Istanbul Setlist Party # 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I understand, I wasn't taking a shot at you or anything. But now that you mention it it will probably be around that part of the gig, after ISHF, where they've been slipping the new songs in. I was brainfarting a bit and thinking of Pride later in the gig, in the SBS spot where it showed up once etc.

word

And we have a claw shot.

2noewy.jpg

Maybe i'm out of the track, but playing MOTD could be U2's tribute for the trapped minors in Chile.

the miners have been down there for a month. there have been enough shows between then and now to play it.

after today's show, the next one is on september 11th. it's in switzerland, but maybe they are getting it ready for that?

the miners have been down there for a month. there have been enough shows between then and now to play it.

after today's show, the next one is on september 11th. it's in switzerland, but maybe they are getting it ready for that?

That is a good guess also.

:up:

:wave: Good to see you back!! Sorry to hear you been ill. Hope you're feeling better!!!

Zoocarolina and Rosa, thanks! looking forward to hearing about tonight's show in instanbul... bound to be very special indeed especially for the Turkish people... could we indeed see the live debut of mercy? I bet every die hard (or not so die hard) U2 fan would dearly love to hear it! I fecking would!

For those who think Bono is messing up his lyrics with Mercy in the rehearsals, remember what he did with the first time appearance of EBW in Helsinki? He did great with that song so he will be just fine with Mercy tonight if it is played, believe me... maybe an autocue would be on hand, in case he forgets or messes up the lyrics! :lol:

Istanbul, enjoy the show!!!!! should be fecking awesome!

dougal55

at 1:04 he says "ladies and gentlemen, and special guests". sounds like he's working on some kind of speech during the song.

In that YT video of the rehearsals, there's someone clearly singing verses in another language - Turkish I'd assume - that's not Bono singing.

This sounds quite exciting :D Great news to wake up to.

I wouldn't mind even if they played a standard setlist today. First, they rehearsed Mercy. I'm on cloud 9. Second, I'm happy with the state of the set. Sure, there are things I'd like them to change (TUF return?, UTEOTW->ISHF:huh:) but it seems to have overall a good flow/feel.

Now, excuse me... Squeeeeeeeeeeee!

OH and guys. We might hear it live tonight.
gavinfriday Istanbul
about 5 hours ago via txt
Reply Retweet

He's hinting again, just as he did with Soon. Something's gonna happen tonight.

u2gigs Mercy now. WTF? #u2 #u2360 #u2360istanbul
about 2 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone from here
<3 Matt

MOTD isn't Bono, that's why when I first heard it I thought it fake. It's obviously a guest spot from a Turkish band/singer?

I just realised. IF they're gonna play it, this will be the fifth unreleased song sofar that's been played on this tour.

So much for U2 playing it safe and playing a greatest hits tour. :wink:

MOTD isn't Bono, that's why when I first heard it I thought it fake. It's obviously a guest spot from a Turkish band/singer?

hm, on U2gigs it said just the guitar sound was rehearsed. I'll listen as soon as I stop replaying Mercy.
It does sound a bit like Bono to me... but not completely. I'm doubting. Nvm. The speaking voice is definitely Bono.

Quite a lot of lyric changes in that one. :hmm: And it sounds a bit smoother.

I just realised. IF they're gonna play it, this will be the fifth unreleased song sofar that's been played on this tour.

So much for U2 playing it safe and playing a greatest hits tour. :wink:

Exactly, God knows what the setlist will look like when they reach NZ/AUS! :drool:

Holy shit, dudes.

Even if they don't play them, even knowing those two were soundchecked? HOLY SHIT.

Well, look at Drowning Man last year. I don't think it's a long shot to say it won't get played, with their track record. :wink:

But seriously, it jibes with their talk of new songs and surprises.

Guess I'll be taking part in the party! So glad I'm at home today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom