U2 rehearsals in Torino part V: Full aug 2 update + aug 3 as it happens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's setlist:

<Space Oddity intro>
1) Glastonbury (new song)
2) Beautiful Day
3) MLK
4) Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)
--encore break--
5) One (preceded by the good voice of Desmond Tutu)
6) Amazing Grace (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name
--encore break--
7) Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me

Goodbye, Ultraviolet. I'll miss you. :sad:

HMTM -> WOWY -> MOS just sounds awkward.

Wonder if they are going to keep UV in there between the two.

I love the Amazing Grace intro. I think it works beautifully, especially on the Rose Bowl DVD.

Same here. My favorite part of the whole DVD. I even made about 20 gifs of it. LOL and a whole bunch of the entire song. :reject:

rosebowl360amazinggrace1-comet.gif

rosebowl360amazinggrace4-comet.gif

Am I the only one who loved Tutu's speech? :sad: Especially when it was still before Streets.

When all these people, work together as ONE!! ONE!! *streets intro*

:sad: Bisshop Tutu lies!

I ADORE his speech. :D

BTW Edge_Orchestra...? You here? Sicy has your new Dallas shirt over in the PS thread. :lol:

HMTM -> WOWY -> MOS just sounds awkward.

Wonder if they are going to keep UV in there between the two.

If so, then I'll be thrilled. However, as much as I love Ultraviolet, and as much as I want for U2 to play it every night between now and when they retire, I kind of feel like it's time for UV to go, and it probably will do exactly that.

How many NLOTH did they play?
CT, MOS? 2???

The number of songs played between today and yesterday doesn't really add up to a full setlist, so I'm sure more will come.

Remember that they also played two new songs, and possibly Soon, jacking up the post-Bomb count.

With or Without You after Hold Me wouldn't be so weird, if you take into account the almost equally awkward The Fly/With or Without You combo during the Vertigo Tour. We'll see! Rooting for Ultra Violet or even Tryin' to Throw Your Arms somewhere in there...

Yeah, strange absence of Boots and NLOTH mostly, Magnificent and Breathe as well.

Of those, I'm sure at least Boots and Magnificent will be back. I really hope NLOTH will make an appearance, too, and I'd certainly enjoy Breathe again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom