Brisbane 2 Set List Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:cute: I taught you well!

Lol at the person taping it stating the title. He sounds surprised. Man this song has grown on me so much. :heart: Still love the Space Cowboy line. And it fits the whole space team. :yes: Awful lot of echo on this recording. Was it like that in the stadium as well? No "For your love" Singalong? :(

Wow, so they didn't even sing along to say, HMTMKMKM/UV or MOS? Not to Mercy or even Bad? :(

None of the above. Well me and my friend did but I don't think there were too many more.

I Still Haven't Found, With or Without You and One were the significant singalongs.

Although the singalong in ISHFWILF made me actually like the song for the first time in a long time.

I would have loved to have heard No Line, Breathe and Unknown Caller live!

P.S. Brisbane Two still trumped the Vertigo Tour

How did this show do in terms of attendance? I remember someone saying that were concerned it would be cancelled due to low ticket sales.

How did this show do in terms of attendance? I remember someone saying that were concerned it would be cancelled due to low ticket sales.

I think one place said it'd be under 35,000. Think the first night was under 50,000.

Everybody made money and the added night was worthwhile. It's just going to be the lowest single night attendance on the entire tour.

It filled up a lot during Jay-Z's set. When he first came on the place was pretty dead looking. But after a few songs they started packing them in. Obviously not as well sold as the first night, but meh.

Brisbane 2 was more full than I was expecting, given some of the dire forecasts. Most of the upper deck of the stadium was empty, but the upper deck sections towards the back of the stadium (the corners and then looking straight on to the stage) were full. That was good to see.

Whilst it might be the smallest crowd yet, you might also find it was the smallest stadium played in overall. So a non sellout would of course produce the smallest crowd. Other venues may have sold that many fewer tickets for night 2 but you'd still end up with a larger overall crowd. So really not much different to other cities.

Suncorp was a great venue. It was intimate given the immense size of The Claw. It has cool shops nearby. And it is easy walking distance back to the CBD (important for out of towners like me; easy walk back to hotel).

And, not sure if this has been mentioned, but the stadium staff who were overseeing the GA line up were the BEST people ever. So so nice and caring. They errected a special structure over the GA line so that it would be covered. I asked them about it and they said they didn't want us sitting in the hot sun. They took on board the GA numbering system and come entry time they let people through in number order. So so cool. Give these people a medal. The Sydney people on the other hand were idiots.

Has the official attendance for any of the Australian shows been published?

I second Suncorp as being a cool venue. Even with the top decks not sold for night 2, I thought the crowd was still awesome and into it. I liked it being a rectangle and not an oval and so the seats were closer to the stage.

And I liked Caxton St being within walking distance, and the bars/pubs therein.... :up:

Whilst it might be the smallest crowd yet, you might also find it was the smallest stadium played in overall. So a non sellout would of course produce the smallest crowd. Other venues may have sold that many fewer tickets for night 2 but you'd still end up with a larger overall crowd. So really not much different to other cities.

Has the official attendance for any of the Australian shows been published?

Vegas, Sheffield and Horsens had tiny stadiums with "true sellout" attendances int he 40-45k range. Bris 2 will be listed as a sellout, along with a couple other venue wth roped off sections.

There hasn't been an official billboard number for a show since Vancouver October 2009. Fans have some approximate numbers and newspapers usually get the number in the ballpark.

Back
Top Bottom