Barcelona I Setlist Party (and show discussion & thoughts) Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was he supposed to lift up into the audience or something? I don't quite get the hanging microphone...

Was he supposed to lift up into the audience or something? I don't quite get the hanging microphone...

It gives him a highly mobile microphone that's still on a stand that he can manipulate for theatrics, like he did a lot as The Fly and MBM.

Great pic:

http://twitpic.com/8wmfq

and this:

http://twitpic.com/8walr
8wmfq

Ooh, Bono's playing an audible electric guitar!

Oh, wait, no, that's the normal guitar.

Perfect example of how, for some U2 fans, U2 can do no wrong.

So now we're counting previously non-existent songs as new setlist ones... seems sort-of obvious, non?

You're the one that mentioned it should be more ZooTV like, when was the last time they came out of the gate with this many new songs opening up the set? Tell me how ZooTV was different from this setlist?

You're the one that mentioned it should be more ZooTV like, when was the last time they came out of the gate with this many new songs opening up the set? Tell me how ZooTV was different from this setlist?

It had more songs from Achtung Baby. :wink:

Easy...not as many Achtung songs :wink:

Seriously though, I think he's just upset there wasn't as much from the 90's but I'm sure it'll show up in due time. Its only the first show...

Perfect example of how, for some U2 fans, U2 can do no wrong.

So now we're counting previously non-existent songs as new setlist ones... seems sort-of obvious, non?

This is a perfect example of how, no matter what they do, people like you will never be happy.

They can't play shows just for the hardcore fans that want to see a show full of Tomorrow and Treasure.

This set is a perfect mix for new and old fans. The show would suck if they played dusted off songs all the time, because half the crowd wouldn't know them and there would be no atmosphere.

For fuck's sake, when will you people just grow up and stop whinging about everything they do. You can be upset, fine, but stop ragging on everyone else's buzz and pull that stick out of your arse

So did they play or Beautiful Day or not? It seems to be unclear in the official setlist thread.

This is a perfect example of how, no matter what they do, people like you will never be happy.

They can't play shows just for the hardcore fans that want to see a show full of Tomorrow and Treasure.

This set is a perfect mix for new and old fans. The show would suck if they played dusted off songs all the time, because half the crowd wouldn't know them and there would be no atmosphere.

For fuck's sake, when will you people just grow up and stop whinging about everything they do. You can be upset, fine, but stop ragging on everyone else's buzz and pull that stick out of your arse

Wow, you're twisting everything... I'm not asking for a set full of obscure songs... I'm not asking for the "Hardcore U2 Fan Setlist"... I'm just asking for some real variety. We've seen this show for the last 4 or 5 tours. Why are WTSHNN and WOWY still on every setlist without exception (for all intents and purposes)?

And I'm referring to the courageous step it took to release Achtung! after the whole Joshua etc. period.

Here's my idea... wait for this setlist to gel, term the "Standard Setlist" and then have Setlist Parties as follows:

Tonight's show was "Standard Setlist":
+ Bad
- SBS

What about the mention of Ave Maria? :hmm:

That would be amazing beyond words. :love:

I heard rumor of an ending involving Bono singing a few bars of "Rocket Man" with just Edge ("And I think it's gonna be a long long time" as outro), a la "Can't Help Falling in Love" in Zoo.

That, in my opinion, could sound incredible and a perfect ending. Pass this along to them!!!! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom