Arlington Setlist Party - 12 Oct 09!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I think what happened was completely unacceptable bullshit (since a simple bit of communication could have fixed it right away), let's not get carried away.

In the media, it's going to look like "people went to a concert and some people didn't get the spot they wanted." There's nothing anyone will gain by doing that.

If anything, a statement/apology from the band and/or the venue would be all that I think would be forthcoming. And honestly, considering U2 has rarely commented on any sort of GA fuck-ups, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Yes, U2 needs to be more involved with the individual venues because stuff always happens with GA, but let's get a little perspective: no one got arrested, no one got hurt.

Again: it's complete bullshit, and those fans have every right to be angry and upset. Unless they were actually forced to leave the venue, they probably don't even have any recourse for a refund, which is unfortunate. But still.

Flame away. ;)

I think people should make a stink about this, get it to the media. It's so wrong. I feel so bad for the folks who had to go through this

While in the U2 fan community something like this is unfortunate and considered a 'big-deal', it's not something the media or the rest of the world are going to care about. Going to the media won't accomplish anything. And I wouldn't blame U2 - the venue security should have consulted someone from the band's camp before attempting to clear out the area....

Is there no one from the band's management or touring staff that would be around to help in situations like this? Was anyone even remotely connected with the band alerted? How does something like that going unnoticed?

I can't imagine they wouldn't have someone on staff that would be able to work with the venues and security.

(... although if that were the case, then I suppose everything in general would go a lot smoother during the tours.)

That's really crappy.

Principle Mgmt. really doesn't have too much to do with the day to day tour happenings like they used to. At least that's what I was told in Tampa. It's all Live Nation now, and because of that I can totally understand that happening and nobody doing anything about it. Very sad for those epoeple. Hope it all got worked out.

It's too bad they had to chop off the spire for tonight. That mirrorball is one of the coolest parts of the show :(

Sucks about that GA situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom