Official: U2 in Turin for 2 weeks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Bono did have a laserjacket, so they do lasers all right.

The cannons on ZooTv had ZooDollars in them, so that doesn't count as pyro stuff as it's not fireworks.

Ok, I'll check youtube to see if I can find it. If not, I think I have a bootleg of the first show (New Jersey) sitting around that shows it.

Give me some time and I'll find it.

Ok, I'm not sure what's weirder, that I don't, nor the internet remember this(which I thought I had a good memory) or that certain posters ARE remembering this?

Last edited:
Don't forget the POPMART shows had pyro cannons going off in the upper deck for BOOM CHA! several times during Discotheque. At least through the New Jersey shows they did.
Yep also during the chicago shows i believe.

I do have a bootleg video of it as well but im not so sure which show it was.

Huh. Well, whaddya know? Thanks for posting that.

I still say I hope they never throw in fireworks. :wink:

No, you don't have to do that.

Obviously there's some huge flash of light at that time, it just wasn't clear what kind.

I guess at first when I hear "pyro" I think traditional fireworks.

I find it interesting.

Man I envy you. I SO wish I could go, the concert's on my birthday! :( But I've nobody to go with, nor a ticket.

Have a couple extra if you can get there . gratis. PM me if interested,

may you can hitch a ride with us, but we are going to the TDF first. Thats a crazy party if Lance wins :D

True, I've actually liked U2 pyrotechnic-free.

Didn't U2 have fireworks go off at the end of the Slane shows back in 2001?

I could've sworn I saw a short YouTube video of fireworks shooting up above Slane Castle with UF playing over the PA.

^ :heart:

Weren't there some rumours (Willy's diary, if I remember correctly) that the band actually rehearsed WAS for some shows? I'd love to see and hear that. It's my favourite NLOTH song. I know some will say it's a momentum killer and U2 shouldn't add another slow song, but I think the atmosphere would kind of fit into the set.

wow, I can understand your heartbumps. I like WAS very much and if it`ll be possible to hear this song this summer during the tour, then it have to play with a french horn section on stage. It`ll give me heebie-jeebies, truly.

^ :heart:

Weren't there some rumours (Willy's diary, if I remember correctly) that the band actually rehearsed WAS for some shows? I'd love to see and hear that. It's my favourite NLOTH song. I know some will say it's a momentum killer and U2 shouldn't add another slow song, but I think the atmosphere would kind of fit into the set.
that would be awesome. besides, if they really cared about killing momentum, they'd stop using tracks like ialw.

If Your Blue room is anything to go by, U2 should stay as far away as possible from slow songs (WAS, I'm looking at you).

If Your Blue room is anything to go by, U2 should stay as far away as possible from slow songs (WAS, I'm looking at you).

I think WAS would work better than YBR, they should seriously consider having a few musicians with horns or strings on stage. I'm not very positive about the song being played live, but I hope they at least snippet it :wink:

In a little while wasn't a momentum killer at all, I loved it at the shows I went to, but then again I'm a big fan of that song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom