2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cut that shit out, you paper-dolling motherfucker.

htyt5h9xxf4f7crhofip_zpss6e0su3n.gif

Instead of being musical guests for 5 nights, they're getting the entire HOUR on the 8th. I kinda prefer that, tbh. No having to sit through a bunch of other people while waiting for U2 to come on. :reject:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Good point.

Instead of being musical guests for 5 nights, they're getting the entire HOUR on the 8th. I kinda prefer that, tbh. No having to sit through a bunch of other people while waiting for U2 to come on. :reject:

I would've preferred the 5 nights because we would've gotten (at least) 5 songs. One whole night = 3 songs at most.

Not complaining of course, I'm thrilled they're going on the show.

So the entire band is in New York already

So does that mean:
1. Friday's episode is being filmed at the start of week (even though I thought Fallon does film on Fridays normally) and then they're heading back to Vancouver to rehearse for the rest of the week, or
2. They're filming some stuff now, then will head back to Vancouver for some midweek rehearsals before returning for the episode itself Friday, or
3. No rehearsals in Vancouver this week because they're going to spend the whole time in New York?

So does that mean:

1. Friday's episode is being filmed at the start of week (even though I thought Fallon does film on Fridays normally) and then they're heading back to Vancouver to rehearse for the rest of the week, or

2. They're filming some stuff now, then will head back to Vancouver for some midweek rehearsals before returning for the episode itself Friday, or

3. No rehearsals in Vancouver this week because they're going to spend the whole time in New York?

Letterman and Leno used to record their Friday shows on Monday. So that schedule would make sense as to why the full band is there now.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Letterman and Leno used to record their Friday shows on Monday. So that schedule would make sense as to why the full band is there now.

I think Fallon has been recording most of his Friday shows on the day though.

Good point.

I'm hoping for 2 songs and some good skit material. Toy instruments would be awesome. As would them shoving someone in a dress for "Ew!!!"

So the entire band is in New York already

So does that mean:

Thinking that they taped skit material over the weekend based on the twitter/instagram photos of Edge in an SUV and Bono & Jimmy on bikes. Betting they rehearse today through maybe Wednesday, give Bono a day to rest his voice, and perform live on Fallon on Friday.

Also of note for US viewers who may be interested: there is a farewell show for Letterman tonight from 9-11pm, maybe some of the NLOTH appearances will be on it (it appears to be a "best of" type of show with clips and looks back).

I think Fallon has been recording most of his Friday shows on the day though.

Yeah, it seems you're right. Seems odd to have to spend the whole week there. Hopefully they have a space to rehearse, maybe they'll have some privacy and can hash out some surprises for the tour.

Didn't peter mention that they weren't playing some songs in the Arena on purpose to keep the surprise? :hmm: Perhaps they have a studio booked for between recordings of the show?

I predict they'll play 4 songs, much like when U2 took over Conan for the entire show. Back then they played OOTS, ABOY, Vertigo, and Stuck. I predict 3 new songs and one "greatest hit" (hopefully something before 2000). My new song predictions are EWB, SFS, California or Volcano. I don't imagine TMOJR being played.

They sound pretty tight in the rehearsal clips - maybe they are comfortable enough to spend the week in New York - find a practice space to hash some things out, but film Fallon, possible surprise spot on Letterman.

There's a tweet floating around in another thread (probably the Fallon-specific one) that makes it sound like they may be recording something for the show today.

Given Fallon usually tapes on Fridays, this must be to accommodate their rehearsal schedule. Imagine they will be back in Vancouver tomorrow?

Is there no chance they could also record something Friday? Record yesterday, back to Vancouver and then back on Friday?

The headset mic returns.

The Instagram video the band posted has Crystal Ballroom as music... Hint?

I would LOVE to see TCB and Lucifer make the setlist. But if I have to pick? TCB every time.

I still firmly believe they put TCB on the deluxe version in order to try to encourage physical sales after giving the standard album away free.

We were kind of sceptical before 360 that the video with Larry playing Electrical Storm on glockenspiel would be a hint of much, and look at what that led to.

I still firmly believe they put TCB on the deluxe version in order to try to encourage physical sales after giving the standard album away free.

Well no shit! They had to put on something both new and exclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom