U2 at Lambeau Field?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, just wanted to throw this out there because i've been hearing some chatter about this, and now i just came across this site that confirms the same info i've been hearing.

this is obviously still a rumor and probably still a longshot, but it's weird that it's showing up on sites now:

Lambeau Field (Green Bay, WI): Profile & Events - Eventful

What exactly is Eventful?
Because they have U2 at the new Gopher TCF Stadium on July 1, 2010, too. (WOOHOO!!! if real)

U2 TCF Bank Stadium in Minneapolis at TCF Bank Stadium - Eventful

Mark

They've left the final decision on whether to play at Lambeau up to Brett Favre...he has yet to make up his mind.

U2 are real gunslingers.

if this is real, i wonder if, as a season ticket holder, if i could trade my 1 preseason game for this concert. :wink:

u2 at lambeau field would contradict this post...

I spoke with a Live Nation rep today. he told me the following:
(1) As it stands, there are not going to be extra stadium shows in the US. He said that this MAY be the internal memo going around just to make sure they sell out the first dates. When I reminded him of the 4 day window per venue, he said he agreed but was told there wouldn't be additional shows.
(2) There are 10,000 GA tickets AT $45 each per show. Apparently there are two GA prices, at least for Boston, $45 and $55. He doesn't know any more than that.
(3) U2 is doing arena shows in the US after the stadiums.

u2 at lambeau field would contradict this post...

I assume Live Nation and U2 are really only talking about 2009 right now, and even that is mixed up.

Lambeau Field could be credible for 2010, as well as some of the other dates the site has listed. Obviously, this is all speculation, but everything so far points to U2 playing the U.S. in the summer of 2010, and early leaks are not unheard of.

Mark---:pray::pray::pray:

I assume Live Nation and U2 are really only talking about 2009 right now, and even that is mixed up.

U2 has already planned it's southern hemiphere tour 20 months from now. They don't know if that includes Oz.

Stuff like Fenway have to be booked 2 years in advance if there is limit to number of concerts per year.
If they pick the dates early enough they don't have to worry when football games are played.

U2 has already planned it's southern hemiphere tour 20 months from now. They don't know if that includes Oz.

Stuff like Fenway have to be booked 2 years in advance if there is limit to number of concerts per year.
If they pick the dates early enough they don't have to worry when football games are played.

Oh, I know. I was just referring to the person who said they talked to a Live Nation representative. I meant as far as the public is concerned, LN and U2 are only talking 2009.

We all know of the famous foreshadowing of Popmart's Sydney date during ZooTV.

Mark

My brother saw the Eagles play the Packers there a few years ago. He is an Eagles fan, so he was excited and said he had a great time.

My brother saw the Eagles play the Packers there a few years ago. He is an Eagles fan, so he was excited and said he had a great time.

it's weird because i totally take it for granted (i ususally go to 3 or 4 games a year), but it seems like a holy shrine for sports to people from outside Green Bay.

:faint: <--- My best friend's reaction if this proves to be true. She's not lived in WI for about 12 years now, but as a U2 fan & diehard Cheesehead, this would be the marriage of her two most sacred idols. :giggle:

best burgers in town. it takes 5 napkins to soak up the grease! :wink:

Butter patties .... :drool:

I'd be very surprised if they played Lambeau, to be honest. It's a comparatively small city; the nearest big city (Milwaukee) is about 2 hours away. Would certainly love to be proven wrong, though.

It sure would work out pretty sweet for me - I can combine my annual trip home with a U2 concert, stay with my step-sister in Green Bay, and my dad might have an "in" with the stadium, as he does some work with the NFL for the Packer home games. That's probably some big wishful thinking ... but maybe a good parking spot could be a sweet deal there. :wink:

If U2 played at Lambeau, then I would change what I previously said about only seeing them this tour if they come to Detroit. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom