Wembley Stadium-Saturday 15th August 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to let people know if you're not keen on traveling the underground.You can get a train from Marylebone to Wembley Stadium. they are bout every 15mins and it only takes about that to get there.Also having checked on times at national rail enquires.They run up till 23.20 for on the way back.

Thought I'd post this here as it's relevant for the day, I just received an update about tube line closures for the weekend and as usual the Jubilee Line is closed, so if you're using the tube to get to Wembley, then get yourself on the Metropolitan Line :wink:.

Another note, what time are people reckoning to get there to line up? I haven't been to Wembley before so am not entirely sure :hmm:.

metropolitan line shut also if im reading this right?

Planned engineering works for this weekend | Transport for London

which has fooked me as i planned on parking at hillingdon or uxbridge

Anyone suggest a good parking spot for someone travelling down from the midlands (m40). At the moment im learning towards somewhere like Chorleywood?

2 great seats available for WEmbley Aug 15th

Hi guys --

owing to some friends not able to make it, I have two really good seats next to each other in section 125 for sale. I paid £330 for the pair but will listen to any reasonable offers. Please message or call me on +44 (0)7956 169 759.

Thanks!

Anyone suggest a good parking spot for someone travelling down from the midlands (m40). At the moment im learning towards somewhere like Chorleywood?

The Metropolitan Line is only closed from Uxbridge to Rayners Lane, so the rest of the line should be running.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/realtime/by-date.aspx?offset=2

Looks like Jubilee line only closed between green park and stratford so still running from central london to Wembley

That's good then :up:, it's changed form the email I got at work cos the whole Jubilee line was closed on that.

Stink! hopefully you can find a bus to Wembley or at least nearby.

I think they are putting buses on to replace the tubes on the metropolitan line. I can just see it being a bit of a nightmare? It will take a lot of buses to empty a tube train. Long time since i used the tube so i dont know how well organised it is when this sort of thing is put on?

don't bother with public transport- just drive to Wembley- it's basically straight the M40- onto A40, and park at the stadium or in one of the unofficial car parks- try www.parkatmyhouse.com- that's what I'm doing anyway- they're mainly as safe as the official car park- have never had any problems using them and you can get out alot quicker than from the official car park

Hi guys --

owing to some friends not able to make it, I have two really good seats next to each other in section 125 for sale. I paid £330 for the pair but will listen to any reasonable offers. Please message or call me on +44 (0)7956 169 759.

Thanks!

Now sold. (phew!)

If you can pre-book parking using the link above. Be wary of people just sticking on a yellow jacket, putting up a sign and charging you to park on the industrial estate - from what I gather many of them have no authority to do so whatsoever.

If using the official car-parks, unless you are among the first back to your car don't bother rushing - especially if you are parked more towards the arena. The only exit is up near the stadium, if you are parked in the opposite half to that you won't move anywhere for about an hour. Ideal time to get some post-gig merchandise :applaud:

Serious?

don't bother with public transport- just drive to Wembley- it's basically straight the M40- onto A40, and park at the stadium or in one of the unofficial car parks- try www.parkatmyhouse.com- that's what I'm doing anyway- they're mainly as safe as the official car park- have never had any problems using them and you can get out alot quicker than from the official car park

Have you driven to Wembley before during a big event? Friday will be a nightmare unless you go early and on Sat you will be battling with the shoppers around the North circular. And as for parking you are taking a big chance on getting anything unless you pre-book it and then getting out after will be fun!

I am speaking from experience here I have been to the Stadium and Arena over the years and driving is a real pain.

Warby

Have you driven to Wembley before during a big event? Friday will be a nightmare unless you go early and on Sat you will be battling with the shoppers around the North circular. And as for parking you are taking a big chance on getting anything unless you pre-book it and then getting out after will be fun!

I am speaking from experience here I have been to the Stadium and Arena over the years and driving is a real pain.

Warby

I always drive be it arena or stadium, the only delay I have had recently getting out was the 2nd night of Oasis where we used the official car park. Pre-book on the industrial estate and it's a doddle, no queue to get out. There is a handy rat-run on the way out, turn left down Atlas Road and you can normally skip some of the traffic (I say "normally", coming out of Take That I think they were directing people down there which spoilt my fun!). Have a look on Streetmap.co.uk.

Re Friday, it is best to go early but the nightmares of the 90's don't happen any more - the never-ending roadworks aren't there now and have have helped clear that up. It was utterly stuffed today though, crash at Brent Cross closed it eastbound leaving a queue going half way to the M25 junction on the M40 / A40.

For people coming from the South up the M25 to the M40 be warned the roadworks there are an absolute nightmare. Friday afternoons it will routinely be queued all the way back to the M3 - expect an hours delay for that at any time from 2-3pm onwards (if you don't get delayed then count your luck stars!). Not so bad coming from a Northbound direction.

fair Comment

I always drive be it arena or stadium, the only delay I have had recently getting out was the 2nd night of Oasis where we used the official car park. Pre-book on the industrial estate and it's a doddle, no queue to get out. There is a handy rat-run on the way out, turn left down Atlas Road and you can normally skip some of the traffic (I say "normally", coming out of Take That I think they were directing people down there which spoilt my fun!). Have a look on Streetmap.co.uk.

Re Friday, it is best to go early but the nightmares of the 90's don't happen any more - the never-ending roadworks aren't there now and have have helped clear that up. It was utterly stuffed today though, crash at Brent Cross closed it eastbound leaving a queue going half way to the M25 junction on the M40 / A40.

For people coming from the South up the M25 to the M40 be warned the roadworks there are an absolute nightmare. Friday afternoons it will routinely be queued all the way back to the M3 - expect an hours delay for that at any time from 2-3pm onwards (if you don't get delayed then count your luck stars!). Not so bad coming from a Northbound direction.

Good advice mate and it is a while since I drove so do respect your help. I will be doing the public transport bit I am afraid, but does mean I can have a couple of beers! Enjoy the show should be great.

Cheers
Warby

Warby

it was a pain when they were doing the re-building works at the stadium- but since then it's been fine- we've driven down there loads of times for stadium & arena shows and have never had any problems. We were there a few weeks ago for Oasis and Take That and just drove straight in to the car park (this was early afternoon for Oasis and about 5pm ish for Take That)

As long as you avoid rush hour - ie 4pm to 6pm on Friday it should be fine. The North Circular is dual carriage way all the way from the A40 to the Ikea junction that takes you to Wembley.

I can do the journey in about 2 hours from where I live (it's about 100 miles each way)

I have no faith whatsoever in this country's creaking public transport system so will always opt for the car wherever possible

the parking has been pre-booked. There's no need to pre-book Wembley stadium official parking- but depending on where you are it will take about an hour to get out- but then it will take you that long to get on a train/bus (if there are any running)- personally I'd rather be sat in the car

Related?

it was a pain when they were doing the re-building works at the stadium- but since then it's been fine- we've driven down there loads of times for stadium & arena shows and have never had any problems. We were there a few weeks ago for Oasis and Take That and just drove straight in to the car park (this was early afternoon for Oasis and about 5pm ish for Take That)

As long as you avoid rush hour - ie 4pm to 6pm on Friday it should be fine. The North Circular is dual carriage way all the way from the A40 to the Ikea junction that takes you to Wembley.

I can do the journey in about 2 hours from where I live (it's about 100 miles each way)

I have no faith whatsoever in this country's creaking public transport system so will always opt for the car wherever possible

the parking has been pre-booked. There's no need to pre-book Wembley stadium official parking- but depending on where you are it will take about an hour to get out- but then it will take you that long to get on a train/bus (if there are any running)- personally I'd rather be sat in the car

Are you and CDparky related!

Warby

couple of questions for the Parky crew:lol:

im now thinking of just driving down (especially as i dont have to drive back:wink:)

last time i went to wembley was the old stadium for popmart. Drove down quite late and parked on an end space for a quick getaway as i had already seen the show a few times and left halfway through 'one'. Got blocked in and had to wait about 2hrs. do you still get this problem or is the parking more systematic now?

I take it from your comments the traffic around wembley is far better than it was then anyhow?

I think for the extra fiver i would rather park at the stadium just for peace of mind. Though i am considering the 'wembleyman' at parkatmyhouse

at the end of the day its gonna cost near £20 for 4 of us on the tube anyhow

opinions welcome

ps only going on the saturday so fridays rush hour wont be a problem!

couple of questions for the Parky crew:lol:

im now thinking of just driving down (especially as i dont have to drive back:wink:)

last time i went to wembley was the old stadium for popmart. Drove down quite late and parked on an end space for a quick getaway as i had already seen the show a few times and left halfway through 'one'. Got blocked in and had to wait about 2hrs. do you still get this problem or is the parking more systematic now?

I take it from your comments the traffic around wembley is far better than it was then anyhow?

I think for the extra fiver i would rather park at the stadium just for peace of mind. Though i am considering the 'wembleyman' at parkatmyhouse

at the end of the day its gonna cost near £20 for 4 of us on the tube anyhow

opinions welcome

ps only going on the saturday so fridays rush hour wont be a problem!

We are booked with Wembleyman. First time I've used him as I was too late for my normal spot, friend used them for Take That & Madonna and recommended that one. Parking at the stadium is fine BUT you risk a long wait to get out (though the later you get there the better you will fare on that front). The problem is the nominal exit routes get ignored and it ends up with about a dozen queues of traffic trying to go through one lane. If you are parked down near the Engineer Way side of the car-park you will be there for ages (unless you leave before the final song). By the time I got out from Oasis at Wembley I would have been all but home (to Basingstoke) were I parked in the usual place.

I can't comment on the tube as I've never used it for an event at Wembley.

Traffic around Wembley is way better than it used to be, I remember all too well the lengthy queues in and out of Zooropa & Popmart. They've done a good job getting people to use public transport :lol:

NIce one

The 2 London shows & Cardiff. Glasgow & Sheffield got bumped in favour of sunny Barcelona :hyper:.

Good call, I would love have gone to Barcelona, I am doing all the UK shows but if they tour in 2010, which looks likely I think I will go for a couple of European shows. Have to say I am looking forward to Cardiff the most as it was my best show on the Vertigo tour.

Cheers
Warby

Good call, I would love have gone to Barcelona, I am doing all the UK shows but if they tour in 2010, which looks likely I think I will go for a couple of European shows. Have to say I am looking forward to Cardiff the most as it was my best show on the Vertigo tour.

Cheers
Warby

would totally recommend Barcelona- great city, great venue, amazing crowd and fantastic weather.

good luck with however you're getting to Wembley this weekend

Does anyone need an extra ticket?

Also, I will pay money if someone could hold my place in line. I am sick and don't think can queue the whole day. So if someone is interested in doing this, please let me know. PM me or whatever.

Just put this into the thread for the Friday Wembley show but I think it could go in here too:

For those who want to go for a drink after the show, there's a lovely and very cheap pub called The Glasshouse Stores on Brewer Street in Soho. It's my fav boozer in central London.

Glasshouse Stores London - Pub & Bars Information , 55 Brewer Street, Soho

You'll recognise me as the logo on the left is also on my T-shirt
smiley.gif

OK all, I'm working the U2 gig today and attending it tomorrow.

If anyone has questions please post them here and I'll try to respond - I can't guarantee anything but will do my best based on what I see/learn/know. ;)

As to Jubilee line, part closure is expected tomorrow as already stated, which affects you from Green Park through Stratford (Wembley Park is not between these stations). This website gives real time updates so check it before leaving today/tomorrow (the Jubilee Line was part suspended this morning for example due to a signal failure).

Service update now | Transport for London

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom