Opening Acts 2010 - Lenny Kravitz, Interpol, The Fray and more

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kanye was awesome to see...

2005-12-19-Kanye-Portland-2.jpg

I had seats behind the stage in Portland, he had a great time running around the Vertigo stage. Anybody recognize the 'Mysterious Ways' girl below Kanye and to the right?

Kanye was amazing, he was probably the most energetic opener I've ever seen. Even the people I was with who were not excited about him opening loved the show.

I'm looking forward to snow patrol but would have loved muse

Kanye was awesome to see...

2005-12-19-Kanye-Portland-2.jpg

I had seats behind the stage in Portland, he had a great time running around the Vertigo stage. Anybody recognize the 'Mysterious Ways' girl below Kanye and to the right?

you wouldn't happen to have any photos of this show that pan to the left a little, do you? That's where I was.

Do we have an official source that Black eyed pees are opening in Vancouver? How unfair is that? Other cities are getting Muse, pearl Jam, and snow patrol. Vancouver is getting shafted if this is true.

Jam Canoe published the Canadian openers online. It's probably still there.

I'm wondering if they'll swap up the openers for 2nd nights in the US.

You mean Gavin Rossdale skipping around it didn't do anything for you? :wink:

Don't make me ill :vomit:

Black eyed Peas are okay but I would prefer to see Outkast open for u2.

Btw, my favorite u2 opener was No Doubt!

I hope to see Snow Patrol or the Peas.

If it was hip hop my vote would be on K-OS. K-OS! k-OS! Fuck, U2, K-OS for crissake!

Or Bloc Party. Even my son knows they're better than Snow Patrol.

FYI, I just got an email from Soldier Field and they list Snow Patrol as the supporting act.

Yay.

Ah well, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised :shrug:

oh man, I should have gone for New York instead of Dublin. Muse are the next best band after U2!

Muse have sold out Wembley Stadium two nights running on their own own and have demolished Glastonbury as headliners a couple of times. If it was in the UK then U2 would have a huge scrap on their hands to come out on top at their own show. They've won Best Live Band at most awards ceremonies in the UK for years.

If any U2 fans in New York don't know Muse before they go into the Giants Stadium gig then they definitely will after.

Absolution is one of my favourite albums in the world EVER! - it's right up there with U2's best.

But it'll be great to keep U2 on their toes at their own gigs! No complacency boys!

Wow, I don't know Muse:reject:
But I think its really cool that U2 are being so daring picking a top-notch kick-ass act to open for them, lovely to do, and they must be so damned confident about their own arsenal!

Muse have sold out Wembley Stadium two nights running on their own own and have demolished Glastonbury as headliners a couple of times. If it was in the UK then U2 would have a huge scrap on their hands to come out on top at their own show. They've won Best Live Band at most awards ceremonies in the UK for years.

If any U2 fans in New York don't know Muse before they go into the Giants Stadium gig then they definitely will after.

Absolution is one of my favourite albums in the world EVER! - it's right up there with U2's best.

But it'll be great to keep U2 on their toes at their own gigs! No complacency boys!

umm.. yep... I agree.. if you haven't heard or seen Muse live and go to NY you will be forever changed.

I didn't get to see them at Wembley but saw them here locally and they blew the roof off the place!:love:

Muse are decent... but pretty boring. I did enjoy the HAARP DVD a lot (at least, before it... bored me), so I'd much rather see them open Chicago than Snow Patrol. Oh well.

Muse HEADLINES stadium shows there...why would they open? Makes more sense in the U.S. as they are only *just* able to headline arenas here.
Pretty sure Elbow and Glasvegas have been confirmed for the Wembley shows anyway.

not sure if this has been posted..

from Snow Patrol's Official website:

PATROL TO SUPPORT U2 AT NORTH AMERICAN SHOWS / NEW EUROPEAN SHOWS ADDED!
Posted by the_eskimos on Mar 26, 2009 | Comments (2) | Views: (686)

Following the announcement earlier this month of the Patrol supporting U2 at a handful of shows on their European tour, we are delighted to confirm an additional six dates, including three shows in North America.

The band will now play the additional shows in both Milan and in Gothenburg as well as at the Nou Camp in Barcelona, with the American leg of tour stopping in Chicago, Toronto and Boston.

The full list of shows are:

30 Jun 09 - Barcelona, Nou Camp. Spain
02 Jul 09 - Barcelona, Nou Camp. Spain

07 Jul 09 - Milan, San Siro. Italy
08 Jul 09 - Milan, San Siro. Italy
15 Jul 09 - Nice, Parc Charles Ehrman. France
31 Jul 09 - Gothenburg, Ullevi Arena. Sweden
01 Aug 09 - Gothenburg, Ullevi Arena. Sweden
06 Aug 09 - Chorzow, Slaski Stadium. Poland
10 Aug 09 - Zagreb, Maksimir Stadium. Croatia
12 Sep 09 - Chicago, Soldier Field. US
16 Sep 09 - Toronto, Rogers Centre. US
20 Sep 09 - Boston, Gillette Stadium, US

For full details as well as ticket information log onto 360.u2.com

looks like they are doing Toronto and not the Black Eyed Peas..

i'm happy with Snow Patrol, though i've seen them before. Muse is good, but i just can't seem to listen to more than 3 songs without wanting to listen to something else. i think they're great musicians though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom