Tour Dates Announcement on 9 March - U2360°

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OhNozOMG.gif

Here is a stupid fact.

Popmart Leg 1 = 30 shows
Popmart Leg 2 = 32 shows
Popmart Leg 3 = 18 shows

You think U2 will add more shows in the US & Europe in 2010??

I meant the day of the announcement

Ah, right. :up:

I'm planning on hitting Dublin myself, so the sooner we have confirmation, the better!

You think U2 will add more shows in the US & Europe in 2010??

I have heard talk of a second Europe leg in 2010 already, but nothing solid. Could be total bollocks. Who knows, really.

Yeah I've heard so many good things about their shows and from watching all their concert dvds I cannot wait:applaud:
I'm gonna have to travel for a show but I don't care:hyper:

I was like that too before my 1st show. Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to see them until the Vertigo tour. Felt like a kid at Christmas when I actually made it to the shows lol

Traveling for a show can be A LOT of fun!

I was like that too before my 1st show. Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to see them until the Vertigo tour. Felt like a kid at Christmas when I actually made it to the shows lol

Traveling for a show can be A LOT of fun!

Yeah I have a feeling its gonna be better then a kid at Christmas:hyper:
I've travelled for shows before and yeah it's so much fun! Just gonna blast U2 in the car the whole way there:wink:

Ah, right. :up:

I'm planning on hitting Dublin myself, so the sooner we have confirmation, the better!

I have heard talk of a second Europe leg in 2010 already, but nothing solid. Could be total bollocks. Who knows, really.

I know. I have work 12-7 on Mondays, so I hope they announce it in the morning, so I can stop at the travel agent before work.

For purely personal reasons, I'm hoping that the Dublin dates are actually later in the summer, but we'll see. However, where exactly did the 24,25,27 July dates come from in terms of the rumour? This could be nothing, but am I the only person to notice that the dates happen to correspond with the dates and actual week days of the three Vertigo concerts in 2005? Admittedly the month in 2005 was June, but those three concerts took place on Fri 24th, Sat 25th, and Mon 27th - just as the 2009 speculation has three concerts on the same dates / actual days in July this year.

Is this just a coincidence, or the kind of pattern that someone starting a rumour would follow?

More U2 tour details emerge27 Feb 2009
2812114_2812114.jpg
The first batch of dates will be announced on March 9

Live Nation’s Chairman of Global Touring, Arthur Fogel, has been talking about the upcoming U2 tour.
“I think fans will be very impressed,” he tells UK trade magazine Music Week. “U2 have always been on the cutting edge in terms of stage design and technology. Performing live is an art form in itself and there is no greater master of that than U2.”
As revealed in their current Hot Press cover story, the band will be playing ‘in the round’ with a 360-production. They’re eschewing indoor arenas, festivals and other ‘flat field’ events in favour of stadiums. “Given the unique design of the production, it’s mandatory really,” Fogel resumes. “There is no front or back – we’re playing surrounded by the audience.” As for ticket prices, “There will be an extreme tiering. I’ve always been a proponent of scaling. The notion of single price tickets is not something that I’ve ever embraced but I think that in this particular (economic) climate it’s important to really look at that tiering carefully.”

Music Week also quote Paul McGuinness as stating that details of the world tour will be announced on March 9, with approximately 25 shows in Europe and 25 in North America before Christmas. European ticket sales will commence on March 14 or 15 with the Irish leg expected to comprise of a three-night run in Croke Park on July 24, 25 and 27.

Is this just a coincidence, or the kind of pattern that someone starting a rumour would follow?

Hot Press came about as close as you can to confirming it without actually confirming it.

The classic "confirmed rumour" if there ever was one. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom