Barcelona I Setlist Party (and show discussion & thoughts) Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@phillyfan re One - dude, not to be ageist, but how the heck would you know? Have you even seen One live in person yet? I didn't see One live in person back when it first came out, but I sure was moved during Elevation when they played it!! I know many who would feel the same way.

I did see it live during Zoo TV and there is no comparison. None.

028.jpg

"Think happy thoughts...think happy thoughts..."

"Wait...shit...'happy'? Where did I lay that dictionary..."

I'm glad I'll be going away for some days now and miss the massive bitching that will begin.

Next for me is Milan.

I love this band.

:heart:

I really wouldnt mind seeing that setlist at all when i go and see them, and look forward to the boot leg of this show!

"What a depressing way to end a show", but yet i bet you thought: 40, ONE, Love is Blindness/cant help falling in love to be real energetic?

Setlist is a bit iffy,opening with 4 new songs seems a bit odd

errrr... where were you in 1992?

Zoo TV started with 5 new songs and it was great. I think it's odd to open a new tour with old songs.

Didn't get to hear/see a lick of audio or video, other than the NLOTH from You Tube...The clock starts for the first recording now.

From the small clips that I heard my favorites were UV and TUF! And I gotta admit that Streets was pretty good as usual too, even though I still think they should give it a rest. But Edge running on the catwalk during that song was really cool.

Pfew, no way I could keep up with all that. Thanks for posting everyone. Off to bed now.

I did see it live during Zoo TV and there is no comparison. None.

:shrug: Really? Why, speaking in musical terms? How dramatically has the arrangement changed? Because I fail to see how the arrangement is weaker, watered down or bastardized...I can understand vocal quality, emotion, those kind of quantifiable factors..but realistically - and maybe I need to go watch ZOO again lol - the arrangement is pretty much the same. The synths were there on ZOO, btw.

I still don't think that's any basis for anyone to demand that they stop playing one of most U2 fans' favorite U2 songs. Most of U2's versions of older songs don't compare to the original tour they were featured in. I'd go so far as to say all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom