U2 venue hotels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4U2Play

Refugee
In order to help out our fellow fans, I thought it might be useful for those who are planning on travelling to see U2 to put together a list of affordable and safe hotels you can recommend near venues in your hometown where U2 might play over the next two years (I know there are websites dedicated to concert venue hotels, but they seem to only have more expensive places listed).

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area of California, so assuming U2 do a stadium tour here in the US, there are only two real possibilities for venues:

Oakland Coliseum, aka McAfee Coliseum (Oakland) - Football/Baseball park - Site of Joshua Tree, ZooTV & PopMart tours

ORACLE Arena & Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum

AT&T Park (San Francisco) - Baseball park

AT&T Park: Official website of AT&T Park in San Francisco

HOTELS NEAR OAKLAND COLISEUM

Days Hotel Oakland Airport Hotel - Days Hotel Oakland � An Oakland, California Airport Hotel.

La Quinta Inn La Quinta Inn Oakland, California Hotel - Airport/Coliseum

Quality Inn Hotels in Oakland CA : Offering Shuttle Service to the Oakland Airport : Quality Inn Oakland

HOTELS NEAR AT&T PARK

Most hotels near the park are either very expensive or in dodgy neighborhoods. Because San Francisco is so small, however, it is no problem staying at the budget hotels up on Lombard St. or in North Beach, and catching a taxi to the park (about a 10 minute ride)

Buena Vista Buena Vista Motor Inn�A New Hotel On San Francisco�s Lombard Street.

San Remo San Remo Hotel :: North Beach San Francisco

Hotel Del Sol San Francisco Marina Hotels | Hotel Del Sol | Family Hotel Near Marina

Any additional SF/Oakland hotel recommendations are appreciated.

How about Dublin, London, Amsterdam, etc?

Thanks for starting this list—I'm working on Amsterdam/Dublin hotels now for my own research, but I'll post what I find on here!

Here are the hotels I reserved so far. All still had rooms available as of this week, though prices are going up.... I made the reservations on 10 March.

Prices listed are what I paid in US Dollars for one room with two beds, includes taxes and fees.

All are close to the venues and received good reviews from other guests on Tripadvisor.com and other websites:

AMSTERDAM -- $110 per night

Mercure Hotel Amsterdam Aan de Amstel: Hotel reservation with Mercure in AMSTERDAM

DUBLIN -- $81 per night

Ardmore Hotel, North Dublin City Hotel - between Finglas and Glasnevin

GELSENKIRCHEN -- $107 per night

- - -Arena Hotel - -

Just a hint... kayak.com is your friend. I found great deals for Jurys Croke Park on here (though they are gone now). But you can search for hotels based upon a million criteria and even distance from Croke Park. Star ratings, etc. etc.

Back
Top Bottom