UK Dates next Summer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
l would like to think that u2 could attract more than 50,000 to a gig in Scotland, even when there is a big game of football on. i believe the ticket prices were to blame for any empty spaces!
The last time they played here, the most expensive tickets, (Barre corporate hospitality) were £55. A lot of Tickets this time were nearly double and triple that price!

i can't believe that U2 would by pass Britain and ireland and go back to country's and city's that they played last summer. For a band who claim to love there fans. it would be a slap in the face it there where seen to be just chasing extra money around Europe, while ignoring there oldest fan base.

I wouldnt really call it a slap in the face, there could be a number of reasons why they are not coming back to the UK, who knows maybe they will end the tour with a leg of UK and Ireland?, or maybe stadiums just are not avialible when they would need them due to the football season?

Somethings not right when Canada (come 2010) will have had as many 360 shows itself as Scotland, England, Wales and Ireland had! I will feel insulted if the UK gets snubbed on the 2010 legs!

Somethings not right when Canada (come 2010) will have had as many 360 shows itself as Scotland, England, Wales and Ireland had! I will feel insulted if the UK gets snubbed on the 2010 legs!

Canada is a stronger market for U2 right now than is the UK. :shrug:

We mustn't feel entitled to U2 shows.

U2 is playing Glastonbury! At least according to several news reports.

Funny this popped up tonight, they were playing highlights from this year's Glastonbury on Palladia earlier today and it had me thinking "hmm, I wonder if this might be U2's UK date", and then thinking "nah, they'd never do it without the whole setup and besides, they're in North America then..." :hmm:

I actually hope Glastonbury isn't true. If that's the case then it pretty much rules out any more UK dates next year. I really want more U2 own gigs rather than a festival.

Maybe the difference is that the average music taste of Canadians is better than that from people in the UK. :)

7 shows / 33 M people vs. 5 shows / 61 M people ....

The Sun is actually the biggest selling Newspaper in the world.

But on a bad point Glastonbury is already bloody sold out!

How long before this is confirmed or denied do you think? I'm refusing to get too excited about this right now.

FUCKING GET IN!!!! I'm at work, absolutely buzzing right now. Cannot believe it.

Now I'm mega-annoyed. The tickets are all gone so I won't be seeing them. Thanks very much guys. :angry:

U2.com said:
Friday June 25th, the opening night of the fortieth Glastonbury Festival, is the day to mark in your festival calendars. It will be the only date the band play in the UK and Ireland next year.

:gah:

Told you that The Sun wasn't always full of shit, It's only always full of shit when talking about politics, football...

Well **** you U2, you could at least have let us know you wouldn't be coming back to the UK when the other shows went on sale. Adding to the fact that Glastonbury has already sold out, how the hell are your British fans that can't afford hundreds of pounds for a holiday abroad going to see you next year?! I really feel badly let down by the band now.

BBC News - U2 to headline 40th Glastonbury

Confirmed.

Glastonbury is always sold out quickly, even before the major acts are announced.

Well **** you U2, you could at least have let us know you wouldn't be coming back to the UK when the other shows went on sale. Adding to the fact that Glastonbury has already sold out, how the hell are your British fans that can't afford hundreds of pounds for a holiday abroad going to see you next year?! I really feel badly let down by the band now.

Sorry but the UK had a number of shows this year, my country didn't have a show, we had to go abroad for all the U2 shows.

And I'm sure there will be extra tickets for the festival available. The organisers wanted to avoid U2 fans buying all the tickets and making up most of the audience. It's a festival after all, it's not a U2 show.

Back
Top Bottom