Melbourne 1 - Setlist Party!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'm sure on the jay-z version of interference there'd be a few.

where i've been able to trace back links to the youtube video, most comments have been pretty positive of u2 and jay-z.

Oh I don't mean to say there'd be NO detractors. In fact, thinking on it, I'm sure there'd be many. Just the idea that it's impossible for a Hip-Hop act and a rock act to sing one damn song together is really beginning to grate on me

two japan shows on the last tour and a smattering of performances during the joshua tree tour and lovetown.

U2 One Tree Hill - U2 on tour

Oh I don't mean to say there'd be NO detractors. In fact, thinking on it, I'm sure there'd be many. Just the idea that it's impossible for a Hip-Hop act and a rock act to sing one damn song together is really beginning to grate on me

I don't actually have a problem with that per se; but I will admit I am a little over protective of this particular bands songs being covered / tinkered with ~ not terribly progressive of me, no I'll admit :)

1. Return Of The Stingray Guitar
2. Beautiful Day / Here Comes The Sun (snippet)
3. I Will Follow
4. Get On Your Boots
5. Magnificent
6. Mysterious Ways / My Sweet Lord (snippet)
7. Elevation
8. Until The End Of The World / Anthem (snippet)
9. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
10. Mercy
11. Bad
12. In A Little While
13. Miss Sarajevo
14. City Of Blinding Lights
15. Vertigo / Highway to Hell (snippet) / Devil Inside (snippet)
16. Funky Town (snippet) / Crazy Tonight
17. Sunday Bloody Sunday w/ Jay-Z
18. Scarlet
19. Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)

Encore(s):
20. One
21. Amazing Grace (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name
22. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
23. With Or Without You

I will watch Jay-z's set at one of the shows I'm going to. I'll go into it with an open mind. Then I will probably go into an open bar.....

shame it has to be either or for ultraviolet and hold me etc etc.

and good on u2 for finally playing with or without you properly for the first time since macphisto started singing it. i actually really enjoyed both performances i heard last week, especially the first one.

He did a wear a thinner real leather jacket at some 2009 shows. Rose Bowl and Tampa. DSC_0185 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Tampa was so bloody hot that the jacket had to come off by the end. Not like I was complaining...I got to see Adam change shirts via the monitors b/c he didn't go all the way to the underworld to do it. Best birthday present EVER. :drool:

He did a wear a thinner real leather jacket at some 2009 shows. Rose Bowl and Tampa. DSC_0185 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Zoo TV - Outside Broadcast Sept 1992 CNE Toronto | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
The Zootv fly suit was pretty shiny which has me leaning towards something synthetic that breathes.

It was probably real leather pants on TUF, but many of those show recordings can fit on a single cdr. Nowadays they're 30-45 minutes longer. Plus for pants, there's mobility issues.

Well HELLOOOO Achtung Bono. :combust:

Tampa was one of the few shows where he actually took off his jacket for a few songs...much to my delight!!!
the other night he made a big fucking deal about taking off his laser jacket, putting it on a coat hanger and attaching it to the steering wheel mic to vanish behind the screen....only to put on another jacket. wtf.

i don't know if he's been doing it all of 2010 on second nights, but wtf.

I don't actually have a problem with that per se; but I will admit I am a little over protective of this particular bands songs being covered / tinkered with ~ not terribly progressive of me, no I'll admit :)

The thing you have to realize is that your own favorite band is guilty of covering other band's songs in pretty horrific manner. Covers are going to happen, sometimes for good, sometimes for bad. To me, it just makes the good covers all the more awesome when they come around. Like Bell X1's cover of "Heartland". I love that song.

Jay Z does it himself sometimes (or uses it, at least). As do several others. SBS is a good track for hip-hop.

YouTube - Jay-Z - Sunday Bloody Sunday, Peace & Love

that didn't hurt as much as I thought :) . . . I'll try a little harder . . . but no promises . . . and really, I'm not that much of a fan of the whole hip hop movement anyway so I admit I'm a hard sell on this one!

I will watch Jay-z's set at one of the shows I'm going to. I'll go into it with an open mind. Then I will probably go into an open bar.....

:lol: . . . *wipes tea off of computer screen* :love:

I'm grateful he's not opening here in NA. I'd hate to have to explain to my FIVE YEAR OLD why we're not watching the opening act. (And I wouldnt be able to be at the open bar w/the little one, either. :lol: )

Back
Top Bottom