Barcelona I Setlist Party (and show discussion & thoughts) Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:

from Neil McCormick's twitter page... (yes, I'm obsessed... :uhoh: )

neil_mccormickApparently Bono couldn't turn off LED lazer jacket after show & travelled to hotel sending beams of red light from his car

On a very positive note, Bono sounds fucking incredible. There's specifically a major improvement on his falsetto.

:up:

Just read and watched all the vids and comments on the Thread...

From what I can determine they put on a fine show! I'm super excited...September can't come any faster!

How sweet does this look:

barcelona1_stage.jpg

I think the mistake that many of you are making is the assumption that U2 has much desire to cater to the "hardcore" fans that petulantly demand shows comprised almost entirely of obscure songs. Before I continue, I've seen a ton of shows and have my own list of rare songs that I'd love to hear. However, I know that I and many of you comprise a tiny fraction of the people that attend these shows. Sure, there may be 1500 crazy fans camped out for days for the GA line, but what about the rest of the stadium that are more casual fans, yet fans nonetheless? Do they deserve to be slighted of the songs that represent U2 to them?

I'm in the minority of hardcore fans I guess, but I would be deeply disappointed by a setlist without Streets, WOWY, SBS, BD, etc. Yes, I have seen them every single show, but they belong in each of those shows as the songs that define the band. I feel that the 360 setlist is an awesome combination of required standards and rarities. On Vertigo when An Cat Dubh / Into the Heart was played, there was an obvious drop in crowd participation. Obviously the fanatics were thrilled, but the "average" fans (who, again are probably 75% of the audience) kind of zoned out, which leads me to my point.

U2 is legendary for the power and intensity of their live shows. A large part of this energy is absorbed by them from the crowd. What is the better bet to generate this atmosphere, pandering to setlist elitists or the entire stadium?

From what I've seen on Youtube, I'll agree with the sentiment of most here that it is a good and visually dazzling show. I'll also agree that One needs a rest. Following Streets with One is soooo Vertigo tour for one thing. I also think the set needs a bigger dose of 90s. U2's 90s tracks just beg for a visual spectacle, and this stage can bring it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom