London 1 Setlist Party and Discussion - Part 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just catching up here....can somebody tell me who has swine flu? Brian Eno? Is that true?

it's one of the family members of Neil McCormick (i think one of his kids) that has it.. According to his tweet.

here it is..

neil_mccormick Thanks for the tweets. Its Swine Flu V U2. Hope to be back on mixing desk tomorrow ... But with my luck I'll be in hospital with my kids
about 1 hour ago from TwitterBerry

OMG JUST home from My first 360 at Wembley! WHAT A SHOW :drool:

I nearly kealed over when I heared Blue Room being soundchecked :ohmy::ohmy: Off to get some sleep before another stupidly early start tomorrow :sad: And i daresay more sunburn :sad: I put enough suncream on too :angry:

Got some decent pics and stuff, but will upload in the week :wave:

Just got back from Wembley,

Thought they'd missed out Mysterious Ways for Elevation, but was over the moon when they closed the main set with it.

Unknown Caller was fantastic, as was Walk On, despite the masks. :hyper::hyper:

yeah, still not quite sure of the masks. just seems bit too cringe worthy, even though I guess to be fair I'm not there to see it live.

How are they doing the Streets intro now? Bono speech like Vertigo?

In Zagreb, it was just Walk On seguing into Streets, then Tutu, then One.

I liked it a lot, I thought it just keeps the show at a good speed instead of slowing it down, and the transition Walk on - Streets with the red screen and lights was great. I think they finally found out that the Tutu speech belongs to One, I think it's better that way.

OMG JUST home from My first 360 at Wembley! WHAT A SHOW :drool:

Ditto. The show was stunning. Have listened to lots of boots, watched lots of video clips, but none of these remotely do justice to what the gig is like actually there. It was stunning. Electrifying. The pace was unrelenting. A brilliant, brilliant concert.

Beforehand, like many on here, I had some concerns about the set list. Well no more criticisms from me. Actually at the show, the set list works perfectly. The breathe opener is much,much better than I expected, and from there onwards the whole set just flows to create a truly wonderful experience.

And guess what -- I am going again tonight !! :cool::cool:

omg, it was fantastic.

Still in a high this morning :hyper: I loved the setlist. UV was amazing, I really loved Crazy as well, the remix was really fun.

Bono sounded amazing. I have only seen them three times, but this was the best show, the only thing I didn't like was Breathe for an opener. Where I was sitting that caused the crowd to sit back down and it wasn't until Elevation that they got back up again. It didn't put me off though, I danced all the way through.

Great setlist, although the vidoes for the show sound like theres alot of echo. Shame aswell, what a great stadium.

Went last night...a great gig.....it didn't hit greatness as I thought it might after the way Elevation and ISHFWILF went down (Stuck in a moment straight after didn't help).....but it was pretty darn superb.

Bono's voice sounds wonderful.....the best since Zoo TV easily.

Just wish I was going tonight as well.....

Yeah Bono sounds amazing during Wembley, very clean and powerful.

There is a LOT of echo/reverb in the stadium, which is to be expected really. Noticed it a lot during sound check and the warm up acts.

Having all the people in made a difference though and I didn't detect it during U2's performance. Either that, or I got used to it!

There is a LOT of echo/reverb in the stadium, which is to be expected really. Noticed it a lot during sound check and the warm up acts.

Having all the people in made a difference though and I didn't detect it during U2's performance. Either that, or I got used to it!

I couldn't make out hardly anything of what Elbow played....but there was nothing during U2 at all. :applaud:

That so called 'god' was thinking that U2 don't take enough drugs. If I ever saw him there I would punch him in the face ... :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom