Barcelona I Setlist Party (and show discussion & thoughts) Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed my mind... :macdevil:

bonomatrix.jpg

My eyes hurted :sad:

Running to Stand Still sounded better on Vertigo than it had on ZOOTV.

No way. I doubt you'll find much agreement on that one.

Electric Co? Gloria sounded better in 2005 than 1988.

There is no way. NO WAY. What are you talking about??! They were great, awesome, amazing. But better than when they first came out? :lol:

Axver, may you comment the setlist and not post personal crap all over and over?
thanks

Only if you find something original to say.

What? ZooTV had the most static setlists in U2 history. Unless you're referring to the general artistic adventurousness of the album it was promoting, of course. But ZooTV itself was choreographed and repetitive.

Not to be pedantic, but I'd say Popmart's sets were somehow even more static than ZooTV's.

There is no way. NO WAY. What are you talking about??! They were great, awesome, amazing. But better than when they first came out? :lol:

I never liked the ZOOTV performances of RTSS, even when it was new. Love the song, thought they made a mess of it that tour.

And Gloria came out in 1982. I'm talking 1988, when it was last performed, until it took a break and came back sounding so great for the Vertigo tour.

And WITHOUT QUESTION Electric Co sounded better on the Vertigo tour than EVER before!!! (IMHO)

That's why the old characters shouldn't be abused again either. They belonged to a different era, and should be kept there.

Oh no Gabe, somebody prefers something different to your preference! Jesus christ, get over it.

Personally, I think the Vertigo Tour had better performances of The Fly and TEC than their debut tours did. You clearly think this is an impossibility. So what?

this setlist could use some polishing

I'm just SOOOOOOO happy "Vertigo" and "Elevation" didn't make an appearence...having said that wish they would scrap "Angel Of Harlem" and "In A Little While" in favour of songs like "Exit" "Acobat" "Love Is Blindness" "Gone" "Please" or something darkly similar....LOVE the fact that Unforgettable Fire is there!!!!!!

Oh no Gabe, somebody prefers something different to your preference! Jesus christ, get over it.

Personally, I think the Vertigo Tour had better performances of The Fly and TEC than their debut tours did. You clearly think this is an impossibility. So what?

Yeah, The Fly is another great example! Certainly the best performance of the song since it was new. SONICALLY the best ever, although the ZOOTV performances were so much about the visual for me as well......

And I honestly don't get how anyone could listen back to back to a classic early 80s performance and a 2005-6 performance of Electric Co and not agree that the song was better than ever..... Unless they're just being nostalgic, I guess? (IMHO)

Not to be pedantic, but I'd say Popmart's sets were somehow even more static than ZooTV's.

Don't mean to start an argument with the Setlist Antichrist, but...

ZooTV - 54 songs, 158 shows
Popmart - 55 songs, 94 shows

Of course, there was an extra album's worth of songs (plus Passengers and HMTMKMKM) in the U2 catalogue by that point.

Can someone please repost the pic of the claw with the screen fully expanded (i think during COBL). Thank you.:hyper:

Just got back. When I turned the Radio on in the car the first song I heard was MW and when I was driving home on a different station ISHFWILF came on. U2 is in the air:hyper:

Don't mean to start an argument with the Setlist Antichrist, but...

ZooTV - 54 songs, 158 shows
Popmart - 55 songs, 94 shows

Of course, there was an extra album's worth of songs (plus Passengers and HMTMKMKM) in the U2 catalogue by that point.

That would be because they couldn't nail a huge number of songs, as opposed to zootv where they had a tight set that worked every night.

However, I agree with Ax in Popmart being more static because once they found the set they wanted, they hardly ever changed it

:up:

Are you married? Cause if not? I'd like to propose.

Thanks, but yes I'm married...She likes U2 as well...as long as they are in some exotic city we can travel to, to see them...locally, meh she will go.

777033165_e008eddc14.jpg

I look like crap there, because I was hiding some mics in my hoodie...

actually, I think many of the Electric Co. performances on Vertigo Tour were the best ever of that song....

Glad the tradition of setlist bashing is still JUST as popular in 2009 as it was in 2005/2006, and 2001...and 1997, and...

Give it up. That is what they played. This is not your band. You are not a unique snowflake.

The concern/critique is so easy to dismiss when your view is that U2 can do no wrong. The fact is that it's a safe, predictable, unchallenging set... and they're over-compensating with their "rarities".

The Norm + UF + Ultraviolet = AMAZING!!!11!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom