Moscow Setlist Party Part 2 - 8/25/10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, I remember the full moon, too! That was awesome.

A friend of mine was at the show as well, and she swore up and down she could hear herself screaming on the bootleg. :lol:

I bought a cassette copy of the bootleg (and a VHS of the video boot, later) at Atomic Records in Milwaukee. Man, that place was awesome. :heart:

151364509-da616bfaf31092e874e21857aff7b4a24c757640-full.jpg

That wasn't a problem for my BFF & I. We were dead center of the stage, but I swear, our seats were only about six rows down from the top of the stadium. If it hadn't been for the Jumbotrons on the stage, I'd have sworn we were watching a flea circus instead of human perfomers. It didn't matter to me, really, though. I was in the stadium with them & everything they did was full of win. :heart:

I still get chills whenever I hear EBTTRT & remember sitting in my seat, looking over to my left & seeing a huge full moon rising just over the crest of the stadium. :drool: That was the great thing about the show in Raleigh this past October. They didn't play EBTTRT, but they did play MW - and my same BFF was with me again, on a beautiful clear night with a full moon in the sky. :happysigh: Mmmm - I could just go on & on about how freakin' awesome that was... but I won't. :wink:

Loved the full moon in Raleigh. Great night, I got my MUSE and U2 fill and it was a beautiful night. :love: :drool:

My best memory was taking my older sister to see U2 for the first time. I took her to see them on the Elevation tour. She was the one who turned me on to them when I was a kid. She has always had a crush on Bono. So when Bono walked on stage, she nearly took my arm off because she was freaking out and pulling my arm yelling "OH MY GOD IT IS HIM!" she kept repeating it over and over. I died laughing and had calm her down. She also made me promise to not tell her husband how she reacted. :lol:

The speed and quality we are receiving these videos now is just amazing.

Thought this write-up from U2gigs would be appropriate to post here...........

U2's Moscow setlist, 25/08
Today, U2 performed their first ever concert in Russia, at Moscow's Luzhniki Stadium. It was an eventful day: Mikhail Gorbachev was in attendance, there was heavy rain during U2's performance, and Russian musician Yuri Shevchuk appeared on stage to help cover a Bob Dylan song. Controversially, the heavy police and military presence shut down tents for Greenpeace, Amnesty International, and the One Campaign, claiming they were illegal. Furthermore, multiple activists were detained. Bono was reportedly informed and perplexed by the action.

Before the concert, Pride, In A Little While, and an acoustic Desire were soundchecked. In the setlist itself, for the first time this year, the band only played one unreleased song: the brief opener, Return Of The Stingray Guitar. All previous 2010 shows have featured at least two unreleased songs. Slotting in at tenth in the set was Pride, the earliest it has been played on the 360° Tour, while Sunday Bloody Sunday was restored to the setlist in its usual position after being dropped at the previous gig. The encore was extended when Yuri Shevchuk, most famous for his band DDT, joined U2 to cover Knockin' On Heaven's Door. Although Bono performed the song recently, on 24 December 2009, it has not been performed by the whole band since 2 December 2001.

U2gigs.com - U2 360° tour news, pictures, reviews

The shutting down of the tents for Greenpeace, Amnesty, and One is really disappointing.

yeah, that does surprise me. Surely the U2 camp sat down with whatever Russian people they needed to meet with and laid out what their show would entail, what they could expect before and during the show.

It would surprise me if they had set up the booths without the Russian whozits not knowing about it.

she was freaking out and pulling my arm yelling "OH MY GOD IT IS HIM!" she kept repeating it over and over. I died laughing and had calm her down. She also made me promise to not tell her husband how she reacted. :lol:
Kelly had never seen me in action at a U2 show until the Vertigo tour. :ohmy: The good thing is, now that he's hooked on seeing them live, he knows what to expect from me & no longer gets that frightened look in his eyes when I start slipping away to my concert happy place. :lmao:

Great story about your sis, Iris. "OMG IT'S HIM!!" :heart: :cute:

Kelly had never seen me in action at a U2 show until the Vertigo tour. :ohmy: The good thing is, now that he's hooked on seeing them live, he knows what to expect from me & no longer gets that frightened look in his eyes when I start slipping away to my concert happy place. :lmao:

The hubby took me to my 1st U2 show. And I tried to keep from total freakout levels not because of him being there, but because I was 8 1/2 months pregnant with our son, and didn't want to risk sending myself into labor. :lol:

That said, we were in Tampa last October, and not only did we camp outside the loading docks for over 4 hrs in sweltering heat, but I was in total fangirl mode during the show. Luckily I have an understanding hubby! (He made me the hat in my icon. :heart::heart: )
I swear, marrying a U2 fan is the way to go!

