Chicago September 13th Setlist Party Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great setlist with YBR! :drool:
It was also a great preformance of YBR. I really hope they keep it.
Was it received well by the crowd?

So Edge was singing the falsetto for YBR, ok. Odd, still good, but hardly surprising. Loved his falsetto when they did Wanderer a while back.

doesnt sound like the edge - could it be a pre recorded bono - anyone who was there can shed some light

Me and a couple of pals are discussing if the falsetto could be a recorded Sinead O'Connor...does sound a bit like her inflections at times.

It was obvious Bono was never going to do the falsetto. It's not 1995.

Sounds like Edge to me. Seems to be a few missed notes so certainly live.

the first 2 minutes of the song sounded very promising
like it could be as good as the album version
then it got .... dull

I don't know what is more shocking . . . the fact that U2 finally sang Your Blue Room after weeks of teasing it out in rehearsals . . . orrrrr the fact that U2.com seem to be pretty on the ball re highlights etc this time around :wink:

FANTASTIC videos of the diamond that is Your Blue Room . . . hugest thanks to everyone who has posted . . .almost like being there . . .almost :hug: :up:

I'm probably a bit biased since i did get the "Shine Like Stars" verse in Zagreb.
Got that one as well. :applaud: But the rest of the song sounded not like Drowning man but a man drowning. :D I felt like Bono was at the dentist's with a toothache or sth. :D I realize he's sick of it but still - try to SING it at least. PITNOL still got me jumping and screaming. But all of these is only from my perspective, of course. :)

Keep PITNOL out of the setlist...AND replace WOWY with Drowning Man! :D
This. :D:applaud:

______

And thank you all for the new videos. :hyper: :hug:

The falsettos in YBR sound much more like Edge than Bono to me.

you know what is funny? when I said that Bono wouldnt be able to sing the falsetto but Edge would do it I was called an idiot. Bono's voice was perfect, his falsetto was still there, hell even Lemon was an option blablablabla. Let there be no mistake about it, it is great to see they are doing this song. here is the "proof" however

YouTube - U2 -Your Blue Room - Chicago Debut

I rest my case :wink:

I honestly think Bono still could do it if he wanted to, but Edge certainly has the stronger falsetto of the two, and has since about 1999. Sweetest Thing '98 was really Bono's last excellent falsetto recording, and the original studio version of YBR was his last super-excellent falsetto recording.

you know what is funny? when I said that Bono wouldnt be able to sing the falsetto but Edge would do it I was called an idiot. Bono's voice was perfect, his falsetto was still there, hell even Lemon was an option blablablabla. Let there be no mistake about it, it is great to see they are doing this song. here is the "proof" however

Really, someone called you an idiot for that? You sure?

I still don't think it's Edge.

Great setlist with YBR! :drool:
It was also a great preformance of YBR. I really hope they keep it.
Was it received well by the crowd?

It wasn't received well at all. I'll be shocked if the song sticks as a regular in the setlist. After Elevation, it just sucked the energy out of the place. It sounded nice but was really out of place. Usually I'm in favor of Bono keeping quiet in between songs. However, since it's a song that 98% of the crowd has never heard and there are weird images on the screen and recorded vocals from astronauts, it needed some sort of introduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom