Barcelona I Setlist Party (and show discussion & thoughts) Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did see it live during Zoo TV and there is no comparison. None.

I was at the Omni show in Atlanta on March 5, 1992, the second or third (?)night of that tour. That song was ...well... no words really. Bono was in tears as he sung. It certainly doesn't have that same feeling anymore, to me anyway, (and I don't believe Bono tears up anymore) but maybe to someone who's never seen it, it might have a little bit of that specialness left...

errrr... where were you in 1992?

Zoo TV started with 5 new songs and it was great. I think it's odd to open a new tour with old songs.

I was there ,well 93 for European leg.:drool:
Saying that though Achtung Baby was a far superior album to NLOTH .

030.jpg

:applaud: Great party everyone! The set was exactly
as I expected and not a disappointment at all. They could
play J. Swallow for all I care; I am justreally excited that
the guys are touring again. Thanks to GG and all who kept
us updated. Now am off to do my art history project -
that's due in 4 and a half hours :yikes:

Now I'm going to watch all the videos we have without stupid lags :hyper: I think the set was great, not the best, but still great. Can't wait to hear a full audio bootleg of the show :hyper: or a fan-made multicam dvd :drool:

Thx everyone, good night!

God, Bono's voice sounds powerful on MOS. The mix sounds a little empty though. Hope that's just because of the feed. I don't want a stripped down MOS, I don't think any of us do.

good times...the panic, the elation, the disappointment, the pictures...all make a great damn time :up:

I have to go and run an errand really quick. If anymore pics come up I'll post them as soon as I get back on

Drowning Man...

There are many songs I would rather have U2 play in it's place. However, I'm disapointed that they chickened out.

Great setlist, just looks like it could use a few more rockers in there!

:shrug: Really? Why, speaking in musical terms? How dramatically has the arrangement changed? Because I fail to see how the arrangement is weaker, watered down or bastardized...I can understand vocal quality, emotion, those kind of quantifiable factors..but realistically - and maybe I need to go watch ZOO again lol - the arrangement is pretty much the same. The synths were there on ZOO, btw.

I still don't think that's any basis for anyone to demand that they stop playing one of most U2 fans' favorite U2 songs. Most of U2's versions of older songs don't compare to the original tour they were featured in. I'd go so far as to say all of them.

Yeah, but one thing to keep in mind is that when one of U2's better songs goes away for a tour, when it comes back it is generally fresher and, well, better when it returns....

Yeah, but one thing to keep in mind is that when one of U2's better songs goes away for a tour, when it comes back it is generally fresher and, well, better when it returns....

Example? Do you really think UF or UV will sound fresher and better this time around? I personally don't see the need to compare, but for people who like to, it strikes me as unfortunate that people would evaluate a concert experience this way..

Same setlist EXACTLY as rehearsal, right? 22 songs a little short, no? Anyone clock the exact run time of the show?

Does seem a couple of songs too short....just saw Elvis Costello two weeks ago and he nearly played for 3 hours...he and the crowd were loving it so much....but they didn't have to worry about curfews either and no opening act. I liked that...you get to see who you came to see with no time constraints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom