Opening Acts 2010 - Lenny Kravitz, Interpol, The Fray and more

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Far from preferable, but I don't really have anything against BEP opening. I'd rather get them in place of all but Elbow out of that lot. I'd prefer more variety, though - aren't those other ones just the same band?

On the Kaiser Chiefs website they state that they are the "main support to U2 on some of their European stadium shows" - which ones not stated as yet.

They were great at Wembley on Friday night so it'd be great to see them supporting the London shows - a great 'warmup' act for people who know their songs!

and there's many more who aren't around so much anymore.
No Doubt and the Pixies broke up shortly after opening for them.
Then there's:
Smashmouth
Garbage
Public Enemy
Gavin Rossdale's not so great band
Big Audio Dynamite
Pylon

Surely there's a U2 nerd (I say that lovingly!) somewhere that's compiled a list of all the bands that have opened for them over the years. We've got stats on almost everything else...

There's no way you can include Public Enemy in that list, in no way was opening for U2 a kiss of death for PE! :lol:

Relieved to hear that Black Eyed Peas were being reserved for North America and will be nowhere near any of the European dates.

The moment I heard "Geraldine" by Glasvegas I thought they should support U2, their album was one of my favourites from last year, saw them on the NME tour and they were great.

Would happily see the Kaiser Chiefs so long as the crowd were into it. Great energy about them

Saw Elbow in Delamere Forest last year a week or so before their Glasto performance brought them to the mainstream. Would be chuffed to see them again.

Snow Patrol - Saw them on the Vertigo tour, pleasant enough but not top of my list. Unlike Elbow and Glasvegas, i wouldn't go to a show of their own.

Some more acts to be announced also? White Lies (hope not)? Editors? Franz Ferdinand?

Just wondering what some of the people think of the Kings of Leon now that they have see some success? Alot of people on this board absolutly killed them when they were opening for the Vertigo Tour. I still love them and am actually struggling to stop listening even though NLOTH is all Im trying to listen to currently. I havent read through this thread so if people brought them up Im sorry for doubling up.

Just wondering what some of the people think of the Kings of Leon now that they have see some success? Alot of people on this board absolutly killed them when they were opening for the Vertigo Tour. I still love them and am actually struggling to stop listening even though NLOTH is all Im trying to listen to currently. I havent read through this thread so if people brought them up Im sorry for doubling up.

I absolutely loved KOL when they opened for U2. I went out and bought their two albums at that point. And I still love them and I am really happy they are now being well received in the US. I haven't bought tickets to their second Boston show yet (trying to budget for U2!) but I think I'll end up being there.

I absolutely loved KOL when they opened for U2. I went out and bought their two albums at that point. And I still love them and I am really happy they are now being well received in the US. I haven't bought tickets to their second Boston show yet (trying to budget for U2!) but I think I'll end up being there.

I did the same thing and they hooked me immediatly. I didnt think they could top their first two albums but "only by the night" is amazing. Seeing them in April in Phila. Cant wait!

Opening acts I've seen with them over the years: Lone Justice, BoDeans, Little Steven & The Disciples of Soul (x2), Pixies, Primus, Disposable Heroes, Fun Lovin' Criminals, Longpigs, PJ Harvey, Garbage, Kings of Leon, Keane, Rocko & The Devils,... and Pearl Jam.

One of these acts kinda stands out from the others.

Opening acts I've seen with them over the years: Lone Justice, BoDeans, Little Steven & The Disciples of Soul (x2), Pixies, Primus, Disposable Heroes, Fun Lovin' Criminals, Longpigs, PJ Harvey, Garbage, Kings of Leon, Keane, Rocko & The Devils,... and Pearl Jam.

Rocko?

Kayne would have been awesome to see, but I didn't get him for any of the shows I went to :(

I dont usually listen to the opening acts so it doesn't matter to me but BEP have some fun songs to groove to and bob your head, so I don't subscribe to all the hate for them. It's good to have a group like BEP that makes music intended for people to go crazy and jump around and whatnot, because it will get the GA peeps amped for the main event. Kayne did a good job from the youtube videos I have seen. Opening bands know that the crowd is mostly there to see U2 anyway.

Kanye was awesome to see...

2005-12-19-Kanye-Portland-2.jpg

I had seats behind the stage in Portland, he had a great time running around the Vertigo stage. Anybody recognize the 'Mysterious Ways' girl below Kanye and to the right?

Please, any of those choices but the Black-Eyed Peas for the Giants Stadium show. I will be tempted to skip the opening act if it's them.

I got totally dissed by my Bloc Party comment

oh well, I guess they are not well known

too bad we have not seen the names of Boxer Rebellion, Kasabian, or Eminem for 2009 support acts

No. Just the girl who got pulled up on stage A LOT on the Vertigo tour and went to a lot of concerts. :lol:

But are you sure that's even her?

I think so. She and her friend (or sister?) were both pulled on stage at that particular concert during 'Mysterious Ways'. They danced in circles around Bono. I think I've seen the same girl on one of the concert DVD's and I believe I also saw her on GMA at the Fordham concert the other day.

I think so. She and her friend (or sister?) were both pulled on stage at that particular concert during 'Mysterious Ways'. They danced in circles around Bono. I think I've seen the same girl on one of the concert DVD's and I believe I also saw her on GMA at the Fordham concert the other day.

Were they "guestlisted" to get into the ellipse every night?

I personally hope you're referring to the Pixies and you just added Pearl Jam afterward because you initially forgot about them.

Kanye was awesome to see...

2005-12-19-Kanye-Portland-2.jpg

I had seats behind the stage in Portland, he had a great time running around the Vertigo stage. Anybody recognize the 'Mysterious Ways' girl below Kanye and to the right?

yep, that's the girls...also, immediately to the left of Kanye, another great interferencer "Ruffian"...and behind her, in the hat (sortof behind the bent arm of another girl), me :hyper:

great pic! he was great, he OWNED that stage and the ellipse ramp like no other opening artist :up:

Ok I saw Elbow this past weekend and I really wasn't sure how their latest album would translate on stage but it was....AMAZING. Absolutely brilliant.

They are incredible live and I honestly cannot wait to see them again, if they open.

:love::love::love:

Muse opening for U2 in North America (Including NY)

Looks like one of the openers will be Muse. I personally think this is awesome (and am crossing my fingers that they end up opening the Chicago show... pleasepleaseplease)

"We are pleased to confirm that Muse will be touring in the UK, Europe and North America this autumn.

"Full details on the UK and European dates will be announced soon, but for now we can confirm that the band will be special guests to U2 at a number of their North American shows this September, including New York on September 24.

"The remaining U2 dates will be announced in the coming weeks."

anyway, here is the link

Muse confirm new tour | News | NME.COM

I'd love to have Muse open for U2 in Europe! Odd that the US acts are already being announced while we still don't know what or who we're getting in several cities here! :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom