Moscow Setlist Party Part 2 - 8/25/10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Given that U2 were playing Russia for the first time, I think their hits-based setlist was understandable. I hope and imagine they will change things up again.

Did they have the hookup with the space station? Can anyone tell what happened?

I just realised that they again didn't play UF. I hope they don't drop the song for good. :sad:

The shutting down of the tents for Greenpeace, Amnesty, and One is really disappointing.
My parents were at the show, but they must have got there after the booths had already been shut down, so they didn't see it. They heard about it in the news later. I've read a few Russian news articles, and there's a lot of outrage about this over there. There is a huge political/environmental movement in Russia that the government has been trying to shut down for a while,and Yuri Shevchuk is a big part of this movement, and he is also a very outspoken human rights activist. So it kinda made sense for the government to shut down the booths - kinda like a power trip, targeted at the Russian activists. At least, that's what the Russian media opinion seems to be.

Are the set lists still posted over at the new U2.com site??
I don't seem to find them (the new site works really, really slow for me) anyway.
Maybe they are put in another section now??

I read a french fan review and he claimed Your blue room was played :lol:

The setlists are still posted on u2.com but they're kind of hidden now. If you go to tour dates, each date has a link that takes you to that particular show and has the setlist plus articles.

We also post the nightly setlist in this thread.

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f306/u2-360-tour-2010-nightly-set-lists-207053.html

thank you so much for clearing that up for me :bow:

I really hate going to that site now, cus it is really that slow I can't be bothered to find out how it all works around there now.

Is the site working normal for everyone else here?? (I wonder what is wrong here :hmm: )

I just caught up with everything from yesterday's show. Looks like I missed another great show.

Given that U2 were playing Russia for the first time, I think their hits-based setlist was understandable. I hope and imagine they will change things up again.

Exactly!

And given the political climate on full display yesterday, it may be the last time they play Russia for a while or even forever.

Can't fault them for acknowledging that someone seeing U2 for the only time in their lives will want to hear Still Haven't Found, Pride, Mysterious Ways, Beautiful Day, WOWY, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Streets, One, etc.

I don't think the 360 set is perfect, far from it, but I have a bit more faith in them than last year. I know they were playing Breathe and NLOTH all the time last year, but to me, something seemed off. They really didn't seem into it- it was somewhat intangible, but something seemed to be bothering them. Especially Edge.

MW and WOWY for example sounded flat out horrible in 2009. Though they are not back to full strength now, they sound much, much better than they did last year.

They seem to have more of a fire under their asses this time, Bono is singing even better than legs 1 and 2 and Edge looks to have dropped a good amount of weight and reinvigorated himself.

More things just feel possible this leg.

So far, we have 4 unreleased songs, I Will Follow, Miss Sarajevo, NYD, Hold, Thrill, Kiss, Kill Me, Ultraviolet, NLOTH, etc in rotation.

Like you, I have some faith they will continue to mix it up a bit.

I could even see Willie coming up with some kind of sea metaphor trio of NLOTH, EBW and The Ocean. I don't think they are done thinking this set through.

NLOTH and UV would have been dropped completely with the U2 of the past, now they are at least playing them on some nights.

The only song I am really worried about is TUF.

Exactly!

And given the political climate on full display yesterday, it may be the last time they play Russia for a while or even forever.

Can't fault them for acknowledging that someone seeing U2 for the only time in their lives will want to hear Still Haven't Found, Pride, Mysterious Ways, Beautiful Day, WOWY, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Streets, One, etc.

I don't think the 360 set is perfect, far from it, but I have a bit more faith in them than last year. I know they were playing Breathe and NLOTH all the time last year, but to me, something seemed off. They really didn't seem into it- it was somewhat intangible, but something seemed to be bothering them. Especially Edge.

MW and WOWY for example sounded flat out horrible in 2009. Though they are not back to full strength now, they sound much, much better than they did last year.

They seem to have more of a fire under their asses this time, Bono is singing even better than legs 1 and 2 and Edge looks to have dropped a good amount of weight and reinvigorated himself.

More things just feel possible this leg.

So far, we have 4 unreleased songs, I Will Follow, Miss Sarajevo, NYD, Hold, Thrill, Kiss, Kill Me, Ultraviolet, NLOTH, etc in rotation.

Like you, I have some faith they will continue to mix it up a bit.

I could even see Willie coming up with some kind of sea metaphor trio of NLOTH, EBW and The Ocean. I don't think they are done thinking this set through.

NLOTH and UV would have been dropped completely with the U2 of the past, now they are at least playing them on some nights.

The only song I am really worried about is TUF.

I agree. All they need is to bring back TUF and I would be happy. Though I don't mind a greatest hits setlist, I actually like it. :reject:

Back
Top Bottom