Sydney Setlist Party Night 1 13 December 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I remember that, they were probs just talking about Mercy, North Star et al, counting on all Aussies attending gigs to be avid readers of u2gigs

Okay, to be fair, they did add Scarlet. Played it for the first time in 3 decades!

One Tree Hill made it's 360 Tour debut. And SIAMYCGOO showed up for the first time in 2010.

u2gigs
18th is the bliss that is Scarlet, 19th is Walk On. #u2360sydney

1. Return Of The Stingray Guitar
2. Beautiful Day / Blackbird (snippet)
3. I Will Follow
4. Get On Your Boots
5. Magnificent
6. Mysterious Ways
7. Elevation
8. Until The End Of The World
9. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
10. Do They Know It's Christmas (snippet) / Stuck In A Moment
11. Bad / Need You Tonight (snippet) / Never Tear Us Apart (snippet)
12. In A Little While
13. Miss Sarajevo
14. City Of Blinding Lights
15. Vertigo
16. Crazy Tonight / Relax (snippet) / Two Tribes (snippet)
17. Sunday Bloody Sunday
18. Scarlet
19. Walk On

I always love people who live near a stadium tweeting, bitching about how they can't hear anything but fucking Bono from their living room/bedroom/bathroom.

Everyone has to stop trying to read too much into everything Bono says. 'Whole new set of songs' could easily just have been, well, we've released a new album since we were last there. Or simply some of the new stuff they were playing at the time in Europe. Or maybe at the time they thought they were more on track to get this next album out a bit earlier. Or anything or nothing.

sydangel68 When B sang its christmas time and there's no need to be afraid. He then said Bob Geldof is in the house.

LOL, I just read the other day, that Geldof hates the song now, and hates when he hears it in the supermarket, and now he can't even go to a U2 show :lol:

1. Return Of The Stingray Guitar
2. Beautiful Day / Blackbird (snippet)
3. I Will Follow
4. Get On Your Boots
5. Magnificent
6. Mysterious Ways
7. Elevation
8. Until The End Of The World
9. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
10. Do They Know It's Christmas (snippet) / Stuck In A Moment
11. Bad / Need You Tonight (snippet) / Never Tear Us Apart (snippet)
12. In A Little While
13. Miss Sarajevo
14. City Of Blinding Lights
15. Vertigo
16. Crazy Tonight / Relax (snippet) / Two Tribes (snippet)
17. Sunday Bloody Sunday
18. Scarlet
19. Walk On

Encore:
20. One

Everyone has to stop trying to read too much into everything Bono says. 'Whole new set of songs' could easily just have been, well, we've released a new album since we were last there. Or simply some of the new stuff they were playing at the time in Europe. Or maybe at the time they thought they were more on track to get this next album out a bit earlier. Or anything or nothing.

I'm not trying to read anything into it, just kidding about Bono always being so enthusiastic about the new stuff and hoping they will get it ready in about ten minutes :lol: :heart:

Oh, I certainly didn't have unrealistic expectations. My hopes weren't too high. Personally, I'm happy to hear any set of popular/standard U2 songs at the concerts I got to.

I just figured it was safe to point out by now (with only 3 shows remaining on this leg) that we're not getting many new songs on this leg.

I'll give 'em credit for Scarlet though. That's a blast from the past that I never expected them to ever play live again!

Set list spots at a premium when it's one-and-done visits (i.e. not 2nd trips around Europe/US.) I'm a bit surprised though that there's not one a night, but not at all surprised that there's not the multiples of Europe.

Back
Top Bottom