Barcelona I Setlist Party (and show discussion & thoughts) Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw, is also amazing the number of people that would go bananas bashing U2 for not playing things like UF and UV and when they finally play BOTH of those things, hey... you found another thing to bash. :cute:

Exactly. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised any more, but I don't know what people expect. I've gone to TONS of shows over the years for bands I've only been a casual fan of, and I know I'd have been really disappointed if they didn't play their hits.

Good point. I went to a concert like this, where I was a casual fan and the artist played so many "rare" songs , I felt left out because I didn't know them :reject:

Rosa, what I really want to know, is how the masks went down :wink:

On a very positive note, Bono sounds fucking incredible. There's specifically a major improvement on his falsetto.

Indeed. When I listened first to Don't stop till you get enough snippet I thought that Edge did that falsetto, but as you see in this earlier posted video it was Bono.

On a very positive note, Bono sounds fucking incredible. There's specifically a major improvement on his falsetto.

:up: I can't wait for a good quality boot to come out!

Good point. I went to a concert like this, where I was a casual fan and the artist played so many "rare" songs , I felt left out because I didn't know them :reject:

Rosa, what I really want to know, is how the masks went down :wink:

I think U2 do a really good job of balancing new material, hits, and older rarities. But hey, what do I know. lol And too, they're never going to be able to put together a setlist to satisfy everyone. Their catalogue of material is too big, and the fact is, songs are going to get left out.

And yes, mask report? ;)

Heres another one:
YouTube - U2 360 - ONE

Bono sings it much better then on Vertigo tour :)

I would say that he sings it about as well as he does on the fifth leg... which is to say, awfully.

I guess I have a hard time hearing him sing One in a totally smooth voice with little enthusiasm. His voice on ZooTV was as smooth as it is here, but there was so much... almost raw sexuality put into that song that it sounded amazing. His voice was raspy and unsure on PopMart and Elevation, and I honestly think that enhanced the song. Vertigo was just a passionless mess, and this looks like it's just carrying Vertigo's faults over.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45Nyn_BqNas[/youtube]

was on the spanish news again... sorry for almost no audio.. everyone is asleep so I couldn't turn it up... and used my cellphone to film it :|
but you can at least see something.. im sure it will be on the morning news again... will record it then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom