to bob and weave. Hope you've recovered.

My first show was December 4th,2005. I scanned in to the ellipse and was 2nd row from Bono's mic to start the show. Wound up on the rail. I got Bad and an impromptu mangled Fast Cars. And Bono sang a line from UTEOTW to me. I was spoiled rotten for my first show. :heart:

And I was at this show!! :wave:

In another post you had mentioned Bos1 as being a great show... it was astounding!!! Definitely in my Top 6.
Astounding is a good word for it. It was top 3 for me. Larry's 40th birthday in Providence was my favorite because it was like a big party. Bos2 on Elevation next because we were right in front during Bad when Bono was reaching for the flower (it's on the DVD). It's my favorite song, he was so close...I burst into tears and sobbed liked those girls back in the day with the Beatles or Elvis!

My first show was December 4th,2005. I scanned in to the ellipse and was 2nd row from Bono's mic to start the show. Wound up on the rail. I got Bad and an impromptu mangled Fast Cars. And Bono sang a line from UTEOTW to me. I was spoiled rotten for my first show. :heart:

My birthday show. I like to think they busted out Fast Cars as a present for me. :wink:

My birthday show. I like to think they busted out Fast Cars as a present for me. :wink:

I was at that 12/4/05 show, too! We sat in the Loge behind the stage, so we could see the band hadn't left the underworld after wrapping the second encore with Bad. (They routinely did two encore sets on that tour.) Lots of fans were already out on the concourse when the band returned for All Because of You and Fast Cars.

I am experiencing post-show depression...went to four shows, now want more! I was hoping Dublin details would be at least concrete by now. Doing everything in my power to NOT buy a ticket to Boston or NYC and fuck off of work for a road trip....

I am in the same post show depression. I decided to head off to London in the fall since no news of Dublin yet. Go to NYC...life is short!

So was anyone sitting in Section 111? Rear Stage.

That's where my seats are...curious how they'll look!

I sat there Saturday - actually was not too bad at all, kind of a sideways view of the screen, but you can see it a bit, plus there is an overhead screen for faces and the wide screen view.

Cool, thanks! I'm closer to section 112 than 110 in the center also which might make it a bit better as well.

I'm in 220, I'm a little worried I won't be able to see much of the screen

Ah yeah I meant closer to 110 than 112 for me. Good to know you can still see some of the screen. Or a screen.

Will the dirty day campaign be in Manhattan?

I've given up on that dream, and all of my dreams. If an internet petition campaign doesn't work, what hope do we have for any success in our lives?

I was holding on to something so tight, that I had already lost it.

But I will be at the show on Sunday.

It's damn near impossible to find anyone that sells Stockholm 3 for any reasonable price. All other shows are easy to find tickets for, for the ones i already have obviously. The cheapest and worst seats costs the same as GA as well... weird as shit.

I was in section 111, 3rd row, seats 1 and 2. Best seats i ever had. the corner of the stage was about 10 feet from us and the band was about 25 feet away....amazing experience. we could see the screen totally fine. There were some vertical cables hanging in front of us, perhaps a foot wide, but if you moved your head a fraction of an inch, you didn't miss a thing.

Seats in 111 were a fantastic deal for sure. Saw the screen just fine, band nice and close.

Word of wisdom for everyone: Don't bother buying the drawstring bag. It's kind of cheap feeling and smaller than I thought. It was enticing at $15 and looks fine behind the glass...but better off getting something else and using the plastic bag they give you to carry things around in! Although I guess it could become a cool rare gift in a few years people might pay more for on eBay. Guess I could use it to carry some small things though.

As much as I love this tour, the fact that they haven't played the best song on SOI (Reach Me) at all, and only played its second best song (California) a handful of times, makes me want to bang my head against a fucking wall. :banghead: Especially when both of these have the potential to be absolutely amazing live (if played properly). :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom