Istanbul Setlist party II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From the MOTD rehearsal audio we heard, it really sounded like they mixed the song into MOTD, so I'd say its a snippet, not a separate song.

Of course, we'll have to wait for proper audio to be sure.
That's what I'm thinking right now. I'll keep it this way until we have more clarity.

So, any bets on the second encore? UV or Batman?

20 on UV.

Amazing Grace in a predominately Islamic country (although one with a history of free religion and a secular government)... the audience might have been confused.

Lila :lol:

Yes, I remember watching that, it's on you tube. Bono gave him the stage and he performed his entire song. I think then Bono then told him to get the fuck off, if I remember correctly. :lol:

atu2
Yep, Oct. 10 1992 - U2 Setlist - Tampa - Oct 10, 1992 - U2tours.com RT @u2gigs: Has ever someone performed his own song during a U2 concert? #u2 #u2360 #u2360istanbul

Ah gotcha. Though between Dylan's enunciation and B's lyrical butchery you'd better hope to recognize the melody.

Usually the guitar sounds recognizable. If we'd have to identify songs by Bono's mumbling and mispronounced/sang lyrics we'd be screwed! :lol:

oops. butchered the 2nd half of the song

it's been a while since i looked through the book

Sadly, I'd have to agree with you on this one. :|
Not that UV isn't awesome, it's just...Batman is RIDICULOUSLY awesome.

Don't worry, it'll be back. :shifty: At Brussels 1. Then Brussels II we can do UV.

I think they put UV in when they have a one off in a new country. IE, Russia, Turkey, they've never been before. Batman gets the regular cities or 2 date cities as a die hard fan pleaser. :)

Wasn't there some guy at a show on ZooTV .... oh man, I'm blanking. I saw it in that U2 Live book, with all the shows through Elevation.

There was a guy who got onstage and sang some song he had written? Was it before the encore or something?

Yeah, the 10/10/92 show during the outdoor leg of the ZooTV tour in Tampa, Bono brought some guy on stage and play his own song on acoustic guitar (or it may have been a cover) called And Eye For An Eye" themed around the Ghandi qoute.

Back
Top Bottom