U2 to play free show to mark fall of Berlin Wall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going too! Got some B categories. I wonder what that means... :hmm:

And yeah, if anyone wants to get together and watch it together I'm up for it. Cheers! See you next thursday!

I'm going too! Got some B categories. I wonder what that means... :hmm:

Apparantly Category A is in front of the stage and Category B is behind the stage. looks like the stage will be sort of 360 here as well, with everyone in Category B standing in the old East Berlin and Category A in West Berlin.

Yes, that makes sense. Category B tickets say entrance is east (Wilhelmstraße). So category A should be west (Straße des 17. Juni or the street going down to Potsdamer Platz).

I'm not gonna go. Not enough moneiz :(

send me an email at jonathan @ puntervold.dk
if you want my tickets, category B

first come, first serve

cheers :)

^oh I'm sorry! :(
yes, very expensive for me too indeed! :der:

edit: if they're not gonna play the CT remix: :madwife: LOL!

Tickets given away now.
So you don't have to send emails anymore :)
Best of luck to those of you who still haven't got any...

Well, I guess you'll lose all the games you don't play so here goes nothing.

I have two Honduran friends who live in Hamburg and Furth and would die to come to see U2 in Berlin. Unfortunately, I have already given my 2nd ticket away so I couldn't help them. Anyway, if anyone has any tickets they won't be able to use, I can pass them on to these two. But only if in any remote case. :wave: Thanks.

cf_177@hotmail.com

Thanks, guys.w

Outrage over wall blocking free U2 Berlin concert
(AP) – 2 hours ago

BERLIN — Fans hoping to catch a glimpse of U2's free concert celebrating 20 years since the fall of the Berlin Wall will have to "scale these city walls" after organizers threw up a massive barrier to block the view for those without tickets.

The move has triggered outrage from Berliners, who see the irony in building walls around a concert dedicated to the wall that has come down.

Music network MTV, which organized Thursday's concert in front of the Brandenburg Gate, did not respond to requests for comment.

Some 10,000 tickets were made available online for the Irish rockers' free show — and they were snapped up in just three hours.

The Berlin Wall fell Nov. 9, 1989, ending almost 30 years of east-west Cold War division.

Copyright © 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

What a totally ridiculous thing from MTV to do :doh:

I read they do this to prevent hordes of people from blocking access to the buildings surrounding the area. I think it's a very bad move on their part and I hope it doesn't backfire on U2.

^ Totally! I doubt however that the people who are there now are really troubled by it, but then after the concert in retrospect they will be too... It's really a shame.

This is a shame. MTV has been worthless since the early 90's anyway, why play for such a crap television program? I could care less winning anything from MTV. If I was U2 I would demand they take down the 12 foot wall and maybe at least put up a 4 foot barrier to divide the people that got tickets, then anyone else could stand behind it so they can see the concert.

Youvegotta be kidding me!! Shame on MTV, the city of berlin and U2 (if they knew about it)
How ironic and ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom