Opening Acts 2010 - Lenny Kravitz, Interpol, The Fray and more

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
support band for Amsterdam gig july 2009

Hi am new to the forum - so if i have posted this in the wrong place - im sorry !

Have booked to see the Boys in Amsterdam on the 21st July - and wondered who are the support - cannot seem to find out anywhere??

am fingers crossed it could be the Kaisers :hyper: - When we saw them at Twickenham for Vertigo - we had The Doves and Athlete -
Both Bands were fantastic:cute:

This will be the 3rd time seeing them - First time was at Wembly Popmart

angel xx

It's not made public yet.

I hope not the Kaisers since I'm already seeing them in Dublin, I'd LOVE Muse, but that's not gonna happen. One thing I do pray for is NOT THE BEP please. :yikes:

NOOOOOOO ....I wouldnt be a happy bunny either :doh:

When we saw Robbie Williams in Amsterdam in 2007 - the support were Basement Jaxx and Orson.. Basement Jaxx were okay in a funky type of way (wheres your head at etc!) - but Orson...:huh:

Boo. I dont want Glasvegas. :madspit: The supports support better be good. We had Starsailor and the Killers in Cardiff. Couldnt have asked for a better pair.
If you haven't seen Glasvegas live you are in for a treat,I saw them supporting Echo and the bunnymen last year and was really impressed,they are a powerful live act,I just hope they play Sheffield along with Elbow:drool:

If you haven't seen Glasvegas live you are in for a treat,I saw them supporting Echo and the bunnymen last year and was really impressed,they are a powerful live act,I just hope they play Sheffield along with Elbow:drool:

+1

Glasvegas is great, I hope U2 fans give them a chance. I'm stoked to see them at DUB1 and LON2, hope they play in Amsterdam and Gelsenkirchen, as well.

On Snow Partol's myspace page

PATROL TO SUPPORT U2 AT NORTH AMERICAN SHOWS / NEW EUROPEAN SHOWS ADDED!

Following the announcement earlier this month of the Patrol supporting U2 at a handful of shows on their European tour, we are delighted to confirm an additional six dates, including three shows in North America.

The band will now play the additional shows in both Milan and in Gothenburg as well as both shows at the Nou Camp in Barcelona, with the American leg of tour stopping in Chicago, Toronto and Boston.

The full list of shows are:

30 Jun 09 - Barcelona, Nou Camp. Spain
02 Jul 09 - Barcelona, Nou Camp. Spain
07 Jul 09 - Milan, San Siro. Italy
08 Jul 09 - Milan, San Siro. Italy
15 Jul 09 - Nice, Parc Charles Ehrman. France
31 Jul 09 - Gothenburg, Ullevi Arena. Sweden
01 Aug 09 - Gothenburg, Ullevi Arena. Sweden
06 Aug 09 - Chorzow, Slaski Stadium. Poland
10 Aug 09 - Zagreb, Maksimir Stadium. Croatia
12 Sep 09 - Chicago, Soldier Field. US
16 Sep 09 - Toronto, Rogers Centre. US
20 Sep 09 - Boston, Gillette Stadium, US

For full details as well as ticket information log onto 360.u2.com.

how is snow patrol - the only song i really know by them is that - if i just lay here song which is kinda crap (i think i will check out some of their other stuff)

I am going to the Boston show on the 20th and was hopping for Muse as they are playing the U2 show directly following the on I am going to in NY

should I be very disapointed?

how is snow patrol - the only song i really know by them is that - if i just lay here song which is kinda crap (i think i will check out some of their other stuff)

I am going to the Boston show on the 20th and was hopping for Muse as they are playing the U2 show directly following the on I am going to in NY

should I be very disapointed?

no, they're good, though imo their newest album is pretty weak. but the album Final Straw is incredible. Eyes Open is good, too. it does seem like every album gets more and more radio friendly, which is unfortunate.

i saw them back in 2007 and was pleased with their performance.

no, they're good, though imo their newest album is pretty weak. but the album Final Straw is incredible. Eyes Open is good, too. it does seem like every album gets more and more radio friendly, which is unfortunate.

i saw them back in 2007 and was pleased with their performance.

I LOVE Snow Patrol. I've seen them 4-5 times. I agree about their newest--it's okay.
Overall, they've got a pretty good mix of fast/slow songs. I can't wait for a stadium full of people singing the end to Run...

Light up, light up
As if you had a choice
Even if you cannot hear my voice
I'll be right beside you dear

Learn the lyrics people. This is your job until September.:wink:

Mark

I LOVE Snow Patrol. I've seen them 4-5 times. I agree about their newest--it's okay.
Overall, they've got a pretty good mix of fast/slow songs. I can't wait for a stadium full of people singing the end to Run...

Light up, light up
As if you had a choice

Mark

LOL! i really hope they play the Shut Your Eyes.

MUSE is opening for the DC show.. I just saw a email from a local radio station stating this!!! woooooooooooooohooooooooooo! Now I get to see them at least twice.:hyper:

Light up, light up
As if you had a choice

Mark

one of my all time favorite SP songs! It's great when the crowd gets into the song.. so cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom