Bono undergoes emer. surgery -- tour impact forthcoming!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were only, like, 4 comments when I saw the article, and I can only imagine how much worse they've gotten.

Fuckers. :grumpy:

Bono undergoes emergency back surgery; doctors believe it is because he is continually trying to throw his arms around the world

rimshot.gif

BEST

SMILEY

EVER!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I feel absolutely terrible. Such sad news. I feel like a family member has been injured. I hope Bono is well and we all are cheering his good health asap.

Trucks were told to go to MN. That doesn't guarantee that is where there will start. That might be the best case scenario and so they are sending the trucks there should Bono be ready to rehearse in time to start the tour there.

Maybe it's better for us to be hopeful, patient and wait for the official word?

i hope the tour doesn't start back up until minneapolis and they try to reschedule later this year or next year.

if they postpone anaheim, i'm not going to be up to going to denver and seattle.

if they make the decision to comeback west either later this year or next year i still have time to win powerball / megamillions so they can play two shows in tucson

A third US Leg with more cities? :hmm:

Only if I get to see one show this summer.

Well actually, I was implying the very possible scenario that the 2nd US leg won't take place until Spring 2011. Just saying that since that's a year away, they could put more shows on sale. Time is on their side for those shows to sell out in a year.

The convenience charges are refunded too in the US, just not that stupid $5 processing charge

TicketMaster does NOT refund the convenience charge for a canceled event.

I know for certain as it just happened to me for an event this week. They dont refund the service charge or the shipping charge.

Well actually, I was implying the very possible scenario that the 2nd US leg won't take place until Spring 2011. Just saying that since that's a year away, they could put more shows on sale. Time is on their side for those shows to sell out in a year.

Tie it into the Mexican/Latin America shows and the release of Song of Ascent.

They had no problem announcing the 2010 in late 2009.

Oh, I know, but Ohio got screwed. So, if the CLAWs are in the US in Spring 2011, add some more cities!!!

Trucks were told to go to MN. That doesn't guarantee that is where there will start. That might be the best case scenario and so they are sending the trucks there should Bono be ready to rehearse in time to start the tour there.

Maybe it's better for us to be hopeful, patient and wait for the official word?

If they rehearse in Minneapolis for the tour...

:drool::drool::drool: Cancel all of my June plans, I'm camping out on campus.

it hasn't happened to me, but their website says they do http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/cancelled.html maybe you can argue that with them

Im definitely going to bring that up with them, this definitely contradicts the email I received from customer service

THIS IS AN INFORMATION ONLY EMAIL-PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL-THIS BOX IS NOT MONITORED!!!

Thank you for your recent ticket purchase. Unfortunately, the promoter has now cancelled this event. Ticketmaster apologizes for the inconvenience. You will receive an automatic credit minus the non-refundable handling fee, service charge and the delivery fee to the credit card that was used to make the purchase.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact Ticketmaster Customer Service. Thank you for using Ticketmaster!

Im definitely going to bring that up with them, this definitely contradicts the email I received from customer service

THIS IS AN INFORMATION ONLY EMAIL-PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL-THIS BOX IS NOT MONITORED!!!

Thank you for your recent ticket purchase. Unfortunately, the promoter has now cancelled this event. Ticketmaster apologizes for the inconvenience. You will receive an automatic credit minus the non-refundable handling fee, service charge and the delivery fee to the credit card that was used to make the purchase.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact Ticketmaster Customer Service. Thank you for using Ticketmaster!

let us know how it turns out. that email didn't refer to a "minus convenience charge" so maybe you'll get that back too, just not the $3-5 processing fee and shipping

Automatic credit? Which means we would have to go through the deal of purchasing tix again when they reschedule?

If they rehearse in Minneapolis for the tour...

:drool::drool::drool: Cancel all of my June plans, I'm camping out on campus.

I want to be in on that. :drool: I wonder how intrepid the truckers are...I mean, should we start looking tomorrow already? Wonder if they'd be obvious, like the trucks are by Target Center on concert days.

Automatic credit? Which means we would have to go through the deal of purchasing tix again when they reschedule?

if they reschedule in the same venue, then they'll prob give the choice of a refund or still use the tickets. that's what they did with giants stadium

I want to be in on that. :drool: I wonder how intrepid the truckers are...I mean, should we start looking tomorrow already? Wonder if they'd be obvious, like the trucks are by Target Center on concert days.

I know 2 people that work on campus. I'm going to ask them to keep an ear to the ground.

Although, I'm sure whatever U2.com announces would let us know before multiple trucks start arriving.

Mark

I know 2 people that work on campus. I'm going to ask them to keep an ear to the ground.

Although, I'm sure whatever U2.com announces would let us know before multiple trucks start arriving.

Mark

then we'll get e-mails a week later :)

usually tbd games dont' get sold until it's sure that the game will be played

On less than 48 hours notice?

Here, season ticket holders get "round 3 home game #3" tickets that don't have dates on them. Not sure when their credit cards get charged or non-season pass tickets.

Mark

Sounds good. Erm...I'd guess the trucks [assuming they're coming] would come before anything was announced, but you never know.

On less than 48 hours notice?

Here, season ticket holders get "round 3 home game #3" tickets that don't have dates on them. Not sure when their credit cards get charged or non-season pass tickets.

i don't know about season ticket holders. never had enough money to have them ;)

Here's the future guys!

Ironically, I saw Mark Knopfler a couple weeks ago, and he was performing with a pinched back nerve. He needed assistance to walk on and off the stage, and sat in a chair the whole time. It didn't affect his performance at all - he sang and played flawlessly.

This is the type of chair he used (photo taken by my friend with his camcorder)-

This sux. :sad:
When he had that bad fall from the stage a few years ago and people laughed hysterically at him on the youtube clip, I hope they have some sympathy now. That's exactly why I didn't think it was funny, I cringed. All you athletes out there know every bad fall or injury comes back to haunt you as early as your 30's. So I am sure he has been dealing with back pain for years and this recent injury just aggrivated something that has been there all along.

Get well Bono. We :heart: you.:hug:
Sending lots of love and light and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom