Giants Stadium 2 ! Set List Party 9/24/09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mofo

Our guy has confirmed Mofo. I'm gonna set an alarm for 4am to check the setlist. Then back to bed. Hope they have the balls
36 minutes ago from Gravity

Our man in the Giants Stadium car park has twice reported a Mofo soundcheck. Stand by for confirmation.
about 2 hours ago from Gravity

I'm expecting a setlist similar to Boston 1/Toronto II tonight. Hoping Blue Room stays, though, and Unknown Caller returns.

Our guy has confirmed Mofo. I'm gonna set an alarm for 4am to check the setlist. Then back to bed. Hope they have the balls
36 minutes ago from Gravity

Our man in the Giants Stadium car park has twice reported a Mofo soundcheck. Stand by for confirmation.
about 2 hours ago from Gravity

Holy fucking fucking fucking shittastic fucking shit.

I have two words: Drowning Man.
I have three words: I Will Follow
I have six words: If God Will Send His Angels

Just because it was soundchecked doesn't mean it will be played.

^^ That aside, sounds pretty cool.

Why the hell did they ever stop playing this song in the first place? I'm listening to it now, from Mexico City... wowowowowowowowowow.

I have two words: Drowning Man.
I have three words: I Will Follow
I have six words: If God Will Send His Angels

Just because it was soundchecked doesn't mean it will be played.

^^ That aside, sounds pretty cool.

The unfortunate thing is that Mofo was soundchecked numerous times last tour, with Disco and, before the fourth leg, Velvet Dress. I'm trying not to get my hopes up... too much...

New tour dates and now Mofo has been soundchecked? Nice day in U2land.

Please guys, just break out Mofo. I beg of you... Fuck the rehearsals, just play it like you mean it, put it to chance. Do it for yourselves, screw everyone else.... :hyper:

Play YBR, screw the idiots who use it to go for a beer break, so what? You don't need 'em...

Keep Pride dropped, it doesn't work anymore! Have faith in a set without Pride, screw the people who come for the hits, they don't get Rock n Roll, they don't get why you formed a band back in the day...

Play a set to please yourselves, the rest will just fall into place... :hug:

If they play Your Blue Room AND Mofo tonight, goddammit, they'll have yet another best setlist ever on this leg in my eyes.

Mofo

From the start of this tour I've wanted some love for the Pop album. Mofo is a song that begs to be played in setting like this. I really hope they break it out and if it goes well, they keep it out.

It sounds like Bono might have just remembered the existence of Mofo, muttered a few lines of it before Cobble, got really excited, and yelled at the band until they considered playing it... Adam was probably all for it, Paul McG probably through a hissyfit but might have been forced to shut up eventually, Larry probably grunted in a non-agreeing fashion but eventually gave in, and Edge was probably skeptical but hopefully gave in on the condition that he can still sing falsetto on Stuck this evening.

Then they probably resurrected the Vertigo Tour arrangement and played through it a couple of times. Hopefully they didn't freak out while doing so, but they probably did.

Back
Top Bottom