Sao Paolo III Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ramblin rose

Site Team
Staff member
Might as well make the most of Wednesday.

At least we're assured of a stream tonight without the involvement of any watergate conspiracy theories. :wink:

Only 4 more shows until they reach the US!!!

Maybe tonight will be a similar set as Sunday's epic set (my favorite 360 setlist so far).

I know Stingray > BD might be happening, but I think they'll stick with Space Oddity > EBTTRT since the show's going to be streamed on radio. Thinking Bad and HMTMKMKM will also appear tonight, maybe NYD. Hopefully IALW is still out of the set and Zooropa stays with some reworked visuals and lights. Maybe other surprises? Can't wait, it's going to be a huge end to the South American leg.

More soundcheck spoilers also from U2Place
Also Mercy! and Mysterious Ways

:drool: I would kill for that. I'm so glad they haven't forgotten about that song, I was planning on hunting them down when they got here to tell them they promised us some new songs!!!

I really, really hope they'll open with Even Better Than the Real Thing again. I'd love to have that in soundboard version. Fuck Stingray and Beautiful Day.

I would love Stingray into EBTTRT. While we're hoping I wish they'd keep OOC tonight, include Mercy and Bad and Zooropa and keep IALW out of it. I'd be very happy. Although I get the feeling that OOC will be replaced by NYD tonight.

Last edited:
Went to Fiesta last night here in San Antonio and had a few :crack:

On the way back home I was getting sad about U2 not putting out a new album this May then thought maybe tonight, since its being streamed worldwide:

Bono: This next song is off our new album coming out this May called Songs Of Ascent. Its for everyone who followed us and stuck with us during this massive tour. Thank you. This is Mercy.

Found this off u2.com, looks like the audience is already in the stadium.....

night3.jpg

Went to Fiesta last night here in San Antonio and had a few :crack:

On the way back home I was getting sad about U2 not putting out a new album this May then thought maybe tonight, since its being streamed worldwide:

Bono: This next song is off our new album coming out this May called Songs Of Ascent. Its for everyone who followed us and stuck with us during this massive tour. Thank you. This is Mercy.

:fist:

Gonna have to join in the ":fist:" party. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll be off to WTAHNN to counter this with some good, old-fashioned cynicism.

So, "Zooropa" didn't sound different from how I expected U2 in 2011 to perform it. Serviceable, but definitely a momentum killer for anybody in the crowd that doesn't own that album. I'm still in the camp that a song like this would make for a great opener.

Echoing guitar chords. Check. A repetitive chant. Check. A nice smooth Bono entry vocal. Check.

U2 should always open with a song that isn't a massive hit or a killer live staple. The crowd will be so pumped that the show is starting that they'll all be along for the ride. When you throw something like "Zooropa" out into the middle of the set, the casuals will just run for the bathroom.

When you throw something like "Zooropa" out into the middle of the set, the casuals will just run for the bathroom.

Let em go, if they're gonna want to go to the bar/bathroom they'll go regardless. It happens at every single show I've ever been to, there's nothing U2 can do about it. I'll never forget joining the exodus to go to the bar at an Oasis stadium show when they played one of their new album songs and almost being killed in the stampede as the chords of Wonderwall rang out. :wink:

So, IF the rumors are true about this being recorded for release, I would think that would impact song selection slightly. If I were Willie or Hamish or whoever would have say over them, I would say do the following:

- EBTTRT to open
- IWF -- hasn't been on a "proper" release (tour-based, non-fanclub) since Boston 2001
- Boots through UTEOTW as usual
- All I Want is You in place of SHF -
- Bad, Mercy, BD, MS, Zooropa, onward
- HMTMKMKM

That said, I suspect we'll see NYD instead, and I think Bad at least is a good bet :hyper:

When you throw something like "Zooropa" out into the middle of the set, the casuals will just run for the bathroom.

Every casual will have a bathroom break so at least they make the song interesting. LET THEM PEE I SAY! JUST LET THEM!

Every casual will have a bathroom break so at least they make the song interesting. LET THEM PEE I SAY! JUST LET THEM!

Really, I mean think of the alternative IALW?? :huh: :| :doh:

Although, come to think about it the casuals may be taking their pee break during MS and then come back to find Zooropa boring them. Maybe they can use that as their beer break.

Last edited:
So, IF the rumors are true about this being recorded for release, I would think that would impact song selection slightly. If I were Willie or Hamish or whoever would have say over them, I would say do the following:

- EBTTRT to open
- IWF -- hasn't been on a "proper" release (tour-based, non-fanclub) since Boston 2001
- Boots through UTEOTW as usual
- All I Want is You in place of SHF -
- Bad, Mercy, BD, MS, Zooropa, onward
- HMTMKMKM

That said, I suspect we'll see NYD instead, and I think Bad at least is a good bet :hyper:

Who started the rumor that it's being released?

I think @U2 had tweeted that there was a rumor it was being filmed for possible release. It's probably easy to find out it's being filmed, but whether or not it will be released? Who knows.

I think @U2 had tweeted that there was a rumor it was being filmed for possible release. It's probably easy to find out it's being filmed, but whether or not it will be released? Who knows.

The tweet in question was this:

The rumor is that U2 is recording tomorrow's show for future release & recording tonight's rehearsal for addl. video footage.

Dang well I must have missed that Tweet, which is somewhat funny cause I've been Twitter obsessed for the past week.

Well anyway we're here to party! Or well wait to party anyway. I hope we get some surprises tonight and that it'll be similar to Sunday's set. Maybe we can get Zooropa back into the trends?:hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom