Amsterdam Setlist Party Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Laura

There's one small addition to this. You missed out the snippet for Reverend Black Grape during Crazy Tonight.

Great setlist party! Shame someone tried to spoil it.

Tonights Setlist

1. Breathe
2. No Line On The Horizon
3. Get On Your Boots
4. Magnificent
5. Beautiful Day
6. Elevation
7. Desire/ Billie Jean(Snippet)/ Don't Stop Till You Get Enough(Snippet)
8. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
9. One
10. Until The End Of The World/ Break On Through(Snippet)
11. City Of Blinding Lights
12. Vertigo
13. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight(Remix)
14. Sunday Bloody Sunday/ Rock The Casbah(Snippet)
15. Pride(In The Name Of Love
16. MLK
17. Walk On
18. Where The Streets Have No Name/ 40(Snippet)
19. Bad

Don't worry, UF will be back.

I suppose, UF and UTEOTW will rotate, because it's the same place in the set, same visuals, screen expanding and same Bono behaviour on the bridge :giggle:

Btw, I liked the Vertigo version of Elevation much more, it has such a nice buildup. I think if they decided to play Elevation more often on the tour, they should definitely go for some catwalk action, the performance desperately needs that.

Very wrong. The Crazy remix rocks incredibly hard live, audience loves it, and SUC would make a great addition to this set.

Don't judge the songs before you haven't heard them live. You Tube videos and bootlegs just don't do the performance justice.

Agreed so much. I HATED the studio version of the remix, but it's my utter FAVOURITE live. It's fucking awesome and everyone rocks the fuck out to it. In the beginning you see people wonder what the hell they're listening to, but as soon as Bono starts singing they recognise it and halfway EVERYONE was singing and jumping.

Agreed so much. I HATED the studio version of the remix, but it's my utter FAVOURITE live. It's fucking awesome and everyone rocks the fuck out to it. In the beginning you see people wonder what the hell they're listening to, but as soon as Bono starts singing they recognise it and halfway EVERYONE was singing and jumping.

The whole GA was rocking during this song ! FUCK this was the best show ever:drool::love: Great show, best setlist ever!

never diss the 100 mikes feeder after ES live from Barca

NEVER

Truth. I will forever be grateful to these guys for giving us ES live so we could all go apeshit together.

I don't see why people were bitching about the feed not working. Haven't you guys learned by now that Mikes ONLY feeds CHANGES? :huh: It was as clear from Barca 2 that this was the way and it's not changed ever since.
Someone gets the setlist in advance, Mikes feeds the changes. That's how it goes. They do not feed the WHOLE show.

You're either kidding or you're stupid. Those are two of their three most popular and well-known songs (along with Pride). They're never getting dropped.

Actually, One didn't get such a huge crowd reaction in Amsterdam at all. Compared to Streets, SBS, Pride, ELEVATION AND VERTIGO YES, WOWY.. Especially with the early appearance on night two, the cellphone thing moved to MOS. And it worked surprisingly well! I'm definitely warming up to that song live!

I don't think the crowd would actually miss One all that much. WOWY is a whole other story, that was a HUGE reaction. And people can bitch and whine about Pride and SBS all they want, but the stadium loves it.

Hell Yes! Crowd was the best I've ever been in! Going mad!

Sooooooooooo

Is there a bootleg yet? :D

Not found any yet, I think it will take a day or two untill one pops up.
Dutch people are laaaaazy :wink: But fuck I want a bootleg.
The crowd was pumping , amazing , even on the seats. Everyone was standing the whole show except for 3 bloody idiots exactly in front of me. (wich only helped me to see things better) I olmost piss my pants when bad was beginning! And UTEOTW was great. And the sea of lights at MoS. Dang, totally going to belgium no matter if I have to go walking.

Don't know how WOWY is getting such a good response when it sounds like dogshit. Really, that was my only major problem with the show last night. I love that song, at its peak it was one of U2's best live moments, but if Bono's going to keep mumbling it and if the band won't end it properly, it's just not worth playing. At least rotate it with ISHFWILF and/or One.

Plus I think the whole Arena was actually singing with the band from song one., or at least clapping. The waves at the beginning! Everyone was going F*ing nuts. agree that they were going weird on WOWY, but it didn't sound that terrible.

Ok, so after the great additions to last night's setlist, here's my idea for future shows:

Magnificent (still think this should open the show
No Line On The Horizon
Get On Your Boots
Breathe
Beautiful Day
Until The End Of The World
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Angel Of Harlem
Drowning Man
Unknown Caller
Unforgettable Fire
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Crazy Tonight
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Pride
MLK
Walk On
Where The Streets Have No Name
One
Ultraviolet
Bad
Moment Of Surrender

Don't know how WOWY is getting such a good response when it sounds like dogshit. Really, that was my only major problem with the show last night. I love that song, at its peak it was one of U2's best live moments, but if Bono's going to keep mumbling it and if the band won't end it properly, it's just not worth playing. At least rotate it with ISHFWILF and/or One.

I focussed on the music, and that sounded good. Larry is playing the R&H way again, instead of the LAZY Elevation/Vertigo way. Sounds great to me!

I focussed on the music, and that sounded good. Larry is playing the R&H way again, instead of the LAZY Elevation/Vertigo way. Sounds great to me!
Larry was amazing yesterday. Heck, the whole four of them were amazing. 360 > Vertigo by a thousand miles.:drool:

Do you hear us coming Lord? during One is win:up:

Actually, although most of the Vertigo versions were lackluster at best, that was when Larry started drumming again like on R&H, unlike the lazy Popmart/Elevation versions. Listen to the Chicago 2005-05-12 version for example.

He needs to stop being lazy on Mysterious Ways on the other hand. The tom action during the bridge has to have a comeback.

Larry was amazing yesterday. Heck, the whole four of them were amazing. 360 > Vertigo by a thousand miles.:drool:

Do you hear us coming Lord? during One is win:up:

Oh yes, he's a new person this tour! He's SMILING, talking, interacting with the crowd, walking out with his conga and laughing and smiling to fans, waving and last but not least drumming brilliantly!

The snippet in One is great, definitely makes the song worthy for me. Now if we could only get Shine Like Stars back.... :hmm:

Yes, anything that's one sentence or more counts. The All you need is love snippet in Streets is only one "All you need is love" anyway, that still counts too. And many of the snippets from 40 are actually just Bono singing "How long to sing this song" once, and then the crowd taking over.

A question: Did Bono sing much of "Drowning Man" and did he sing it at the beginning of MOS? Because I cannot find a video of MOS that also includes DM, so I guess he must have sung it before MOS. I'd love to hear it. Cannot wait for the bootleg.
Wow, I just watched the U2gigs youtube clip of MOS, and I have to admit that if I were at that concert I would NOT have recognized it.

YouTube - U2 Amsterdam 2009-07-21 - Moment Of Surrender & Outro - U2gigs.com

The DM snippet goes from about 4:30 to 5:00.

It wasn't sung, it was just sort of recited like a poem. And it sounds like he changed half the lyrics. I doubt I would have recognized it.

hello,
my name is alexandre, i'm french and i was at these two concerts
what can i say? fuck it was so fucking awesome
i was just close to the catwalk, and during Magnificent (the 21st), i was the guy with the "40" request and bono took it, i don't know if some of you remember that, i'm on the video "note for bono" on u2.com and i would like to know if someone has pictures of this moment please?

thx guys :)

@MOS Youtube video

"It's not if I believe in you, but if you believe in me."

:ohmy:

So much better than the album lyric. This song is getting better and better live.

Back
Top Bottom