Bono undergoes emer. surgery -- tour impact forthcoming!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seattle is exactly one month from today. I hope they give us some more details soon.

The band can still rehearse to their hearts content. Many soundchecks are "Bono free" going back to the 80's.

Doing a show similar to 2009 shouldn't be that hard. New setlist additions is where things get tricky.

They can't keep us guessing like this, they need to let us know. Yep, Glastonbury is exactly 5 weeks away from today. Part of me thinks that even if he performed in a wheelchair he'd get tons of respect for it being a truly heroic effort.

What a shitty way to start the weekend!

My wife said they could build a track around the outer circle if Bono had to be on a wheel chair. Crowd would go crazy.

I think Bono would just have to be Liam Gallagher this year. (Standing in one position most of the show)

They can put bumper lanes around the edge so he doesn't go over. And the scooter's steering wheel could light up for Ultraviolet/WOWY ...

:hmm:

electric_mobility_rascal_329le.jpg

I'm trying to understand why a wheelchair or scooter would work for him?

Back injuries hurt like hell, and sitting down sucks.

I would envision more of a Hannibal Lechter on the vertical gurney thing. :D

Oh, I am trying to be reasonable here but I sure hope the truck to Minneapolis is true....

BONO UPDATE: U2 Crew members in Salt Lake telling group of fans: tour will resume June 27th in Minneapolis(via@jaimearodriguez)

Funny if the Scooter Store got a call today from Willie Williams about designing a special U2 360 Scooter

My wife said they could build a track around the outer circle if Bono had to be on a wheel chair. Crowd would go crazy.

Just add a chair to the camera track thingies for Bono to sit in.

Originally Posted by kkaider]
Didn't Aerosmith's management want Steve Tyler to perform from a wheelchair following his shoulder/neck injuries last year? I think he declined

Reba McKintyre did part of a tour in wheelchair. The fake INXS singer did a bunch of arena dates with a full leg brace. There's other examples, even if Bono should wait until he's 100%.

BONO UPDATE: U2 Crew members in Salt Lake telling group of fans: tour will resume June 27th in Minneapolis(via@jaimearodriguez)

What do the Glasto boards look like right now?

How fast can a 360 show be done in Seattle/Edmonton after Rome? Even if the other 2 claws left early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom