Paris I Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yep they've joined it all up now! B went running and did a full lap just as COBL started haha was fab!

:ohmy:

Really? I would have loved to see it. I missed Bono running around the catwalk. I hope they keep that setting up for the rest of the shows.

How did people get into the inner circle with the catwalk closed?

:ohmy:

Really? I would have loved to see it. I missed Bono running around the catwalk. I hope they keep that setting up for the rest of the shows.

How did people get into the inner circle with the catwalk closed?

The catwalk at the back looks a bit higher than at the front, so i think people can just walk under it, similar to the bridges.

hahaha brilliant!!! that run was hilarious! i legged it down those steps spilling half my water everywhere (had to take bottle caps off), sprinted along the pitch, dropped me shades on the floor and stopped to pick em up, but still got straight into the claw area right on the rail near the front - wasn't as hard as i thought, and no pushing or getting squished or anything... was a great experience!

A what time did you get in line??
I would really like to get close to the rail but I'm so scared to get pushed or squized (I faint quite easily :crack: )
Is there plenty of room in the inner circle and can you still go to the bathroom or not?
I'd like to convince my husband to give it a go, but I'm not eally sure myself Icna do it:huh:
He would like to stay at the back (for the Amsterdam show next monday) and take it all in from there...

Yesterday, we were there just to late, gates were already open and quite a lot of ppl in.
We were at the left, not too far from the left leg, but some ppl were really a pain and kept moving on until they were in front of us.
Then 2 arrogant dutch came along (like 1.95m or over 6 ft tall), wurmed their way passed us and stopped to stand right in front of my husband :angry:
My mood dropped imediatly and then a little later on he started kicking my backpack (which was on the floor in front of me) out of his way, so I told him what I thought of him, we were both really pissed off by them, and (seeing them in front of us) it took most of the fun out of the show for me, really regrettable. :(

I sure hope I dont' have to come acros him again in Amsterdam:madwife:

Mos is soooo beautiful live :love:

Did it rain in Paris because they played Rain?

I totally missed that rain part :doh:
but it started raining when they played Walk on and it kept on raining till the end.

I had the feeling Bono was really moved at the end of MOS, maybe he has that at the end of all shows?? LU you were in Milan, did you feel that way too?
He just looked really well dunno... almost in tears (on the big screen), hugging Edge and Larry before they went off at the back.

The catwalk at the back looks a bit higher than at the front, so i think people can just walk under it, similar to the bridges.

yes it was about as high as the bridges - i did run under something as i dashed into the inner circle, but was also picking up my shades off the floor at the same time so i didn't register that it was the catwalk as i just didn't stop to think, but then saw it later in addition to the bridges... Larry also used it during the Crazy Tonight remix... i think it works really really well...

A what time did you get in line??
I would really like to get close to the rail but I'm so scared to get pushed or squized (I faint quite easily :crack: )
Is there plenty of room in the inner circle and can you still go to the bathroom or not?
I'd like to convince my husband to give it a go, but I'm not eally sure myself Icna do it:huh:
He would like to stay at the back (for the Amsterdam show next monday) and take it all in from there...

Yesterday, we were there just to late, gates were already open and quite a lot of ppl in.
We were at the left, not too far from the left leg, but some ppl were really a pain and kept moving on until they were in front of us.
Then 2 arrogant dutch came along (like 1.95m or over 6 ft tall), wurmed their way passed us and stopped to stand right in front of my husband :angry:
My mood dropped imediatly and then a little later on he started kicking my backpack (which was on the floor in front of me) out of his way, so I told him what I thought of him, we were both really pissed off by them, and (seeing them in front of us) it took most of the fun out of the show for me, really regrettable. :(

I sure hope I dont' have to come acros him again in Amsterdam:madwife:

oh no that sounds awful! nothing worse than rude people at concerts, can really spoil it... at the concert i was at last tour, some english guys were incredibly rude to me in the front section - they were just being obnoxious to everyone, it was awful, but when they realised i could understand exactly what they were saying, and i answered back at them in english, they started being really nice, but i wasn't gonna make friends with them after that... kind of spoiled the experience though...

i got in line at about 2.30pm and was just really lucky i guess! the queue was a mess - really random and people just bunched up sitting on the pavement, so i just chose a spot and sat down... was a really long wait though - i would recommend taking a cushion or something to sit on as my ass was in agony haha

the people all around me were wonderful, all really really nice and friendly, and people would come and go out of the "queue" for food/drinks/toilet runs etc. and didn't seem to have any problem getting back to their spot - it was the same in the inner circle as well - lots of people coming and going the whole time before the show... if you've got someone to keep your spot you should be fine...