If I ever manage to get GA for a show, I'd be a total wreck! :lol::lol:

GA is the bomb. I squealed like a 12 year old girl in Vegas and in Pasadena.

BTW, I finally bit the bullet and bought a GA for Roma. I couldn't handle waiting for a potential ticket drop so I paid a premium. I cannot wait until Oct 8th! :hyper:

I'm also giddy for Anaheim when I get to catch the show with some fellow Interlanders! There will be a group hug/bounce during Streets. :lol:

The hubby took me to my 1st U2 show. And I tried to keep from total freakout levels not because of him being there, but because I was 8 1/2 months pregnant with our son, and didn't want to risk sending myself into labor. :lol:

That said, we were in Tampa last October, and not only did we camp outside the loading docks for over 4 hrs in sweltering heat, but I was in total fangirl mode during the show. Luckily I have an understanding hubby! (He made me the hat in my icon. :heart::heart: )

you know a similar thing like my sisters reaction happend this past fall in Atlanta when I was in the GA with my friends. One of my friends had never seen them live and she is a die hard fan. She almost had the same reaction when she saw Bono come on stage. She had to hold on to me. I thought she was going to faint. :lol: I love seeing moments like this. That man has amazing powers over the ladies. :drool:

I agree GA is the way to go. I am glad I was finally able to experience it last year. ClaytonsKitten, you will be in Rock N' Roll heaven down there.

I didn't marry a U2 fan, but over the course of almost 20 years, I've made one! :wink: And GA is the way to go. Our first ever GAs were for Vertigo Charlotte. I was terrified how Kelly was going to handle it because he really doesn't like crowds - he gets uber protective of me & is on constant 'red alert', expecting threats from every direction. Puts me on pins & needles because I'm worried he's going to imagine a threat where there is none & end up in jail after beating the crap out of some schmuck. :doh: Anyway, we were lucky enough to meet a really cool couple who got us in right behind them on the outer rail & just fed us tips all night on how to 'do' GAs without getting trampled or crushed. Of course, I was on Cloud 9 after the show - I'd never been that close to the band before - but Kelly came away from it absolutely hooked on U2 concerts & particularly the U2 GA experience. :love:

BTW, I finally bit the bullet and bought a GA for Roma. I couldn't handle waiting for a potential ticket drop so I paid a premium. I cannot wait until Oct 8th! :hyper:

I'm also giddy for Anaheim when I get to catch the show with some fellow Interlanders! There will be a group hug/bounce during Streets. :lol:
:applaud: Yaay for Roma GAs!! As for Anaheim, do you think it'd be easier for me to bring Elevation Squirrel on the plane or catch a stand-in once we get to CA? :hmm:

... she saw Bono come on stage. She had to hold on to me. I thought she was going to faint. :lol: I love seeing moments like this. That man has amazing powers over the ladies. :drool:
He really does! He's just so damn charming, you can't help yourself. He's like a human BugZapper.... we can't help but gravitate toward him. He's sooo beau-tee-fulll... :lmao:

GA is the bomb. I squealed like a 12 year old girl in Vegas and in Pasadena.

:applaud: Diana. I'm happy for you.

Somehow I expected some political controversy surrounding that show, I'm sure Bono is shocked and I hope for a clear statement from the band. Things like that often happen when big events take place in Russia, it's still very disappointing. However, having the guest musician on stage for Knocking is quite a statement from U2, the guy is quite a famous and very harsh critic of the Russian government. :up:

Conservative set, just as expected, for a new audience, but it looks like a great performance.

Report here:

http://rt.com/Top_News/2010-08-25/first-russian-u2-gig.html

They say almost 80 000 people there for the show.

Back
Top Bottom