Auckland I - New Zooland Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah that must have been a cool contrast to see trojanchick, Giants Stadium and Gillette were both massive crowds, though it was cool to be in a complete bowl stadium @ Giants.

As small as it looks, I'd imagine it'd be cool to see 360 in an intimate venue... though I certainly enjoyed being a part of an 84,000 person crowd @ Giants Stadium.

Yeah, we set some sort of record at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa. That was a great feeling. Broke the Super Bowl attendance record b/c of the GA crowd on the field. :D

I'm actually looking forward to the E. Lansing show though, b/c it'll be in a university stadium as opposed to an NFL one, so it'll be a smaller venue.

I was at the record breaking shows for Gillette and Giants stadium. I still might get over there for East Lansing, I used to live in MI, and MSU is one of the few things I like about the MidWest (I love MSU basketball especially) and Spartan Stadium is a nice place, plus it'd be a good excuse to visit some friends.

I was at the record breaking shows for Gillette and Giants stadium. I still might get over there for East Lansing, I used to live in MI, and MSU is one of the few things I like about the MidWest (I love MSU basketball especially) and Spartan Stadium is a nice place, plus it'd be a good excuse to visit some friends.

We're gonna be up in the upper-deck area for MI, but we're still planning on trying to get out there early in hopes of camping out for band arrival. Our little one is going along, and it'll be his first U2 show. (unless you count me being pregnant with him at Vertigo Pittsburgh)

Here you go Sicy!

martini-4.gif
martini-4.gif
martini-4.gif

:drool:

Hip-hop brings out the worst in U2 fans.

As does U2, for that matter.

Hey I like hip hop.

We're gonna be up in the upper-deck area for MI, but we're still planning on trying to get out there early in hopes of camping out for band arrival. Our little one is going along, and it'll be his first U2 show. (unless you count me being pregnant with him at Vertigo Pittsburgh)

What state are you from?

Not surprised. Not one bit.

The crowd reaction to Jay-Z (based on pics; if I don't have a right to setlist bitch, I don't have a right to fan bitch) is pretty disappointing. The thing is, I doubt he would have agreed to open for U2 in America, a country filled with wannabe gangbangers bumping Empire State of Mind.

He would've been more successful in America, but he could fill Arenas here. Of course, this is looking to be a disaster in NZ

atu2 RT @kiwinatasja: Awwww Jay Z just had a minute of silence for the #pikeriver miners at the U2 concert....epic win Jay Z! <333

The crowd reaction to Jay-Z (based on pics; if I don't have a right to setlist bitch, I don't have a right to fan bitch) is pretty disappointing.

Yet if Kanye is anything to go by, Auckland will probably be the most receptive city for Jay-Z. Last time, some parts of the Auckland crowd dug Kanye; Melbourne and Sydney were tepid (perhaps a little more tepid in Melbourne), and Brisbane could not have given a shit, though that was partly Kanye's fault for making a dreadful, egotistical speech early in his set that immediately put off a lot of the crowd. Can't speak for Adelaide; wasn't there.

And then we're driving about an hour and a half for the Pittsburgh show, but the little one isn't going to that. That's a treat just for the hubby and me. A bonus show. :D

Ahhh, I wanna go to Pittsburgh so bad. Trying very hard to make it happen.

We're in NE Ohio. (We live right near Youngstown, OH)
It'll be about a 6 hr drive each way for us.

And then we're driving about an hour and a half for the Pittsburgh show, but the little one isn't going to that. That's a treat just for the hubby and me. A bonus show. :D

Enjoy!!!

I lived 30 miles north of Detroit from 1999-2003, Michigan blows, but I've still got some friends out there I miss an awful lot!

Well everybody, it's been real, but I've been up since early this morning and my head's pounding now, so it's definitely snooze time for me.

Those of you that can stay up / are in more manageable time zones enjoy yourselves, I'll see you guys tomorrow!

:wave: Bye guys :hug:

Ahhh, I wanna go to Pittsburgh so bad. Trying very hard to make it happen.

The hubby and I had to scraaaaaaape together enough $$ for a pair of the $30 seats the day they went on sale to the public. Sent him to the local ticketmaster outlet and now we're not buying each other anything for Christmas. But Irishmen are a great gift anytime of year! :wink:

The hubby and I had to scraaaaaaape together enough $$ for a pair of the $30 seats the day they went on sale to the public. Sent him to the local ticketmaster outlet and now we're not buying each other anything for Christmas. But Irishmen are a great gift anytime of year! :wink:

I do surveys and the money can go towards Ticketmaster gift cards, so I'm hoping by the time Pitt rolls around I'll have enough of those gift cards to get pretty good tix to the show. I hate the idea of not doing GA, but I like the idea of hitting the last show of the tour.

atu2 He was on stage for about an hour, longer than previous openers. RT @Reid_NZ: Jayz finishd now + was great. #U2360downunder

Looks amazing. Wish I was there, badly.

Shouldn't be too long now! Bring it.

Back
Top Bottom