i was worried about being squished against the rail too, but it was absolutely fine... it was so nice to have the rail to prop me up as i was exhausted before i even got there... but energy levels lifted once the music started though... i was a little to the side, so there wasn't a crush around me at all - the rail in front of the stage/Bono's mic looked pretty squished though...

also, once you get into the inner circle and grab your spot you must sit down otherwise it would get really really cramped in there if everyone is just standing... everyone around me was sitting, and then when everyone stood up we weren't packed like sardines... sitting down also makes it extra difficult for the pushers-in to get past...

the security were absolutely adorable as well - they let some folk peek at the setlist before the show even haha! and they kept handing out bottles of water to us all... being so close to the stage was lovely, and made it feel like an arena gig... being short was tricky though as the stage is quite high for shorties and i couldn't see The Edge, only when he whizzed over my bridge once or twice, and could just see the top of Larry's head... Adam was right in front of me smiling away just about the whole time which was lovely, and Bono was mostly front of stage and out the back, but i had a great view of him when he was at the front... it was so nice to "see" them performing up close and not have to just look at the screens... the energy was incredible! Bono was a real live little dynamo! really giving it his all! was lovely to see! it's really worth doing it if you can... but be prepared and wear comfy shoes you can run in and clothes you can sit and stand in easily... it was my first time on the rail and it was a really really wonderful experience... :heart:

Bono sang something before Beautiful Day i think it was?? i didn't recognise it but it was quite long, and i think it was before Beautiful Day (i'm still dazed and knackered lmfao)

and he also sang "All you need is love, bom bom bom bom bom" haha during Pride it was, i think...

i got that wrong- "All you need is love" was during Streets not Pride! haha

oh no that sounds awful! nothing worse than rude people at concerts, can really spoil it... at the concert i was at last tour, some english guys were incredibly rude to me in the front section - they were just being obnoxious to everyone, it was awful, but when they realised i could understand exactly what they were saying, and i answered back at them in english, they started being really nice, but i wasn't gonna make friends with them after that... kind of spoiled the experience though...

i got in line at about 2.30pm and was just really lucky i guess! the queue was a mess - really random and people just bunched up sitting on the pavement, so i just chose a spot and sat down... was a really long wait though - i would recommend taking a cushion or something to sit on as my ass was in agony haha

the people all around me were wonderful, all really really nice and friendly, and people would come and go out of the "queue" for food/drinks/toilet runs etc. and didn't seem to have any problem getting back to their spot - it was the same in the inner circle as well - lots of people coming and going the whole time before the show... if you've got someone to keep your spot you should be fine...

i was worried about being squished against the rail too, but it was absolutely fine... it was so nice to have the rail to prop me up as i was exhausted before i even got there... but energy levels lifted once the music started though... i was a little to the side, so there wasn't a crush around me at all - the rail in front of the stage/Bono's mic looked pretty squished though...

also, once you get into the inner circle and grab your spot you must sit down otherwise it would get really really cramped in there if everyone is just standing... everyone around me was sitting, and then when everyone stood up we weren't packed like sardines... sitting down also makes it extra difficult for the pushers-in to get past...

the security were absolutely adorable as well - they let some folk peek at the setlist before the show even haha! and they kept handing out bottles of water to us all... being so close to the stage was lovely, and made it feel like an arena gig... being short was tricky though as the stage is quite high for shorties and i couldn't see The Edge, only when he whizzed over my bridge once or twice, and could just see the top of Larry's head... Adam was right in front of me smiling away just about the whole time which was lovely, and Bono was mostly front of stage and out the back, but i had a great view of him when he was at the front... it was so nice to "see" them performing up close and not have to just look at the screens... the energy was incredible! Bono was a real live little dynamo! really giving it his all! was lovely to see! it's really worth doing it if you can... but be prepared and wear comfy shoes you can run in and clothes you can sit and stand in easily... it was my first time on the rail and it was a really really wonderful experience... :heart:

Thanks mama cass for sharing your experience :)

Still not sure what we'll do, we are not alone, and if majority want to be more at the back, i guess we'll end up there.
It is a certain, that you don't see much of the screen when you're in the circle. that's a shame but I guess you can't always have it both ways :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom